Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 831 - Harley Quinn Spinsanity Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:21 am

HARLEY QUINN SPINSANITY Brings Extreme Adrenaline Rush

SFAM_Harley_Quinn_BlueSky_KA_H_SMALL.jpg

UPPER MARLBORO, MD — August 29, 2019 — Six Flags America, DC’s Thrill Capital, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced its newest attraction —Harley Quinn Spinsanity —will make its debut in 2020. The oversized giant pendulum ride named after the iconic DC Super Villain Harley Quinn, promises to deliver epic high-flying excitement as it spins and swings to breathtaking heights.

“Six Flags takes pride in delivering innovative, new, groundbreaking attractions every season,” said Park President Rick Howarth. “Our thrill-seeking guests will love this next-generation ride that offers a jaw-dropping, one-of-a-kind experience. Harley Quinn Spinsanity will be the tallest, fastest and most extreme pendulum ride in all of DC, Maryland and Virginia combined.”

The towering, impressive giant disc will reach speeds up to 70 miles per hour as it whips back and forth going higher and higher while constantly spinning, giving riders an exhilarating riding experience. Members and Season Pass Holders will have the first opportunity to ride it when it opens for the 2020 season.

Harley Quinn Spinsanity highlights include:
 40 riders will be powered 15 stories in the air at speeds of 70 miles per hour;
 The ride swings back and forth while rotating counterclockwise;
 As guests swing higher and higher, they will experience a feeling of weightlessness at
147 feet in the air before plunging downward from 15 stories; and
 This is the tallest, fastest and most extreme pendulum ride in all of DC, Maryland and
Virginia

Harley Quinn Spinsanity will take her rightful villainous place across from THE JOKER’S Jinx and RIDDLE Me This in the park’s GOTHAM CITY section.

For more information on Harley Quinn Spinsanity and next season at Six Flags America, visit
https://www.sixflags.com/america/newfor2020

Six Flags America is also announcing the start of 2020 Season Passes with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year—savings up to 70% off on a 2020 Pass.

August 29 through September 2, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Combo Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Combo Season Passes include admission to Six Flags America and Hurricane Harbor and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends.

During the Flash Sale, guests who sign up for a Membership receive three free months and a Golden Ticket valid for a friend’s free admission to visit almost any day this fall. Launched last year, the Six Flags Membership program offers guests a wide range of valuable benefits such as preferred parking every visit, unlimited soft drinks, 50% off almost all food and merchandise in the park, and exclusive perks that are only available to Members. Members can also earn points for almost everything they do at the park, which can be redeemed for free food, merchandise, and special experiences.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:54 am

Oh cool! Those are great rides. Should be a hit.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:19 am

Great addition to this park for sure.
That coaster dad [335] and that coaster kiddo [212]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Copperhead Strike. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:50 am

Congratulations!! Down here at SFOT we've been enjoying Riddler Revenge for years now! Trust me, your going to love this!

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:50 am

This is easily the best new ride the park has added since 2000. Congrats!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Brashnir » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:27 pm

Among my favorite types of flat rides. Solid addition for any park that doesn't have one.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Brashnir » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:28 pm

oops, double post. my bad. please delete.

Postby alilstronger » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:17 am

So excited for this. Finally the park gets another decent addition in the flat realm.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:40 am

Outstanding addition. Looking forward to area improvements too.
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby MisterBrow » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:41 pm

The placement of the ride is going to be great too.

Do those type rides usually run during FF or HITP?
Meister Brau just wants a path from CC to SM at SFA, meal plan burrito, some shade, and a restroom back there.

2019- Macho Nacho CHECK Restroom by Super CHECK!
New wish: New trains on ME

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!