Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Plopsa Indoor Coevorden - September
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Postby bert425 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:37 pm

this is a fantastic trip report. . love the views you got from the Safari ride. . .and Wildfire? Oh my. . would love to ride that some day!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby JordyC » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:31 pm

^Thanks! This park is located in one of the most beautiful locations I have ever seen. Combining its setting with a world-class coaster, makes this park a must visit for every enthusiast.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Plopsa Indoor Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:56 am

I really enjoyed Kolmarden a few years ago. Wildfire is easily a top-ten coaster, and the park's location is beautiful.

Postby JordyC » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:50 am

^Wildfire is definitely one of the best coasters out there. Not only because the ride itself is crazy bonkers, but also because the views are simply spectacular.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Plopsa Indoor Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands

Postby JordyC » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:44 am

Liseberg (Valkyria) - August 2018

Hello everyone!

From August 23th to August 25th 2018, I went on a trip to Sweden for my first ever visit to Gröna Lund and Kolmården, and my second visit to Liseberg. I spent the first day at Gröna Lund, the next day at Kolmården and the final day at Liseberg.

On August 25th, I visited Liseberg. Liseberg is located in the heart of Gothenburg, the second largest city in Sweden. I absolutely love city parks, and Liseberg is no different. Ever since my first visit to this park a few years ago, I fell in love with this place. It has a beautiful setting on a hill in the middle of the city and the landscaping inside the park is very nice. Liseberg really comes to life at night, though -- The atmosphere rockets to the sky and all the lights around the park really adds to this. The variety and quality of rides at Liseberg are outstanding too, easily at the top in Europe. Combine all of this together, and you have one of my favourite parks ever. Of course, the main reason for visiting Liseberg was Valkyria, their brand new B&M Dive coaster. Liseberg is also home to a solid wooden coaster, a few good water rides, one of my favourite coasters, my favourite haunted house and my new number one flat ride. That is a lot of favourites for me, all in one park!

Despite a bit of rain in the morning, the weather that day was absolutely perfect. The park was very, very busy, though. Queue times exceeding 60 minutes were not an exception. The biggest queues were for Valkyria and Helix, topping out at 80 minutes. Most of the other rides had a 30-50 minute wait. Because the park has excellent opening hours (11-23) and fantastic operations, I still managed to do all the major rides once and a few re-rides on my favourites.

DSC_0178.JPG
Welcome to Liseberg!

DSC_0189.JPG
The landscaping at this park is very beautiful.

DSC_0561.JPG
Liseberg is home to lots of very good restaurants.

DSC_0562.JPG
Let's start in the kids area.

Rabalder (2.5/10)
Rabalder is one of two junior coasters at Liseberg. For a junior coaster, this one was quite good. It has a few turns and a very small pop of airtime in the back seat on the drop. It is also quite smooth and has a bit of theming.

DSC_0566.JPG
Rabalder is the largest of the two junior coasters at Liseberg.

DSC_0582.JPG
It has a small pop of airtime in the back seat on the drop. Apart from that, nothing too special.

DSC_0563.JPG
They have a quite a few rides in this section of the park.

Stampbanan (1/10)
Stampbanan is the other, smaller junior coaster. It is very compact, and does the job for a small kids coaster. Not much more to say about it.

DSC_0585.JPG
Stampbanan is the other junior coaster at the park. It is a very compact ride.

DSC_0591.JPG
No texting while driving, please!

DSC_0308.JPG
Atmosfear is the park's massive drop tower. It is located on the top of the hillside, which makes it even taller.

DSC_0311.JPG
It is tall, it is fast, and you are dropping for a long time. The drop isn't really forceful, though. Best thing about Atmosfear are the views from the top.

Helix (10/10)
I have heard a lot of different opinions about Helix; some think it is okay, while others think it is one of the best coasters in Europe. I definitely tend towards with the latter group. This ride is stunning! I agree, it is not the most intense coaster out there nor are the launches the most powerful, but that is not what this ride is about. Unlike Intamin launchers, where the launch is a big part of the ride, these Mack launchers aren't about the launches at all. It is just there for giving the train the speed it needs, as a replacement for a lift hill. Also, Helix does so many other things that it doesn't need all of that. The ride is already fantastic during the day, but it really shines at night. The views of Gothenburg lit up as you coast the hillside is something else. I also love the music in the queue and station, as it really gets you hyped up for your ride.

