Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Attractiepark Slagharen - September
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Postby JordyC » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:50 am

^Thanks!

If it has been 10 years since your last visit, you will be amazed by how much the park has changed. Not only the two new areas, but there has been so much development over the past years. Like you said, you will hardly recognize this park.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

Postby JordyC » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Legendia (Lech Coaster) - August 2018

Hello everyone!

From August 7th to August 8th 2018, I went for my first ever time to Poland to visit Legendia and Energylandia. I spent the first part of the first day at Legendia, and the second part of that first day and the entire second day at Energylandia.

On August 7th, I visited Legendia. As probably most of you, I had never heard of this park before Lech Coaster, the new-for-2017 coaster by Vekoma. Since that coaster looks absolutely amazing, I just had to stop by and visit this park in Chorzów, on my way to Energylandia.

In the middle of the park, there is a huge lake where all the rides are situated around. I was very much surprised with the numerous rides available at the park. There must be at least 15 different flat rides. They also have a lot of game arenas and quite a few playgrounds for the kids. The park itself is very unique, to say the least. The back side of the park (except for Lech Coaster) had more of a fairground feel. You can clearly see that the newer rides at the park are more permanent and much better themed than the older ones. This makes it feel like an actual theme park, and less like a funfair. I am not a massive fan of flat rides, but nonetheless I really enjoyed my time at the park, enjoying all the other rides. This main reason for visiting Legendia is obviously Lech Coaster. Besides Lech Coaster and the numerous flat rides, the park has more to offer: it is home to a soaking wet water ride, three other coasters and an excellent brand new trackless dark ride, Bazyliszek.

The weather that day was absolutely perfect; beautiful sunshine all day long. Because of this, the queue time for the water ride was around 60 minutes from the afternoon (luckily I rode it before it was busy). Most of the other rides had at most a 20-minute wait. Bazyliszek and Lech Coaster, the two best rides at the park, were a walk-on all day.

DSC_0473.JPG
Welcome to Legendia!

DSC_0475.JPG
The park's main street looks great.

DSC_0477.JPG
As soon as you enter the park, you are greeted by Lech Coaster on the other side of the lake.

DSC_0486.JPG
Magical Postal Service is the park's antique car ride.

DSC_0848.JPG
I always enjoy these rides. They are so relaxing.

DSC_0849.JPG
It is one of the better themed attractions in the park.

DSC_0491.JPG
Legendia has a pirate ship called Magical Lake Expedition. The theme is that if you feed the mermaids, they will rock the boat. I wonder who came up with that idea..

DSC_0493.JPG
The park is also home to lots of kids and family rides.

DSC_0509.JPG
As well as some classic fair ground rides.

Scary Toys Factory (2/10)
It is one of two Zyklon / Galaxy coasters at the park. Scary Toys Factory being the larger one of the two. These rides just aren't enjoyable for me. It was rough on the brakes and at the bottom of the drops. There is one solid pop of airtime on the first drop, but the rest of the ride has no airtime whatsover. It has a little bit of theming around the ride, so I'll give it that.

DSC_0513.JPG
Scary Toys Factory is one of two Zyklon / Galaxy coasters at the park.

DSC_0514.JPG
As the name of the ride suggests, it is themed to a factory that produces scary toys.

DSC_0497.JPG
The ride itself was pretty rough, especially on the brakes.

DSC_0507.JPG
The drop did give a solid pop of airtime, though.

DSC_0530.JPG
A giant slide is always a good idea.

DSC_0531.JPG
Another kids ride.

DSC_0544.JPG
I can handle flat rides, as long as they don't spin too much. So I rode Skyflyer and it was a fun ride, nothing too special. The best part is when you hang upside down for ten seconds or so.

DSC_0547.JPG
Legendia has at least 15 different flat rides to offer.

Tornado (3/10)
Tornado was my first coaster manufactured by Soquet, so I didn't really know what to expect from it. First of all, the trains and especially the restraints are horrible. You have to cross your arms and hold on tight to the restraints. This is the only way to avoid any sort of injuries. Okay, maybe I am a bit exaggerating, but the ride isn't smooth at all and the restraints make it even worse. The two vertical loops have some pretty good forces, but that's pretty much it, the rest of the ride is pretty forgettable and forceless. After the double loops, there is an airtime hill that gives no airtime at all. What follows are a couple of banked turns that are very shaky and don't have any forces. Tornado also has no theming at all.

What is special about this coaster, though, is that the seats from the last car are facing towards each other. Two riders travel forwards, the other two backwards while looking at each other. To my surprise, it was better backwards than it was facing forwards. Mainly because doing those two vertical loops backwards give you a very weird (in a good way) sensation.

DSC_0550.JPG
Tornado was the first coaster I did that was manufactured by Soquet.

