Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

TR 23: Phantasialand Wintertraum - November 2017
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Postby JordyC » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:58 am

cfc wrote:This park is more extensive than I thought, yet we don't hear much about it on TPR. Thanks for the report and the photos.

Exactly! I do not understand why we don't hear more of this park. It is for sure one of the better parks that I have done, and I enjoyed it very much.
And you're welcome! I really enjoy making trip reports.

coasterer22 wrote:Exactly what I was thinking when I read this report. Great collection of rides and adorably well themed for a park you don't here about too often. Nice report and awesome photos!

It is indeed very well themed!
Thank you!

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Wow, Nigloland looks fantastic! Glad you had a good time there, and I'm especially glad you shared it with us. I didn't know much about Nigloland previously, but it definitely looks like the sort of place I would really love. Thanks!

Thank you!
I also didn't know much about this park before my visit, except of course for Alpina Blitz. But it definitely exceeded my expectations.

ObeyTheShihTzu! wrote:Thanks so much for sharing your pix and info on a park that I knew very little about. :idea:
And kudos to you for a very artistically angled shot of the giant Ferris Wheel!

Thank you very much! I am glad you enjoyed it.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Phantasialand Wintertraum || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

Postby JordyC » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:56 am

Movie Park Germany (Star Trek: Operation Enterprise) - September 2017

Hello everyone!

On September 16th 2017, I finally found some time to visit Movie Park Germany this year, to check out their brand new Mack Mega Coaster - Star Trek: Operation Enterprise. I absolutely love Blue Fire, Alpina Blitz and Helix, so my expactations for this ride were pretty high. During my visit the park was extremely crowded, resulting in queue times of 60+ minutes for almost every ride. Somehow, I still managed to get 3 rides on ST:OE; one in the front and two in the back. The back seat is definitely my favourite, because of how high you twist on the vertical spike and the great airtime that you get. The front seat has the better hangtime, though. So what are my thoughts?

Well, as I said before, my expactations were very high. And guess what, it exceeded all of them! This coaster is awesome from start to finish! Granted, it is not the most intense coaster in the world, nor are the launches the most powerful out there. But this coaster doesn't need that. Would it have been better if it was more intense? Probably. But I don't mind. This ride is just pure fun, and that is what it is all about. The vertical spike in the back seat is just nuts! The hangtime in the inversions is awesome, and I really looove hangtime! Also, there is some great airtime in the back, better than I expected. Of course, the ride is butter smooth and the trains are as comfy as they can get - like every Mack Mega Coaster. The theming was very well done. I absolutely love complete experiences, and Operation Enterprise is a great example of that.

Final Score: 8,5/10

I would rank Star Trek: Operation Enterprise just outside of my top 10. I still prefer Blue Fire, Helix and Alpina Blitz over this one. Overall, it's a fantastic ride and the addition this park really needed!

Here are some pictures that I took.

DSC_0427.JPG
Welcome to Movie Park Germany!

DSC_0432.JPG
What an impressive view when you enter the park.

DSC_0429.JPG
The park's skyline will never look the same, and that is a good thing.

DSC_0470.JPG
Great hangtime here.

DSC_0448.JPG
What a beautiful mess of track.

DSC_0434.JPG
Launching towards another galaxy.

DSC_0522.JPG
Just rollin' around.

DSC_0443.JPG
Definitely the best coaster in the park.

DSC_0507.JPG
Who doesn't love some gorgeous Mack curves?

DSC_0440.JPG
Plunging towards planet Earth.

DSC_0466.JPG
You can get real close and personal with Operation Enterprise.

DSC_0532.JPG
Let's have a look around the Federation Plaza.

DSC_0537.JPG
Sign of the Starfleet Academy.

DSC_0538.JPG
Trainingsmission: Operation Enterprise.

DSC_0535.JPG
The entrance to the Academy.

DSC_0536.JPG
For obvious reasons, the Federation Center is located in the center of the Federation Plaza.

DSC_0540.JPG
Lots of Star Trek merchandise.

DSC_0544.JPG
Another look at the Recruitment Center.

DSC_0457.JPG
Who doesn't like some more pictures of the fantastic Star Trek: Operation Enterprise?

DSC_0512.JPG
This is probably my favourite part of the ride.

DSC_102.jpg
Some random people completing their Training Mission.

DSC_0479.JPG
Twisty!

DSC_0481.JPG
Don't scream too hard, mate.

DSC_0477.JPG
I can ride it all day long.

DSC_101.jpg
It is such a beauty.

DSC_0498.JPG
Seriously, this vertical spike is insane!

DSC_0483.JPG
Even more hangtime!

DSC_0508.JPG
It's such an impressive coaster to look at.

DSC_0517.JPG
Airtime!

DSC_0518.JPG
This ride is just awesome.

DSC_0528.JPG
Flying high on Operation Enterprise.

DSC_100.jpg
One last look at Star Trek: Operation Enterprise.

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by JordyC on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:05 pm.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Phantasialand Wintertraum || Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:20 am

Wow! Thanks for the report. Mack has been on quite a roll lately, and I'm looking forward to riding this. It has changed the park's skyline for the better.

Postby JordyC » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:10 am

cfc wrote:Wow! Thanks for the report. Mack has been on quite a roll lately, and I'm looking forward to riding this. It has changed the park's skyline for the better.

