TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Keep in mind here that SFOT will be known for having the best collection of flat rides at any SF park! And 2018 could be the year they're planning to build us a new coaster! I know everyone wants an RMC T-Rex Giga or some such. But I would personally love to see us get an RMC Mega-Lite using the new Raptor track!

The Joker Will Wreak Total Mayhem in 2017 Iconic DC Comics Super-Villain Mastermind Plots to Seize the

Most Insane Coaster in the History of Six Flags Over Texas

ARLINGTON, Texas ─ September 1, 2016 ─ Six Flags Over Texas, the Thrill Capital of Texas, and Warner

Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment, announces the opening of its 13th and most maniacal roller coaster to date, an all-new free-fly coaster called, The Joker. Now home to the most roller coasters in the Southwest, Six Flags Over Texas is proud to welcome this wicked and chaotic thrill ride to reign supreme as the most dynamic coaster in the GOTHAM CITY section of the park.

“We are excited to continue our partnership with the DC brand because it resonates well with our guests, plus The Joker is undeniably one of the greatest Super-Villains of all time” said Steve Martindale, Six Flags Over Texas park president. “The unpredictability and gravity-defying somersaults on this award-winning, spinning vertical coaster is the perfect addition to our already impressive coaster line-up.”

After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, the freestyle-coaster will wreak havoc as riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey. Thrill seekers will experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane, along with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders will experience all of this chaos with no track above or below─ just the sky, ground and plenty of sinister thrills.

The unique design of The Joker features:

- Massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design;

- One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing

guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track;

- 4-D wing vehicles that seat up to 8 per vehicle with a total of 5 vehicles;

- Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head-over-heels;

- A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift; and

- Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling.

The Joker is expected to wreak total mayhem beginning in the spring of 2017, and reign supreme over the Super-Villainous roller coasters in the GOTHAM CITY section at Six Flags Over Texas.

Six Flags Over Texas is also announcing the start of 2017 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year— savings up to 70% off on a 2017 Passes! September 1 through 5, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Combo Season Pass with ever Pass purchased. Gold Combo Season Passes include admission to Six Flags Over Texas and Hurricane Harbor- Arlington, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends.

2017 Season Passes provide unlimited visits for the rest of the 2016 season (including park admission to Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®) plus all of 2017. Passholders may also purchase a Premium Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2017 All Season Sport Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Premium Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.

For more information about the 2017 season, visit https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/newfor2017

1957366192_jokerthumb.thumb.jpg.a67e6f6b361abb3330185c7951821057.jpg

1693511202_TheJokerFreeFlyCoaster2.thumb.jpg.5bad8802cb9a61c614fdc8d7ad219aa0.jpg

573889913_TheJokerFreeFlyCoaster3.thumb.jpg.ea21ec40d256d26ec189abe9377227f1.jpg

1331801317_TheJokerFreeFlyCoaster4.thumb.jpg.1f88edf5769b23893b9e1de5644f19a3.jpg

1443407643_TheJokerFreeFlyCoaster.thumb.jpg.4b8e75d7d9819afc72e08990ef5bd79e.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

I don't mind Six Flags adding these coasters to all their parks...I loved Batman at SFFT. These 4D Free Fly coasters are pretty rad. The only problem is they probably won't have these coasters ready until Summer. I don't want to be in Texas during the Summer...Too damn hot! I really wish SF would hurry up and have this coaster ready in March.

Yep, they made it where I can't complain about not getting a coaster, but it opens up other worms. But again, folks like us on these forums and also enthusiasts aren't "real" people The GP will love this...even though there's one 4 hours away. It's just a shame we have to look at 2 clones in our state, but I'll take it. Sad part is, I almost would rather have the flat rides as that's what I was expecting and kept hoping for a major coaster next year. But on the positive side, at least the investors are investing.

Well yeah whoever said sfot hadnt gotten an new fresh coaster since titan opened in 2001 or pandemonium in 2008 is right im am very glad that sfot is getting something like this though but i think i like batman the ride at sfft much more better that way the surrounding views look!

Well yeah whoever said sfot hadnt gotten an new fresh coaster since titan opened in 2001 or pandemonium in 2008 is right im am very glad that sfot is getting something like this though but i think i like batman the ride at sfft much more better that way the surrounding views look!

I enjoyed the ride at SFFT- but you don't really get the chance to look at much scenery while you're spinning.

Also- I hate where it is located. I tried riding it the first time this summer and I ended up walking all around looking for the entrance- which is nowhere near the coaster itself. It's also just there in the middle of the park. The Gotham area at SFOT is essentially fully fleshed out and an actual land now with 2016 and 2017 attractions. Is very impressive. I almost wish they'd rename Johnny Rockets to something Gotham like.

I'm fine with the attraction. Not great, but really fun ride. 3 coasters and 4 flats in Gotham with a stage and restaurant. Can't ask for much more.

We are also doing a Six Flags Themed TPR Bag-O-Crap Twitter give-away! See our Twitter feed for details on how to be entered to win this cool Six Flags stuff including a couple of those giant park "wall maps!" Continue to RT our tweets from later today to be entered for a better chance to win! Winner will be picked later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Click:

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CrSdak1VYAAlB1X.jpg

CrSda3yUAAAVJeQ.jpg

CrSdak3VMAAK2HI.jpg