DSC_0541.JPG
The two vertical loops provide good G's, but the rest of the ride is pretty forceless.

DSC_0540.JPG
The train has two seats in the last car that are facing backwards.

DSC_0586.JPG
The best way to ride Tornado is to cross your arms and hold on tight to the restraints, like the guys in front.

DSC_0592.JPG
The turns at the end of the ride are rather shaky and don't have any forces.

DSC_0562.JPG
Doing the double loops backwards was pretty fun, though.

DSC_0597.JPG
The newer rides and food stalls all looked great.

DSC_0614.JPG
There is a new ride coming to Legendia in 2020. My guess? A rapids ride.

DSC_0768.JPG
Dragon Wrestling Tournament (who comes up with these names??) is an excellent example of a flat ride that would be too much for me.

DSC_0822.JPG
The park has some very loosely themed areas, like Magical Mountains.

DSC_0788.JPG
Diamond River is the park's only water ride.

DSC_0772.JPG
Because the weather was gorgeous, it also had the longest line in the park.

DSC_0779.JPG
Diamond River has two drops. The first smaller drop gives you just a small sprinkle, but it is the second drop that will get you soaked.

DSC_0781.JPG
Big skloosh!

DSC_0789.JPG
Dragon Temple is fairly well themed ride, that gives lots of airtime.

Dream Hunters Society (1.5/10)
Dream Hunters Society is the other Zyklon / Galaxy coaster at the park. This is the smaller version. Just like the other one, it was rough on the trim brakes and the drops, but also on the corners. There wasn't any airtime, because the ride was trimmed very hard. It has a bit of theming, though. It's just not my kind of ride.

DSC_0819.JPG
Dream Hunters Society was next.

DSC_0795.JPG
It is the smaller Zyklon / Galaxy coaster at the park.

DSC_0820.JPG
The ride had a bit of theming, although very minimal.

DSC_0818.JPG
The ride could have had more airtime, if it wasn't trimmed before each drop.

DSC_0823.JPG
Legendia also has an enterprise, named Phoenix.

DSC_0824.JPG
Dreamflight Airlines gave a really long ride cycle, probably around 5 minutes.

DSC_0825.JPG
They also have a wave swinger.

DSC_0827.JPG
The park's giant ferris wheel.

DSC_0828.JPG
The newest attraction at the park is Bazyliszek, a trackless interactive dark ride.

DSC_0832.JPG
The new area is completely indoors and is also home to a playground and a quick service restaurant.

DSC_0830.JPG
Bazyliszek is an excellent dark ride. It is a bit like Maus au Chocolat at Phantasialand, where you stop at different screens to shoot at targets. At PHL you go from screen to screen, while with Bazyliszek you go from an interactive screen to a themed scene, and then again to an interactive screen, and so on. It is a perfect mix between the two.

DSC_0857.JPG
The queue line and the ride itself are very well themed. There are so many details.

DSC_0858.JPG
I really liked Bazyliszek. It is one of my new favorite interactive dark rides.

DSC_0833.JPG
Legendia has also a classic Tea Cup ride.

DSC_0835.JPG
A ride themed to a ballroom? Why not!

DSC_0841.JPG
I would have liked to do these looping bikes, but there wasn't anyone there.

DSC_0842.JPG
Throughout the park, there are lots of different playgrounds for the kids.

DSC_0844.JPG
You can even have a train ride around the circus.

DSC_0854.JPG
Normally, I wouldn't even attempt riding a flat ride like this. But I had never seen anything like this before, so I just had to ride it. The gondolas flip you upside down, but in a gentle way. The ride looks a lot more intense than it actually is. So I actually really enjoyed it.

DSC_0853.JPG
Circus Hoppala is a very unique ride, that I really enjoyed.

DSC_0869.JPG
Speaking of unique rides, here is another one. I didn't ride this one, though.

DSC_0865.JPG
These barrels flip you upside down whilst going around. It is a ton of fun.

Lech Coaster (9.5/10)
The main reason for visiting Legendia was because of Lech Coaster. I really love the new route that Vekoma is making. Their newest coaster designs are very creative and all look stunning. So the real question is: Do they only look amazing, or is the ride itself also amazing? Guess what, it definitely is! Lech Coaster is fantastic from start to finish. Not only is the coaster itself superb, but so is the theming. It even has a pre-show!

