Lagoon Discussion Thread

P. 137 - TPR's Official Cannibal POV Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Shirtless Dude!

Lagoon Discussion Thread

Postby Twister II » Sat May 06, 2006 3:07 pm

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Lagoon, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

May 6th, 2006 - New thrilling coaster planned for the 2007 season (see below)
October 27th, 2006 - Specs for new Zierer coaster are revealed

February 1st, 2007 - Construction update for Wicked

September 8th, 2010 - Details on Lagoon's new family coaster

March 31, 2012 - Confirmation of a Zamperla Air Race for 2012
October 30th, 2012 - Pylons already being driven for 2014 coaster

June 17th, 2013 - Therapist asks Lagoon to change dark ride scene
August 22nd, 2013 - Zookeeper gored in the leg by a Wildebeest
November 8th, 2013 - Info on Lagoon's 2015 coaster

Sepetmber 4th, 2014 - More info released on Cannibal (2015 coaster)
Decemer 7th, 2014- Cannibal construction photos

July 2nd, 2015 - Cannibal opens

It's been rumored for a LONG time that Lagoon would be getting a new coaster! And finally it seems to be true!

http://rcdb.com/id3534.htm

In a Deseret Morning News story from April 7th 2006, park spokesman Dick Andrew confirmed a new coaster would be built for 2007 and also commented - "It will surpass anything we have."

I've heard about an X-Car type coaster, or a Half pipe. To me, a Half pipe seems very unlikely since there is one only 7 hours away.

I'll be traveling to Lagoon the weekend of June 9th, and I'll definitely be on the looking for anything!

Lagoon seems to be getting a lot better! New paint job for Jet Star II, new fountains, 4 new kiddie rides in 2 years, Spider, Lagoona Beech, etc.
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:22 pm.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby DisWiz » Sat May 06, 2006 5:27 pm

I've heard a little bit about this so far. I read that article in the paper, sadly it didn't say much besides it would be better. Although I guess that's good.

Just incase you were wonderding it's planned to go in West of Colossus (which is the parking lot) but I expect it will be themed and such. (Also heard that it will be in the area of those big blue buildings that are indoor tennis courts that aren't used I think.)

I'm just wondering since the main rumor I heard is that it was a design by Arrow but is being built by someone else (not S&S) so we'll see how that ends up.

Can't wait for my one park trip this whole year to Lagoon! /sarcasm

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Sun May 07, 2006 10:17 am

I think the Screamscape rumor was Zirier (sp?, you know the company that makes those Tivoli coasters with the long trains at SF parks) was going to build a prototype version of their launched coaster. Sounds interesting too...
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

Shirtless Dude!

Postby Twister II » Sun May 07, 2006 11:35 am

But Zierer has had no history of building a launch coaster, wouldn't you expect to see at least a little info on a new coaster prototype on their website? Plus, Zierer has only had one coaster over 100ft.

I just hope its not Zierer. :?r

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coaster1 » Sun May 07, 2006 11:53 am

Twister II wrote:But Zierer has had no history of building a launch coaster, wouldn't you expect to see at least a little info on a new coaster prototype on their website? Plus, Zierer has only had one coaster over 100ft.

And that means what? INTAMIN, Vekoma, Gerstauler, Arrow, B&M, S&S, Zamperla all had no history at large rides, launched, looping, etc at some point and they've all proven they are possible ... while at the same time finding flaws with their designs.

Just becuase a company hasn't done it, doesn't mean it will suck or be horrible. I must say B&M's first launched coaster attempt was a pretty rad invention, along with INTAMIN's newer launched rides .. sans the breakdowns.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Lagoonperson » Sun May 07, 2006 12:25 pm

This roller coaster will open in 2007. Construction will start this summer. It will be 110 feet tall and will have more than two inversions. For more information go to www.lagoonisfun.com.

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Sun May 07, 2006 3:47 pm

Wow, 2007 is already shaping up to be a good year for new rides. I may have to finally try to make it out to Utah next year from the looks of it.

I like when parks announce new rides early, it gives me time to plan a trip there!
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

More news

Postby pdon » Mon May 08, 2006 6:07 am

Yesterday I was at Lagoon and ran into one of their marketing employees out talking to the guests. I asked about the new ride fro next year and got some interesting info. I was told the new ride design was done "in house" and only the cars would be manufactured by a European company. I asked if that meant Lagoon was fabing the track and he said they were. Having met the in house engineer through my electrical business, I must admit to being a bit afraid. The marketing guy did confirm at least two barrel rolls, but the rest of the ride is top secret. Apparently a promo video was shown to all of the full time employees over the past few weeks and the few I spoke with seemed a bit underwhelmed.

Here's hoping we don't get the Bat part 2. :cry:

Shirtless Dude!

Re: More news

Postby Twister II » Mon May 08, 2006 6:13 am

pdon wrote:Here's hoping we don't get the Bat part 2. :cry:

A.K.A. an SLC :P

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Lagoonperson » Mon May 08, 2006 7:06 am

It will NOT be an SLC. It has been confirmed several times that it will be designed by Zierer and local contractors will build it. It is supposed to go from Colossus to roller coaster, opening up a new ride area. There will be no SLC in SLC. They learned their lesson after the Bat. :lolr:

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!