Because Helix's station in located on the hillside, the ride starts with a drop out of the station straight into its first inversion - a corkscrew. In the back seat, you get a proper pop of airtime on that drop. The corkscrew gives you the first of many excellent hangtime moments. You then make a gradual turn into the first launch, or as I like to call them, speed boosts. After the train has built up speed, you travel through the next inversion with lots of hangtime. Next, you experience an awesome ejector twisted airtime hill before plunging down right next to the hillside. The most intense part of the ride, a Norwegian loop, has even more hangtime at the top and very high G's at the bottom. After flying right next to the rocks, an ejector airtime hill is followed by the craziest part of Helix. A very snappy zero-G roll that is followed by a sudden twisted airtime moment that combines an abrupt pop of air with some laterals. A forceful helix along the hillside and a highly banked turn guides you through a small tunnel into the ride's second speed boost. Helix travels up on its next inversion, an inverted top hat, where it reaches its tallest point. The hangtime here is fantastic, it seems to last forever. I have to admit, hanging there upside-down while looking over the city is quite freaky. A sharp and forceful right turn over the pathway is followed by another excellent ejector airtime hill that lasts for a good 2-3 seconds. This one provides breathtaking views of Gothenburg, even more so at night. Helix then travels up the hillside with some weaving turns, before going through its final inversion - a very slow, hangtime filled in-line twist.

To put it short, I loooove Helix. Some might say that the inversions on Helix all feel the same, with lots of hangtime. While that is indeed some sort of true, those happen to be my favourite kind of inversions. I absolutely love hangtime. Helix is by far my favourite ride at Liseberg. It is unique and, most of all, it has a bit of everything and it does it all really well. The setting of the coaster is also one of the best out there, that is what really distinguishes Helix from the rest.

DSC_0208.JPG
Just like Atmosfear, helix is located on the top of the hillside. So you have to go up two escalators to enter the rides.

DSC_0220.JPG
The ride starts with a drop out of the station straight into a corkscrew, which gives you the first of many hangtime moments.

DSC_0181.JPG
Next, you make a gradual turn into the first "speed boost".

DSC_0305.JPG
After the train has built up speed, you travel through Helix's next inversion over the escalators.

DSC_0260.JPG
Lots of hangtime, once again.

DSC_0331.JPG
A twisted airtime hill provides the first of many ejector airtime moments.

DSC_0210.JPG
You speed down the hillside, going towards the most intense part of the ride.

DSC_0203.JPG
The Norwegian loop gives very high G's at the bottom, ...

DSC_0321.JPG
..., and some more great hangtime at the top.

DSC_0240.JPG
Experiencing hangtime while looking over towards Gothenburg is simply stunning.

DSC_0552.JPG
Before you know, you fly through a very snappy zero-G roll that is followed by a sudden twisted airtime moment.

DSC_0354.JPG
These elements are by far the craziest part of Helix. It is insane.

DSC_0372.JPG
A forceful helix along the hillside and a highly banked turn guides you through a small tunnel into the ride's second launch.

DSC_0548.JPG
It is only now that Helix reaches its tallest point.

DSC_0333.JPG
The hangtime on this inverted top hat seems to last forever.

DSC_0234.JPG
A forceful turn is followed by the strongest ejector airtime hill on Helix.

DSC_0271.JPG
The ejector air lasts for a good 2-3 seconds.

DSC_0315.JPG
Experiencing airtime with Gothenburg in front of you is breathtaking.

DSC_0236.JPG
The views will get even better at night.

DSC_0283.JPG
The ride then travels up the hillside doing some weaving turns.

DSC_0289.JPG
A very slow, hangtime filled in-line twist guides the train into the brakes.

DSC_0314.JPG
Helix does a bit of everything, and that is one of the reasons why I love this ride so much.

DSC_0259.JPG
Hairtime!

DSC_0275.JPG
Twisting next to Gothia Towers.

DSC_0348.JPG
All the inversions on Helix have loads of hangtime. Those are my favourite kind of inversions!