The ride starts when you make a right turn out of the station into a little dip that leads to the lift hill. When you crest the top of the lift hill, you are about to expierence one of the best drops on any coaster ever. The Expedition GeForce-like twist on the drop violently whips you out of your seat. You will stay out of your seat the whole way down. After some high G's on the bottom of the drop, you enter the first of three inversions. The Reverse Sidewinder has very strong positive forces, even when you are upside down. What follows is the first of many ejector twisted airtime hills. Before you know, you are again experiencing high G's on the left turn towards the only floater airtime hill on the ride. Next, you are twisting over the station into the second inversion, that provides some excellent hangtime. The overbanked turn that follows is probably the only moment where you can catch a breath. From this point on, Lech Coaster really gets bonkers. You enter a very thight right turn with - again - very high G's, before travelling over another ejector twisted airtime hill. Next, you enter a fast paced corkscrew that has a proper whip to it, whereafter there are some more very strong forces on the tight left turn going in another ejector twisted airtime hill. The tight left-turning helix that follows is probably the most intense part of the ride. It caused me to grey out every single time. To end the ride, you go through yet another awesome twisted airtime hill, before making a right turn into an ejector hill that leads into the brake run.

Lech Coaster is way more intense than I expected it to be. It is also a very aggressive ride; it really whips you over on the drop and the twisted airtime hills. The second part of the ride is even more insane! Genuinely, every element follows so quickly on the pevious one. You don't know where you are going. Lech Coaster is also very, very smooth. The trains do have the vest restraints on them, but they aren't really thight on your shoulders. Overall, Lech Coaster is truly one of the best coasters I have ever ridden.

DSC_0624.JPG
The moment you have all been waiting for - Lech Coaster!

DSC_0732.JPG
The theming around the and in the queue line is very well done.

DSC_0733.JPG
Lech Coaster was way better themed than I would have thought.

DSC_0520.JPG
Not only does it look amazing, the ride itself is fantastic too!

DSC_0629.JPG
You start your ride with climbing the rather steep lift hill.

DSC_0812.JPG
The first drop has an Expedition GeForce-like twist that violently whips you out of your seat.

DSC_0713.JPG
It is one of the best drops on any coaster.

DSC_0670.JPG
The first inversion has very strong positive forces throughout the entire element, even when you are upside down.

DSC_0657.JPG
Before you know, you are travelling over the first of many ejector twisted airtime hills.

DSC_0650.JPG
Every turn provides excellent forces.

DSC_0680.JPG
After the left turn, you experience the only floater airtime hill on the ride.

DSC_0658.JPG
The inversion over the station is fast paced, and provides excellent hangtime.

DSC_0736.JPG
Twisting over the station really is something else.

DSC_0730.JPG
The overbanked turn halfway through the ride is the only moment where you can catch a breath, before the craziest part of the ride begins.

DSC_0699.JPG
After another high G turn, you travel over an ejector airtime hill.

DSC_0716.JPG
The last inversion of the ride is a rather whippy corkscrew that is taken at a rapid pace.

DSC_0647.JPG
After some more strong forces on a tight turn, you are send into the air on another ejector hill.

DSC_0690.JPG
The tight left-turning helix caused me to grey out every single time.

DSC_0701.JPG
Still seeing grey, you are going through one last ejector twisted airtime hill.

DSC_0681.JPG
The ride ends with a right turn into a hill that leads into the brake run.

DSC_0615.JPG
It whips you over the drop and that turn really shoots you up out of your seat.

DSC_0694.JPG
Lech Coaster is one of the best coasters I have done.

DSC_0642.JPG
Lech Coaster is fantastic from start to finish.

DSC_0666.JPG
The moment when the high intensity helix begins.

DSC_0776.JPG
It is very impressive to look at.

DSC_0685.JPG
The second part of the ride is even crazier than the first half.

DSC_0637.JPG
The trains look amazing, too!

DSC_0722.JPG
This ride has more airtime than 90% of the coasters out there.

DSC_0696.JPG
The inversion going through the station is probably the most iconic part of the ride.

DSC_0725.JPG
Twisty!

DSC_0756.JPG
The theming on this ride is great. It really looks amazing.

DSC_0478.JPG
One last photo of Lech Coaster to end this report.

So overall, I had a good time at this park. The highlight of the park was clearly Lech Coaster, and the only real reason to visit this park. Unless you are really into classic flat rides, unlike me. The trackless dark ride was also a lot of fun, and definitely worth a couple of rides whilst you are there. You can spend the rest of your time marathoning Lech Coaster. (Yes, it is that good!)

Thanks for reading!
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:28 am

Thanks for report! Legendia looks like a modest park that's really upping its game. Lech Coaster looks great, as does the dark ride.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:13 am

Fantastic report! Lech Coaster looks awesome and I'd love to see one of these newer Vekoma designs make it to the US. I also didn't realize they had such a cool dark ride and one of those rare flying rocket rides.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Camden Park & Disney's Hollywood Studios- Toy Story Land

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:31 am

I think this is the first report of Lech Coaster I've ridden, so really appreciate the detail you've gone into. The layout looks really unique and exciting so I'm really happy to hear it lives up to the potential.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:52 am

Great report! Lech Coaster looks fantastic. Here's to hoping Vekoma sells more of these next-gen loopers, including the US! I know many parks that could use a ride just like Lech Coaster.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby gardyloo! » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:48 pm

Great trip report, looking forward to your review of Hyperion. Haven't heard much about it since it opened.

