Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 771 - Firebird Roller Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby Mike240SX » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:27 pm

RollingCoasting wrote:Aw man. I know a lot of people hate this ride but it's my favorite coaster :cry: Hopefully they won't remove it all together

You haven't been to a lot of parks (read: anywhere other than SFA) have you?
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:03 pm

I know I'm in the minority, but I really enjoyed the ride when it was at SFGAm (and B&M Stand-Ups in general). I'm visiting SFA later this month, and was looking forward to getting a spin or two on it, so this is a bit of a bummer.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Ed Farmer wrote:I know I'm in the minority, but I really enjoyed the ride when it was at SFGAm (and B&M Stand-Ups in general). I'm visiting SFA later this month, and was looking forward to getting a spin or two on it, so this is a bit of a bummer.

I really doubt this means they're closing Apocalypse next week. That tiny sign is hardly a closing announcement...
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:21 pm

it was the ONE open coaster I did not ride.

and I did Roar and Mind Eraser for goodness sakes!

yep, refused to get on it, as I had ridden Georgia Scorcher at SFoG a few days prior, and loved that, so why leave a bad taste from this POS.

so if it goes floorless? more power to em.

I was just happy that Rodeo Breakdance ran in both directions for us when we were there. Still not super forceful (even the sizzler ran a better program), but at least the operator went both directions for us (the prior cycle only went one way).
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Highridin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:23 pm

May not even be for Apocalypse. Just something to throw you off. That Grim Reaper's first stop was there last year though....muhahaha
The top 3: Twisted Timbers, El Toro, Volcano

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby HeyItsKrabs » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:00 pm

I can't be the only one expecting this to just be another Fright Fest maze teaser? We already know SF is announcing new stuff on 8/30, so I doubt SFA will break form and announce their 2019 early. Plus, last year Great Adventure's Fright Fest announcements happened on the day of the eclipse so it isn't unprecedented for it to happen earlier.

Postby Highridin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:48 pm

Nah, not FF. Can't be. They are not 'announcing' on the 16th, just telling us what's closing. I'm guessing of course.

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:26 am

According to most rumors and unconfirmed sources, Apocalypse will close on the 16th and receive floorless trains. The current trains are going to B&M for historic purposes.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Postby Highridin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:11 am

djackson wrote:According to most rumors and unconfirmed sources, Apocalypse will close on the 16th and receive floorless trains. The current trains are going to B&M for historic purposes.

Where'd you get the info on the trains?

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:36 am

A supposed employee on Reddit.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!