You're welcome. Exactly! Mack is one of my favourite manufacturers, and this new coaster confirms that once again. Operation Enterprise really does change the park's skyline. And hopefully, it will also help the park to get the gate figures, because this place really deserves it!
Quality Over Quantity

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Dombot » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:37 pm

Nice report! Were you able to check out the rest of the park? From what I've seen, Van Helsing's Factory and the Nick area look really well done. :)
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:56 pm

JordyC wrote:I can ride it all day long.

If I had a dollar for every time . . .

--------------------------------------

But, in all seriousness. . . Thanks for the review of the new coaster. It looks beautiful, and you got some great shots!! Thanks for sharing!! :)
Bigger is not always better.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Condor » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:39 pm

First of all, great review and photos! But I'm going offer a dissenting opinion. I visited Movie Park for the first time this August and I honestly thought Star Trek was the tamest, weakest, most disappointing new coaster of this scale since Dorney Park's Hydra. I'll agree with JordyC that back row on the back spike and first hill are the two best parts. After that I felt the train simply traveled too slowly for anything else in the layout to deliver. This new trend of slow, forward-backward launches really bothers me as it negates the whole point of a launch to begin with: sudden acceleration. The whole middle portion from the reverse flying snake dive to the cammelbacks felt awkward with no significant positive forces or airtime. I wasn't impressed with the theming or Federation Plaza either. I applaud Movie Park for trying and I realize this was done on less than a Europa/Phantasialand budget, but all of it felt extremely cheap.

Movie Park has a few good rides like Van Helsing, High Fall, and the best standard Frisbee I've seen, but I just don't understand what some of its fans see in the place. I went to 10 parks across Germany and The Netherlands on this trip and Movie Park is the only one I don't think I'll ever go back to. At least when it comes to Star Trek, most people seem to like it. I thought Blue Fire was not just slightly better, but significantly. If I gave that coaster an 8/10 I might give Star Trek a 6.

Postby JordyC » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:26 am

Dombot wrote:Nice report! Were you able to check out the rest of the park? From what I've seen, Van Helsing's Factory and the Nick area look really well done. :)

Thanks! And yes, I was indeed. It wasn't my first time at this park, so I already experienced all the other rides during my previous visits. Because the park was very busy, I wasn't able to do everything that day, but I still did all the major rides and attractions.

Van Helsing's Factory is a very good coaster with fantastic theming. It is my second favourite ride at the park, after Operation Enterprise of course. And Nick Land is a very nicely themed family area, with some enjoyable family attractions.

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
JordyC wrote:I can ride it all day long.

If I had a dollar for every time . . .

:nina:

Then just don't ride Bandit, because you would give money for not have to ride it again. ;)

DoinItForTheFame wrote:But, in all seriousness. . . Thanks for the review of the new coaster. It looks beautiful, and you got some great shots!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Thank you for the kind words!

Condor wrote:First of all, great review and photos! But I'm going offer a dissenting opinion. I visited Movie Park for the first time this August and I honestly thought Star Trek was the tamest, weakest, most disappointing new coaster of this scale since Dorney Park's Hydra. I'll agree with JordyC that back row on the back spike and first hill are the two best parts. After that I felt the train simply traveled too slowly for anything else in the layout to deliver. This new trend of slow, forward-backward launches really bothers me as it negates the whole point of a launch to begin with: sudden acceleration. The whole middle portion from the reverse flying snake dive to the cammelbacks felt awkward with no significant positive forces or airtime. I wasn't impressed with the theming or Federation Plaza either. I applaud Movie Park for trying and I realize this was done on less than a Europa/Phantasialand budget, but all of it felt extremely cheap.

Thanks! You are right about the fact that it is not the most forceful coaster out there. But I don't rate coasters only in terms of intensity. I look at the complete package, the overall experience. And in my opinion, that is exactly what this ride does very well. The theming isn't up there with Europa, Disney or Phantasialand, but I would not call it cheap by any means. I mean, you have got 3 (!) pre-shows before you even enter the station. And actually, I really like these multiple launches. The backwards launch up the vertical spike is amazing! And I agree with you that it is rather slow in some places, but that will make sure you get the awesome hangtime in the inversions, which I really like.

Condor wrote:Movie Park has a few good rides like Van Helsing, High Fall, and the best standard Frisbee I've seen, but I just don't understand what some of its fans see in the place. I went to 10 parks across Germany and The Netherlands on this trip and Movie Park is the only one I don't think I'll ever go back to. At least when it comes to Star Trek, most people seem to like it. I thought Blue Fire was not just slightly better, but significantly. If I gave that coaster an 8/10 I might give Star Trek a 6.

I have heard some very different reviews from Movie Park Germany. Some seems to like it, others don't. I think it is a good, solid park. It is nowhere near my favourite theme parks, but it is still a park I would like to visit every 1-2 years or so. And now even more with Operation Enterprise! They have an awesome indoor coaster, one of the best Gyro Drop Towers, a fantastic stunt show and some great water rides, and all of them are fantastic overall experiences. But after all, everyone has their own opinion. And that is what makes it all very interesting! For example, I would give Blue Fire a 9,5/10. ;)
Quality Over Quantity

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Max0815 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:38 am

The coaster has won the Worldofparks-Award 2017
STOP.JPG

Postby JordyC » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:31 am

^That is great to hear! I can definitely see why it was voted the "Best Novelty in a European Theme Park".
Last edited by JordyC on Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:34 am.
Quality Over Quantity

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!