And more of these Vekoma loopers please! The price tag for these things are quite low, so I'm hoping these will be the next in the line up for 'amazing rides that needs to be cloned'.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:24 pm

Thanks for the report, and to echo others: Lech looks impressive. It looks a bit like a mashup of Intamin's megalite and RMC's raptor. Fantastic to see Vekoma head in this direction, and hopefully we'll see more like this. The park's flats look great as well. Many of those spinning rides would make me sick too, but I'd ride them anyway (at least once).

If it's the one that used to be at Lightwater Valley, then I've ridden that Soquet coaster many times. I lived in the area when it opened (double loops was a big deal back then), and we used to marathon it as there wasn't much else in the park at the time (it was before The Ultimate arrived). It's an odd ride — almost as if someone made it in their backyard — and I seem to recall the lift hill being drawn out and noisy.

Postby JordyC » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:47 am

cfc wrote:Thanks for report! Legendia looks like a modest park that's really upping its game. Lech Coaster looks great, as does the dark ride.

You're welcome. Legendia is really taking a different road now. That is clearly visible with their latest additions, such as the newer flat rides that are all well themed, the trackless dark ride Bazyliszek and - of course - Lech Coaster.

Canobie Coaster wrote:Fantastic report! Lech Coaster looks awesome and I'd love to see one of these newer Vekoma designs make it to the US. I also didn't realize they had such a cool dark ride and one of those rare flying rocket rides.

Thanks! These newer Vekoma coasters really pack a punch for a relatively cheap price. I think Lech Coaster cost only 4.5 million euros! That is very cheap for such an awesome ride.

I knew Legendia was home to Lech Coaster and that they opened the dark ride this season, but that was pretty much all I knew from this park. I had no idea what other rides the park had to offer.

KarlaKoaster wrote:I think this is the first report of Lech Coaster I've ridden, so really appreciate the detail you've gone into. The layout looks really unique and exciting so I'm really happy to hear it lives up to the potential.

Thank you. Lech Coaster has a very exciting and aggressive layout, especially the second half. I was expecting this ride to be good, but it way better than just 'good'. It is insane. One of the craziest coaster I have done.

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Great report! Lech Coaster looks fantastic. Here's to hoping Vekoma sells more of these next-gen loopers, including the US! I know many parks that could use a ride just like Lech Coaster.

Thanks! I agree. Like I said earlier, these rides are relatively cheap. They can make any smaller park a must-visit, just like it did with Legendia.

gardyloo! wrote:Great trip report, looking forward to your review of Hyperion. Haven't heard much about it since it opened.

And more of these Vekoma loopers please! The price tag for these things are quite low, so I'm hoping these will be the next in the line up for 'amazing rides that needs to be cloned'.

Thank you. My report from Energylandia and Hyperion is coming soon. It is a huge park with a lot of rides, so it will take a bit more time to write it all out. Just be patient. ;)

Absolutely! The more of these newer Vekoma's, the better. They are fantastic rides.

Arthur_Seaton wrote:Thanks for the report, and to echo others: Lech looks impressive. It looks a bit like a mashup of Intamin's megalite and RMC's raptor. Fantastic to see Vekoma head in this direction, and hopefully we'll see more like this. The park's flats look great as well. Many of those spinning rides would make me sick too, but I'd ride them anyway (at least once).

If it's the one that used to be at Lightwater Valley, then I've ridden that Soquet coaster many times. I lived in the area when it opened (double loops was a big deal back then), and we used to marathon it as there wasn't much else in the park at the time (it was before The Ultimate arrived). It's an odd ride — almost as if someone made it in their backyard — and I seem to recall the lift hill being drawn out and noisy.

Thanks! I rode most of the larger flat rides, but the ones that spin too much would have made me sick for hours. I preferred riding Lech Coaster a few more times.

Tornado is indeed the one from Lightwater Valley and American Adventure. It certainly is an odd ride. Apart from the double loops, it doesn't really do much. The fact that you also have to hold on in the "Soquet brace position" (with your arms crossed) doesn't really help.
Quality Over Quantity

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:12 am

JordyC wrote:Tornado is indeed the one from Lightwater Valley and American Adventure. It certainly is an odd ride. Apart from the double loops, it doesn't really do much. The fact that you also have to hold on in the "Soquet brace position" (with your arms crossed) doesn't really help.

I think I moved away before it went to American Adventure but I'm not entirely sure. I do recall it was tucked away in a forest clearing at Lightwater, though. The loops were the big event as there weren't many other looping coasters in the UK at the time, but the rest of it was just meandering nonsense. Still, we'd marathon it and The Rat as there wasn't much else to do there!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!