DSC_0322.JPG
It is still one of my favourites coaster.

DSC_0550.JPG
Liseberg also has bumper cars.

Lisebergbanan (6/10)
Lisebergbanan is a bit like Jetline at Gröna Lund, but less compact and less intense. First of all, it is a very long ride. It is located on the same hill as Helix, where it does a triple helix around the screamin' swing diving down the hillside. The ride isn't forceful at all, but it does have a few good pops of airtime here and there. The best part is probably that you stay so close to the ground, so it seems like you go a lot faster than you really are. It is also quite smooth for its age. Lisebergbanan is just a great, fun family coaster.

DSC_0559.JPG
The classic Lisebergbanan was next.

DSC_0307.JPG
It is located on the same hill as Helix, so it makes for good interaction.

DSC_0352.JPG
Lisebergbanan is a very long ride. It also does a triple helix around the park's screamin' swing.

DSC_0343.JPG
The ride isn't that forceful, but it does have a few unexpected pops of airtime.

DSC_0374.JPG
It is a very fun family coaster.

DSC_0325.JPG
Uppswinget is also located on a hillside. When you swing up, you're looking straight down towards the ground. It is awesome. It is my second favourite flat ride at Liseberg.

DSC_0404.JPG
There also lots of classic rides.

DSC_0389.JPG
This park is so beautiful.

DSC_0410.JPG
Aerospin was next.

DSC_0407.JPG
These rides are always fun. I couldn't get this one spinning that much, though. I think I only got 10 spins.

DSC_0422.JPG
The park's wave swinger doing its thing.

DSC_0419.JPG
Flume Ride is a classic log flume that runs along the hillside.

DSC_0435.JPG
I got pretty wet, mainly because of the wall that's next to the splash. That is some evil business, Liseberg!

DSC_0443.JPG
Liseberg has an excellent variety of rides for everyone.

DSC_0444.JPG
Some more flat rides.

DSC_0481.JPG
Next up was Mechanica.

DSC_0472.JPG
It is a very fun, well themed ride. It is also not too intense. I enjoyed Mechanica.

DSC_0594.JPG
A few Scandinavian houses next to the water.

DSC_0595.JPG
You wouldn't say this park is located in the middle of a city, would you?

DSC_0596.JPG
You can even take dance classes at Liseberg.

DSC_0598.JPG
Hotel Gasten is still one of my favourites at this park. I really love it. Also, it is now included in your wristband, which makes it even better.

DSC_0601.JPG
The park's rapids ride is just okay. Not the best one I have done, but not the worst one either.

Balder (7.5/10)
I remembered Balder to be a crazy intense airtime machine, and one of my favourite coasters. After my first ride, I was a bit underwhelmed. Maybe I just had a bad ride on it? Sad to say, that wasn't the case, because I felt the same on all 3 rides I had on it. I don't know what it was, but Balder was running significantly slower than it used to do. It was crawling through the turns. The airtime was still very good, all ejector, but it felt a lot less violent than two years ago. Balder's first drop is still one of my favourite's, and experiencing ejector airtime while flying through those tunnels is fantastic. It has a pretty basic layout, though. It's always just two airtime hills and a turn, two airtime hills and a turn. Since Balder was running slower, it felt a bit repetitive. Like I said, the airtime is still very strong ejector, but not as strong as it used to be. To be fair, there is more airtime on Balder, but the air on Helix's last airtime hill is clearly stronger. It is a shame really, because Balder was hauling through those turns and airtime hills on my previous trip. I still had a ton of fun on it, though, and it's still a very good coaster.

DSC_0622.JPG
Next up, Balder. I was really looking forward to riding this again, because I remembered it to be a crazy intense airtime machine.

DSC_0634.JPG
I don't know what it was, but Balder was running significantly slower than it used to do. It was literally crawling through the turns. It is a shame, because it used to be a top-10 coaster for me.

DSC_0636.JPG
The airtime was still very good ejector, but it also felt a lot less violent than two years ago.

DSC_0628.JPG
It is still a good wooden coaster, though. Just not as good as I remembered.

DSC_0606.JPG
Some of the views are just spectacular.

DSC_0610.JPG
Loke was my next ride. I love these kind of flat rides, but Loke takes it to a whole other level.

