TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth Coming in 2017

Six Flags America Announces New WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth to Open in 2017

World’s most iconic Female Super Hero Namesake for Park’s Tallest New Ride!

UPPER MARLBORO, Md. — September 1, 2016 — Six Flags America, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC Entertainment, announced today a new addition to its already stellar lineup of thrilling rides and attractions. WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth, a 242-feet tall, sky-high swing ride and the tallest new attraction at the Nation’s Capital of Thrills will open in 2017.

Based on the world’s most iconic female Super Hero, WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth is an extreme swing ride that spins guests in a 98-foot circle at speeds of 40 miles per hour atop a 24-story tower. With a capacity of thirty-two riders, guests sit two across in open-air swings as they climb to the top of the tower while spinning round and round, offering a breathtaking view while soaring high above the beautiful Maryland and D.C. landscape.

“We are thrilled to announce a new experience that will take our guests to new heights at Six Flags America,” said Rick Howarth, park president. “At 242 feet tall, WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth will be the tallest structure at Six Flags America and the first to feature the most famous heroine of all time.”

WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth will join SUPERMAN Ride of Steel, Batwing and JOKER’s Jinx in offering thrilling experiences based on the world famous DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains. The colossal tower will be visible from every location in the park and will become a new iconic symbol of thrilling fun for guests of all ages.

lasso.thumb.jpg.c01d086a86eb107e764a340aa167422c.jpg

584777604_WONDERWOMANLassoofTruth1.thumb.jpg.f9f68b2f7e3c5ce23713b94f1c3a75cd.jpg

1615523088_WONDERWOMANLassoofTruth2.thumb.jpg.1bf7c6f92bea48e51e8e03cb25ca87c2.jpg

1335831442_WONDERWOMANLassoofTruth3.thumb.jpg.4dcbd0618682cea2630c77a1716e9170.jpg

2137693759_WONDERWOMANLassoofTruthArtistsRendering2017.JPG.e9295cb5da0d734749ccce349815be81.JPG

Edited by robbalvey

The guy in this form who said without breaking a promise this will be a big year for six flags broke a promise.

Uh oh, are you the first one butt hurt? Not sure how spending over $100 million in capital on rides and attractions is not a big year but whatever dude. They got a star flyer, embrace it.

It would've been cooler if we got an Endeavor, but this is still a decent addition.

So far, SFOT is the only SF park to have gotten an Endeavor ride. It looks like none of the other parks are getting one this year. Strange! Although, two other parks, SFDK an La Ronde are getting Giant Discoveries.

Personally think this is a fantastic addition and exactly what the park needed. They had absolutely nothing of height besides Superman and star flyers are really fun, scary rides. And assuming this is going in Gotham City is excellent as that's needed updating since the day they thought it was a good idea to build that path, which is hopefully where this ride will be located.

And "big" year? Really did anyone expect something *that* big from this park? An RMC would've been great but honestly who actually expected that? This park needs so many things before a new coaster, and while I might not be back for quite awhile with college started up I'm incredibly pleased with how this park has developed over the past five years or so. Great addition.

Technically is this not the biggest addition at any Six Flags park this year? Also GO BIG is the entire chains marketing slogan. Do people really think SF is going to downplay any addition, regardless of its size?

Great news for SFA. Great addition for you guys! Anyone butthurt about this I am laughing at you. Do we have any idea where it's going?

Yeah, that's what I don't know. Wouldn't be shocked if they put it where High Seas is currently located (Chesapeake). That ride has been closed all year. From that location you'll be able to see the entire park from the flyer. If they put it in Gotham, where they SHOULD put it, You'll see mostly trees from a 1/4 to a half while you are swinging, with the park on the other 1/2 to 3/4 of it.

Maybe this is a clue on its location:

-WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth will join SUPERMAN Ride of Steel, Batwing and JOKER’s Jinx in offering thrilling experiences based on the world famous DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains-

So, if they put it in Chesapeake, you'll get breathtaking views of people getting their ears smashed up on Apocalypse.

Other options include the old Sky Escaper pad or the old Ferris Wheel pad. I doubt they would use the old Escaper location. That stage is right across from it, and they like that area for Fright Fest...a lot. They Ferris Wheel pad is in the front of the park. That location would be great.

Edited by Highridin

Personally think this is a fantastic addition and exactly what the park needed. They had absolutely nothing of height besides Superman and star flyers are really fun, scary rides. And assuming this is going in Gotham City is excellent as that's needed updating since the day they thought it was a good idea to build that path, which is hopefully where this ride will be located.

And "big" year? Really did anyone expect something *that* big from this park? An RMC would've been great but honestly who actually expected that? This park needs so many things before a new coaster, and while I might not be back for quite awhile with college started up I'm incredibly pleased with how this park has developed over the past five years or so. Great addition.

Agreed. A lot of us here know that they do 3 to 5 year plans. The park has: re-themed a section, which is great; New paint and signs throughout the park; Spruced up the kids area's with new paint (that's why Boomtown and DC Super Friends would have been a ridiculous upgrade. Those two kid areas are already very good for what they are); water park has received two new attractions; and now a very much needed Sky Screamer (which will add to the character of the park). Also, there are more 'improvements' to come for next year. Now,...the park is poised for a big attraction.

The guy in this form who said without breaking a promise this will be a big year for six flags broke a promise.

Six Flags honestly shelled out a ton of money this year if you add this all together. This may be the most they've spent in years. Stop complaining...

Anyway I love this move. Hopefully they don't put it in Gotham as these are very popular Holiday in the Park rides since people like to see the lights from above and because it's a family ride (even though you should prepare to freeze your balls off). The park doesn't have any other observation style rides so this is a great move. These rides are a ton of fun.

It seems Six Flags from here on out will name every new attraction something from the DC universe unless it's a water park addition or in La Ronde. I don't really have a problem with this because I love DC. But this is a great addition for SFA. With Valleyfair also getting one next year, it's nice to see these being added to parks everywhere. I always ride them when I visit...It's kind of like a must ride along with the coasters.

Do we have any idea where it's going?

Word I'm hearing from the park is that they are still finalizing plans (would explain why we haven't seen any permits filed yet). Personally, I'd like to see them put it on the old Krypton Comet spot (between Superman and Blizzard River) (Seen as Spot 1 in the image below). Another great option would be to actually put it right where the Batmobile is now in the middle of Gotham City (Seen as Spot 2 in the image below), however, I'd imagine they'd need to move most/all of the games there to make that possible. I like this spot a lot because it lines right up with the line of sight from Main Street. Finally, I had heard talk of them removing/moving Pirates Flight for a SkyScreamer a couple years ago. If those plans didn't change, it could go there (Seen as Spot 3 in the image below). It still lines up nicely with the line of sight coming down Main Street, but I think a lot of people would complain if they put it outside of Gotham City (though to be honest, if they kept it in Gotham, wouldn't it be time to change Gotham to "DC Superhero's Adventure... Something or Other..."?)

Capture.PNG.ea26df56fdb910ffa437c2a33ca8e96e.PNG

^^I'm in full agreement with spot 1, but I'm doubtful about spot 2. If they had named it Sky Screamer like the others, I'd love to see it in spot 3. Like Bill said, that would almost guarantee it would stay open for Holiday in the Park. Branded with the superhero theme, though, I'm hoping they use the opportunity to give the back end of Gotham something new.

On that note, I really hope that if it does go in the back of Gotham that they have the sense to do something about the bland walk back there. That's gotta be one of the most brutal stretches of any Six Flags out there.