TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Part 26 - More time at Tokyo DisneySEA!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: TPR in Japan - 2018 - Theme parks and Japanese Fun!

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:05 pm

REGISTER for our forum to leave a comment!

Click HERE for an index of all our Japan 2018 Trip Updates

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our "TPR Japan Tour" has officially begun! The first park of the trip is Yomiuriland, a nice Japanese amusement park that we have watched grow and transform over the years. They have removed their wooden roller coaster many years ago (an improvement to the park, IMO) and added super cool very "Japanese" rides like "Spin Runway" (and fashioned themed roller coaster....yes, you read that correctly) and a "Cup O Noodles" themed rapids ride. These new additions are amazing!

Be sure to follow our Twitter and Instagram Stories for live updates from our trip!

Anyway, on to a few photos & videos...

This morning is the first day of our TPR Japan Tour! Today we are at Yomiuriland! Filming and fun on some of the highlight attractions at the park! It's a nice small group! That's how we like doing TPR tours these days! If you're ever interested in join one of our tours, you should email us!

We have started our day Yomiuriland with some early ride time on Bandit! The parks signature roller coaster!

Doing some filming this morning on Bandit!

Should have some awesome new footage to share soon!

Not only was it awesome meeting a TPR fan working at Yomiuriland...

...but he was also sporting a Knoebels shirt here in Japan! AWESOME!!!

I’ve always loved the “Standing & Loop” coaster Yomiuriland! Same track, but two different trains! One is a “stand up” train...

...and one is a “sit down” train! The ride is super fun!

This is a “fashion show” themed roller coaster! It is totally weird and amazing!!! We have awesome video to share with you soon!

So this is a “Cup O Noodles” themed rapids ride and it is ever bit as screwed up and awesome as you would expect!!!

At the “Jurassic Car” ride...
they have costumes you can dress up in...

and then go on a Vintage Car adventure with dinosaurs!!! Oh, Japan! Do you ever stop being amazing!!!

It was awesome meeting more TPR fans today at Yomiuriland!

Here’s a few more pics of Bandit...

This coaster is celebrating 30 years this year!

Here's the view from the front seat of Bandit!

Some amazing flavors in Japanese CocaCola Freestyle machines!

Why can’t we have Wild Grape Coke at home? (It was delicious!)

"Spin Runaway" is a "Fashion Show" themed roller coaster, which is part dark ride, part spinning coaster, and part video game! It's totally weird and completely AMAZING!!!

Bandit currently is running a “Stop & Go” program, meaning when the train gets to the very top of the lift, it will stop for 10 seconds so you can enjoy the view of Tokyo! I love Japan!!!

Yomiuriland has this cool “Autopia” mixed with Test Track mixed with a video game car ride! Again, such cool funky rides in Japan!

Yomiuriland has a giant Ferris Wheel because it is a national law in Japan that all amusement parks must have a giant Ferris Wheel!

New this year at Yomiuriland was a Zamperla Disk-O! These are always such fun rides!

Guess what?

Land Dog Butt!!!

Time to head out of Yomiuriland!

Always loved the Gondola ride that you take from the train station to get up to the park!

Had a great time at Yomiuriland today! Was nice to see the new expansions and attractions at this park from our last visit!

Now, POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!! After all, we took the time to write this report, the least you can do is post something nice about it! :P

Click HERE for Day Nine of our TPR Japan 2018 Trip!
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:43 pm.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby jcrouse » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:13 pm

That park looks great! I love that the sky ride goes through the Bandit coaster. It's great for photos! And I want some of that Wild Grape Coke - that sounds amazing!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:38 pm

I can't express ENOUGH how much I enjoy and appreciate your daily Japan reports!   And I LOVE that you 'wander off the beaten path' -- the BEST way to embrace a people and a culture (and have fun!).  I've learned so much more about Japan as I follow your travels.  From your 'private cooking lessons' to the everyday streets beyond the 'tourist scene,' your ongoing pix are like a 'coffee table book' that I can pick up each day and savor!

When and IF you ever return :lol: you'd probably enjoy reading one of my fave books, Turning Japanese, Memories of a Sansei, by David Mura. The writing is brilliant and takes you on this great voyage of discovery as Westerners experience the Japanese way of life.

Happy travels! =)

Alice

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:43 pm

heh. the group looks like it's having a great time. What a fantastic park to start with.

why can't America have a Cup of Noodles raft ride???

and stopping at the top for a moment to let folks enjoy the view is a lovely idea (that would NEVER fly here in the USA). . . one day, I'll hopefully make it to Japan to experience the wonderful things y'all are seeing/doing.

thanks again for the daily updates, love following along.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:53 pm

Great update, Yomouriland has always been a relaly intriguing park because of Bandit but I never knew about the other funky attractions.

I have to ask out of curiosity, but have there been more fans recognize you guys than normal this trip (maybe because of the increase in your social media reach over the years) or have you always met followers in the past and just didn't post as much about it? Either way it's really cool to see you meet fans on the other side of the world, I was just curious because I don't really recall it happening as much in the past.

Love the updates, it's been fun getting you Instagram stories throughout the day at work.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:22 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:I have to ask out of curiosity, but have there been more fans recognize you guys than normal this trip (maybe because of the increase in your social media reach over the years) or have you always met followers in the past and just didn't post as much about it?

It really just depends on our trip and the time of year. In 2015 we were invited to (and apparently were featured guests) of a Disney fan/Bloggers Party. And that was fantastic!

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:18 pm

Great report! Looks like you guys are having a blast
Japan is definitely a country I want to visit one day, and the fact that it has all these parks with fairly unique rides only makes me want it more
Keep posting these awesome updates =)
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Great report! I'm definitely looking forward to hitting this park.

Spin Runway and the Noodle Rapids are two of the oddest themes I have ever seen, but it sounds like it's so messed up that it's fun.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:58 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Spin Runway and the Noodle Rapids are two of the oddest themes I have ever seen, but it sounds like it's so messed up that it's fun.

They were odd yet completely awesome! Why is it that Japan is one of the only places in the world that seems to be truly "Creative" when it comes to theming rides?

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Jelenp » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:03 am

Never noticed how cool the Bandit trains looked! Awesome TR and can't wait to here more from the Japan trip.
Top 5: 1. Storm Chaser 2. Steel Vengeance 3. Lightning Rod 4. Maverick 5. Lightning Run
Coaster Count: 112
I <3 Dollywood

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!