DSC_0611.JPG
Unlike your standard frisbee rides, Loke only has a lap bar! Yes, you read that right. Just a lap bar. Swinging high up in the air while it feels like you're going to fly out when you're looking straight down is simply fantastic. It is also a very intense and long ride. There were probably about 10 max swings. All of those were outstanding -- A few seconds of sustained floater air combined with a breathtaking view. I absolutely loved Loke. It is my second favourite ride at Liseberg, and my new favourite flat ride overall!

DSC_0625.JPG
Loke also swings very close to Balder. Awesome!

Valkyria (8.5/10)
The newest ride at Liseberg is Valkyria, the new-for-2018 B&M Dive Coaster. Valkyria is clearly the best themed coaster at Liseberg, and a fantastic overall experience. The coaster itself is different from your typical dive coaster. Valkyria offers a full layout that doesn't only focus on the first drop, but actually feels like a complete coaster. It is a very good ride, but what really makes this coaster, is the excellent theming throughout the queue and the station.

The ride begins when you start your climb on the rather steep lift hill. Once at the top, you make a right turn into the signature holding brake before the first drop. The views you get from the park and Gothenburg from up there are outstanding. They really thought about this ride's placement. After a few seconds, you drop straight down into a tight underground tunnel that is filled with smoke. Despite the vest restraints, you are still out of your seat the whole way down. Not as much as you would with the "normal" restraints, like on Baron 1898. After some high G's at the bottom of the drop, you travel up a massive Immelmann that gives a bit of hangtime at the top. Then you dive back down over the pathways and the river, whereafter you go through an overbanked turn underneath the lift hill that provides some good forces. A zero-G roll that gives perfect weightlessness is followed by an upwards right turn that is actually pretty forceful. After a small pop of airtime, you make a gradual left turn into Valkyria's final and best inversion, a slow turning heartline roll. This inversion gives excellent hangtime and a head chopper with the supports underneath you. A right turn over the river guides the train into the brake run.

Valkyria is full of near-miss elements, like the tunnel, the overbanked turn under the lift hill and the final inversion. This really adds to the ride. Like all dive coasters, the drop is better in the back, but the views are better in the front. Apart from the first drop, the vest restraints didn't affect the ride at all. No surprise, but Valkyria was also very smooth. In terms of other dive coasters I have done, Valkyria is my favourite one. The drop is amazing, it has a few unique elements, excellent hangtime on the final inversion and it is very well themed.

DSC_0637.JPG
Valkyria, the newest ride at Liseberg.

DSC_0648.JPG
Valkyria is clearly the best themed coaster at Liseberg. The station looks fantastic.

DSC_0619.JPG
Your ride begins when you climb to the top of the lift hill.

DSC_0526.JPG
Once at the top, you make a right turn into the signature holding brake before the first drop.

DSC_0516.JPG
Hanging there, between the track.

DSC_0532.JPG
The views you get from from up there are outstanding.

DSC_0414.JPG
After a taking in the views, you drop down into a tight tunnel.

DSC_0509.JPG
You are out of your seat the whole way down. Not as much as you would with the normal restraints, but still floaty.

DSC_0642.JPG
After flying through the tunnel, you travel up a massive Immelmann that gives a bit of hangtime at the top.

DSC_0491.JPG
Next, you dive back down over the pathways and the river.

DSC_0513.JPG
Come into my arms, Valkyria!

DSC_0521.JPG
An overbanked turn underneath the lift hill provides some good forces.

DSC_0653.JPG
On the left side of the train, the lift hill acts as en excellent near-miss element.

DSC_0492.JPG
After the overbank, you go through a zero-G roll that is rather snappy.

DSC_0464.JPG
Perfect zero-G!

DSC_0451.JPG
The upwards right turn is actually quite forceful.

DSC_0460.JPG
You get a small pop of airtime before turning left towards Valkyria's final element.

DSC_0467.JPG
This slow turning heartline roll is my favourite inversion on Valkyria.

DSC_0494.JPG
The supports act like an excellent head chopper.

DSC_0503.JPG
There is also a lot of hangtime here.

