TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Part 26 - More time at Tokyo DisneySEA!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:30 am

Nrthwnd wrote:Robb, how is the capsule toy count on this trip? Any interesting ones found?

I haven't bought a single one in probably the last 2 or 3 Japan trips. Honestly, I think I'm "over" buying capsule toys for the most part. I'll take pictures of the machines we see that are interesting, but I've just found that the stuff I buy winds up in a drawer or eventually gets thrown away, so I really haven't been into buying many of them lately.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:14 pm

WIN!

I was watching your front page twitter post of "We're on a Screaming Log Flume!"

and about 10 minutes later, I hear cursing from the other room. So I called out to Nick, "what's wrong?"

and he replied with:

"We're on a Screaming Log Fluuuume!!!"

"It's stuck in my head! why did you play that????? "

:evil: :devil: :evil: :devil:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:01 pm

Great report! Cosmoworld definitely is a unique park. Did you do the haunted house walkthrough where they gave you the candle that measures your fear?
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Great report! Cosmoworld definitely is a unique park. Did you do the haunted house walkthrough where they gave you the candle that measures your fear?

I didn't do it this time around, but I've done it in the past. It's a type of walk-through you'll find at quite a few Japanese parks.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:22 pm

REGISTER for our forum to leave a comment!

Click HERE for an index of all our Japan 2018 Trip Updates

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 11 - Today we had a nice casual day in Tokyo after doing a few park days, so it was great to take a break and give people some time to see the city. We ended up back in Harajuku to re-visit some shops we wanted to go back to and also find some familiar but different food! I then ventured out to Akihabara, the "electronics district" for some retrogaming fun and ended the night taking advantage once again of the "evening Starlight" pass at Tokyo Disney! Here we go...

Good morning from the Yamanote Line in Tokyo! Today’s adventure will bring us back to Harajuku and Akihabara areas of the city!

OH, SHIIIiiiii....

Because the world needs...NEEDS a whole section of a store dedicated to squishy bakery products!!! :lmao:

Not kidding, there is a HUGE section of a store decides to fake squishy bakery items that look and smell (and squish) like the real thing!!!

It is IMPORTANT that there are four different colors of squishy French Baguettes!

Dear world... I apologize in advance that this had to happen...
This was a quick service restaurant that ONLY serves things that are "long, longer, and longest." Potato on a stick, Cotton Candy, Churros. All super long versions of it!

And now for the food portion of the day...
Because we LOVE Gyu-Kaku at home, it only makes sense we go to one in Japan also!

While the menu items were slightly different, the concept was the same...

And everything is so fresh and delicious! If you live in or near a major city in the USA, you may have one of these close by!

Akihabara is the “electronics district” and you can find every electronics item known to man.

From iPads, Computers, Big Screen TVs, to wire cutters and soldering irons.

I am mostly here for retro video games!

You can find LOADS of Japanese retro games dating back to the early Nintendo Famicom days.

Super Potato is the most well known retro games store in Akihabara but it’s also become the most main stream over the years.

There are other shops like Book Off and Traders in the area, too. The volume of obscure retro game finds and decent prices are becoming less common in these stores and they are now more common to tourists rather than locals selling or trading games.

Inside Super Potato you will find rows and rows of Famicom games for “okay” prices (about the same as eBay honestly.)

There are still a few oddball systems, like this Japanese Vectrex, but I think this store is becoming less appealing for more hard-core collectors and more for casual retro game fans.

Stores like “Book Off” will have bins of old Famicom games as well.

Mostly common stuff so if you’re just starting out your collection, Akihabara is a great place to go!

Many of you probably know that before I did TPR full time, I spent 20+ years in the video games business.

While I’m not as much into modern games anymore, I will always have a soft spot for retro games and I love checking out these shops!

It’s sooooo weird that I keep ending up here isn’t it? :Pr

I will never... EVER get tired of this view!

This is instantly my new favorite store at Tokyo DisneySEA! #NewsiesForever

We just shot some really nice 4K low light footage of Sindbad’s Storybook Voyage! Can’t wait to share it with you all soon!

It is most certainly a popcorn kind of night!

First some Curry Popcorn (still one of my top favorite flavors!)

Then the new Blueberry flavor!

This one is soooo good!

Another view I will never got bored of!

Aquatopia is still my all-time favorite “pointless” attraction! (And I mean that in the best way possible!) I always have the biggest smile while riding this!

You can find Toy Story Mania in the Toyville Trolley Park! Another completely impressive area of the park!

And here are Some of my favorite scenes from Sindbad’s Storybook Voyage...
Love this attraction!!!

Another amazing evening at Tokyo DisneySEA!!! I can't believe all these Tokyo Disney visits so far have been "un-official" and we don't even start our official visit to the park for about another 10 days! We still have four full Tokyo Disney days to look forward to!

While that wraps up this day, I have posted an awesome... AMAZING video from Yokohama Cosmoworld! Be sure to watch with the volume UP! :lol: :lmao:

Now, POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!! After all, we took the time to write this report, the least you can do is post something nice about it! :P

Click HERE for Part Twelve of our TPR Japan 2018 Trip!
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:26 pm.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby JG-77 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:17 am

TPR records back at it again with their new hit single “We’re on a Screaming Log Flume!” going on tour now at a flume near you ;)

Jokes aside, that’s one cool log flume, and another great installment in this TR! :b
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:47 am

Just got caught up with this report. So much to love here. Squishies, plushies, Pokemon, expectations that people behave civilly--Japan is incredible. And that's even before the ramen noodle ride and screaming log flume. Japan is full of the best ideas.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:36 am

Great report! Toy Story looks incredible all lit up at night.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:36 pm

^^ I agree wholeheartedly, Andrew...loving this report!

I have to say that your post made me think of Stephan from SNL - and that's never a bad thing. :lol: ;)
Capture.JPG

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:23 pm

:lol: That's quite a compliment!

Love Bill Hader; he's somewhat local too (Tulsa, OK).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!