Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:55 am

TexasParkman wrote:^ That being the case you would not enjoy SFOT. Decent Haunted Houses and Scare zones and a nice Palace show- but it WILL be PACKED. Last year twice I had to park at the Baseball Stadium because SFOT's lot were full. if crowds are not your thing you would not feel at home.

This is not a problem if you are a Diamond or Diamond Elite member. As a DE member I will have my parking reserved for all Fright Fest park visits.

prozach626 wrote:That, and the lack of a front of the line pass for the haunted houses.

The park does have front of the line passes for all Haunted Houses.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:01 am

Sportsdude360 wrote:
TexasParkman wrote:^ That being the case you would not enjoy SFOT. Decent Haunted Houses and Scare zones and a nice Palace show- but it WILL be PACKED. Last year twice I had to park at the Baseball Stadium because SFOT's lot were full. if crowds are not your thing you would not feel at home.

This is not a problem if you are a Diamond or Diamond Elite member. As a DE member I will have my parking reserved for all Fright Fest park visits.

you don't mention that Diamond and Elite parking is at the FRONT of the parking lot. and at SFOT, you do *not* exit from the same entrance area you came into the Six Flags parking from (ie: Six Flags Drive).

-- You exit *way* at the back of the lot, or 1/2 way back - which might as well be at the back of the lot if you're parked in the front.

leaving mid-day? no problem, parking in the very front is GREAT.

if you stay until anywhere near the closing hour of the park? it will be 45-an hour SITTING IN TRAFFIC to get out of the damn lot!

and yes, speaking from experience here.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:50 am

Sportsdude360 wrote:

prozach626 wrote:That, and the lack of a front of the line pass for the haunted houses.

The park does have front of the line passes for all Haunted Houses.

Not all of us are Diamond or DE members. So parking can be an issue. Also, in the past SFOT fight fest has been bad. It’s packed and they did not change up the houses for years. Good to see there finally adding a house. Hopefully it’s better. I just prefer going to SFFT Fright fest and SeaWorld Howl O Scream (which is actually the best theme park halloween event in Texas)

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby bigboy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:03 am

I had completely forgotten that Sportsdude360 is a diamond elite member. It's been at least 2 or 3 hours since he mentioned that and all of the privileges and inside information he enjoys as a result.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:55 am

bigboy wrote:I had completely forgotten that Sportsdude360 is a diamond elite member. It's been at least 2 or 3 hours since he mentioned that and all of the privileges and inside information he enjoys as a result.

True, I harp on my DE membership quite a bit. Sorry about that. It's just that I've thoroughly enjoyed my membership so much that I hope others will join.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:59 pm

I was at the park yesterday - Friday, and today. This evening the park was slammed. You couldn't even walk around, it was so packed. Even the line for Judge Roy Scream was long. :wtf: I got my rides in this morning and early afternoon. I just had my season pass dinner & snack and headed out. Too much for me to deal with at this small park. I'm used to my home park Magic Mountain. :lover:

As a 6 Flags stock holder, it made me happy. As a "Coasternut" not so much...
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sportsdude360 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:38 pm

^ I take it you didn't check out Hell Block 6, the park's newest haunted attraction.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:49 am

Sportsdude360 wrote:^ I take it you didn't check out Hell Block 6, the park's newest haunted attraction.

You are correct. I don't go for Fright Fest, just the rides...
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:46 am

bigboy wrote:I had completely forgotten that Sportsdude360 is a diamond elite member. It's been at least 2 or 3 hours since he mentioned that and all of the privileges and inside information he enjoys as a result.

:nina: :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina: :nina:
Bigger is not always better. (And anyone who has ridden Wonder Woman knows this is true!)

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby ComeRideWithMe » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:25 am

I went Fri 28th and there was a decent crowd, but not too bad. The scare zones were seriously lacking, imo. I was told a lot of decorations/fog machines were damaged in the flood.
I've always skipped the houses because I've been told they're not very good. I upgraded to Diamond this year and asked guest services how much an all season haunted house wrist band would cost. Turns out the same as everyone else 34.99. Lame you don't get any discount with memberships. And no, I'm not gonna uograde to elite and pay an extra 10 a month for the next 12 months for a wristband.
I'll give them another try in a few weeks and see if they've upped their game by then. Wasn't impressed at all by my visit.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!