DSC_0376.JPG
The drop is amazing, it has excellent hangtime on the final inversion and it is very well themed. Valkyria is my new favourite dive coaster.

DSC_0657.JPG
One last photo of Liseberg to end this report.

So overall, I had a fantastic time at this park. The main highlights were Helix and Loke, two outstanding rides. The other highlights were Valkyria, Hotel Gasten and, just in general, being back at one of my favourite parks. Man, I love Liseberg.

Thanks for reading!
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:35 am

Fantastic report! I love all the photos of Helix. It's nice seeing that ride in the daylight since my lone visit was on such a dark and dreary day. Your thoughts match mine on that coaster. The whole package of the hangtime inversions, scattered airtime hills, and setting make it a truly memorable coaster. It's not the most intense coaster, but I can't think of many other coasters I have more fun on.

Balder was crawling through the turns on my visit last fall, but the airtime was so strong that I figured it was running its normal speed. That's crazy to think it has the potential to run even faster.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah & Alabama Splash Adventure

Postby JordyC » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:51 pm

^Thanks so much! Helix is a fantastic ride. While it's not the most intense coaster out there, it just has so much packed into that ride. I could ride that coaster all day long!

On my first visit to Liseberg two years ago, Balder was flying through the turns and airtime hills. Like I said in my report, it used to be a top-10 coaster for me just for how crazy it was. Don't get me wrong, it is still a good wooden coaster with excellent airtime, just not as good as two years ago.
Quality Over Quantity

Postby viking86 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:18 pm

Looks like we have the same opinion regarding Balder, I also thought it felt slow when I was at Liseberg two weeks before you.

Postby JordyC » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:06 am

^I remember you mentioning it in your trip report, and I also heard it from quite a few other people. To be honest, I was a bit skeptical about it. But now that I have experienced it myself, I definitely have to agree. It is running significantly slower.
Quality Over Quantity

Postby JordyC » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:32 am

De Waarbeek - September 2018

Hello everyone!

On September 8th, I did something rather unusual. I visited three parks in one day; De Waarbeek, Plopsa Indoor Coevorden and Slagharen. They are relatively close together, at most a one hour drive.

The first park of the day was De Waarbeek. De Waarbeek is located in the middle of nowhere, in Hengelo, The Netherlands. It is a small family amusement park, with loads of classic rides. About half of them are self-operated, which is quite unique. The park itself is very small, with the classic flat rides located on one side of the park, and the majority of the self-operated rides located on the other side, next to and over the park's lake. Yes, you read that right. There are weird self-operated rides over the lake. I had never seen that before, but I loved it! Despite its size, there was quite a nice atmosphere at the park. Of course, the main reason for visiting De Waarbeek was Rodelbaan, the second oldest steel coaster in the world. I have always wanted to ride this piece of history, so I was really looking forward to it.

DSC_0658.JPG
Welcome to De Waarbeek!

DSC_0772.JPG
There is a dance party going on as soon as you enter the park.

DSC_0694.JPG
A classic park wouldn't be a classic park without bumper cars.

DSC_0708.JPG
The old-timer ride is one of many self-operated rides at this park. You wait for the green light, press the button, and you're off!

DSC_0690.JPG
It takes you on a winding path through the trees, and it even has a little dark ride section.

DSC_0664.JPG
This post office is used as a show for kids, and has a fake fire at the end.

DSC_0666.JPG
How did that get here?

DSC_0668.JPG
You can ride the ducks on this, you guessed it, self-operated attraction.

DSC_0675.JPG
Who doesn't like to swing on an angry tree?

DSC_0676.JPG
The park is also home to lots of classic flat rides, like this Paratrooper. It doesn't spin that high, though.

DSC_0733.JPG
Station De Waarbeek is the station for the train ride that takes you around the park.

DSC_0683.JPG
Choo choo!

DSC_0753.JPG
It also goes through a little tunnel.

DSC_0739.JPG
The park's Ferris Wheel isn't that tall, but it gives you some nice views from the park.

DSC_0679.JPG
A vintage car carousel.

DSC_0680.JPG
The park is really compact, but still looks quite nice.

DSC_0737.JPG
The thrill rides are located on backside of the park. This ride was quite fun, although it wasn't as intense as a "normal" Twister.

DSC_0674.JPG
The Caterpillar ride, where a canopy slowly envelops each car, was more like a fast carousel. It didn't go fast at all.

DSC_0740.JPG
Swingmill is the park's version of the classic The Whip-ride. This was probably my favourite flat ride at the park.

DSC_0743.JPG
Of course, there is also a classic wave swinger.

DSC_0746.JPG
I didn't ride this one, but it seemed to have a cycle of at least 3-4 minutes.

DSC_0738.JPG
Yet another self-operated ride at De Waarbeek.

DSC_0749.JPG
Seriously, if you love classic rides, this park is the place to be. It is full of them!

DSC_0750.JPG
Despite its size, there is quite a nice atmosphere at the park.

DSC_0762.JPG
Lots of play equipment for the kids.

DSC_0756.JPG
I have seen a lot of weird rides, but this one was even new for me. It is a flying chair over the park's lake. And yes, you have to operate it yourself.

DSC_0764.JPG
You sit down in the chair, press the yellow button, whereafter the mechanism takes you about halfway up the tower. You soar backwards over the lake, whereafter the mechanism drops down again. This causes you to fly back forwards over the lake. When you come to an abrupt stop, it takes you to the tallest point, whereafter you do it all over again, but faster. This ride is so weird that I loved it.

DSC_0760.JPG
Hurray to self-operated, weird and funky rides!

DSC_0757.JPG
They have also got a nautic jet. These are always a lot of fun!

DSC_0759.JPG
Splash!

Rodelbaan (4/10)
The main attraction of the park is Rodelbaan, the second oldest steel coaster in the world that opened in 1930. The ride was surprisingly smooth and the trains (or more like cars) were also quite comfortable. The ride begins when you start your climb on the rather steep lift hill. Once at the top, a kicker wheel guides you through a right turn. Next to the lake, you go down Rodelbaan's first drop which gives a small pop of airtime in the back. You then travel up an airtime hill that looked like it could give some airtime, but it didn't. The car literally crawled over it. When you drop down again, a small roof to cover the onride photo acts like a decent head chopper. A straight section leads you up another hill, wherafter you make a gentle right turn next to the pathways. After a straight section and another right turn, you drop down underneath the bridge -- excellent head chopper -- while experiencing a small pop of airtime. An upwards hill is followed by a right turn, and the ride's finale; Two more drops. They didn't give any airtime, though. A sharp right turn, that actually has some laterals to it, guides you into Rodelbaan's sharp brakes.

While Rodelbaan is more like a good junior coaster, I still really enjoyed it. It takes you around the park (although that doesn't say much, since it's very small), and goes under and over the pathways. You can clearly see that the park is very proud of it, and they have got every reason to be so. I love these classic rides, Rodelbaan is no different. It is just a very fun, enjoyable classic coaster that we have to appreciate these days.

DSC_0709.JPG
It is time to ride Rodelbaan, one of the oldest coasters in the world.

DSC_0712.JPG
Are you ready to go FAST on Rodelbaan?

DSC_0710.JPG
Your ride starts when you go up the rather steep lift hill.

DSC_0716.JPG
A slow right turn guides you into Rodelbaan's first drop, which gives a bit of airtime.

DSC_0698.JPG
You then crawl over an airtime hill without any airtime.

DSC_0720.JPG
A random straight section leads you up another hill.

DSC_0766.JPG
A gentle turn let you enjoy the views of the park.

DSC_0751.JPG
It travels right next to the pathways, where you can get real close to the ride.

DSC_0770.JPG
After another right turn, you drop down underneath the bridge while experiencing a small pop of airtime.

DSC_0723.JPG
The ride ends with two more drops, that didn't give any airtime.

DSC_0686.JPG
Rodelbaan was also very smooth, especially for its age.

DSC_0777.JPG
Rodelbaan is such a nice and fun classic coaster.

So overall, I had a fun time at this heritage amusement park. The main highlight was clearly Rodelbaan, a great piece of roller coaster history. The other highlight were the flying chairs over the lake, which was something very unique, and I loved it. De Waarbeek is just a nice, fun family park. Definitely worth a few hours of your time if you're in the area.

Thanks for reading!
Quality Over Quantity

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!