TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

is it a full train?

or still that sad little 2 car thing they were running when I was there last month.

that's not a train..that's a glorified Trolley.

I don't usually ride the train but if I remember correctly it had at least 4 or 5 cars the last time I saw it running.

Answering questions from above as a local...

Acrophobia is still down for the count as of Sunday. The Six Flags Railroad is running though. I believe there are 3 cars attached to the engine (if not two - cant remember as its been a couple of weeks since I've been out there).

Visiting on a Sunday should do you a favor as the crowds are normally light but definitely hit Twisted Cyclone, Dare Devil Dive, and then Superman as those rides usually get the longest lines.

Other than that, you should be fine and no Flash Pass should be needed to enjoy your day at the park.

Twisted Cyclone the best RMC? Not even close, not even top 5, around 8 or 9.

Have you ridden Twisted Cyclone? Sure, it may not be as good as Steel Vengeance, but it's damn close.

Ride the black car back seat and I promise you the new name for this ride will be "Steel Vengeance Jr" I promise you that. Black car faster than red

and I confirmed that with a ride operator.

What about that Sunday of Labor Day weekend? That particular day is advantageous only because I wouldn't have to take a vacation day afterward to drive home (because I sure as heck am not driving six hours after a full day at the park).

The Sunday of Labor Day Weekend shouldn't be too crowded considering that the park is open the next day. Since alot of people are going to be off work, I expect the park to be unbelievable crowded on Monday. As stated above, head straight to Twisted Cyclone to get a couple of laps in, then head to either Superman or Dare Devil Dive. Since you'll reach DDD first, you might as well get that one out of the way and then head directly to Superman as these two rides get the longest lines. Good luck!

Make sure you ride the black car. There is a difference from the slower red car.

What about that Sunday of Labor Day weekend? That particular day is advantageous only because I wouldn't have to take a vacation day afterward to drive home (because I sure as heck am not driving six hours after a full day at the park).

The Sunday of Labor Day Weekend shouldn't be too crowded considering that the park is open the next day. Since alot of people are going to be off work, I expect the park to be unbelievable crowded on Monday. As stated above, head straight to Twisted Cyclone to get a couple of laps in, then head to either Superman or Dare Devil Dive. Since you'll reach DDD first, you might as well get that one out of the way and then head directly to Superman as these two rides get the longest lines. Good luck!

Make sure you ride the black car. There is a difference from the slower red car.

I have "rode it out" 58 times already with the majority of the rides in the back row. I've also ridden in both trains and I don't really notice a difference.

Six Flags Over Georgia, the Thrill Capital of the South, will launch an exciting, new high-flying attraction, Pandemonium, the tallest swinging pendulum ride in the Southeast. Swirling through the clouds at an astonishing 15 stories, this impressive giant disk will reach speeds up to 70 miles per hour, as it whips back and forth, higher and higher, giving guests an exhilarating ride experience as they soar high above the Atlanta city skyline. Pandemonium will be the centerpiece of the park’s new ScreamPunk themed area, featuring revamped food locations and shopping experiences. ScreamPunk is a special Six Flags twist on the popular Steampunk subgenre.

388306682_ScreenShot2018-08-30at4_56_49AM.thumb.png.3cb9eefc5db0977f4d7c7ffb396bf856.png

COMING IN 2019: Pandemonium Swinging Pendulum Thrill Ride

At a towering 147 feet in the air, Pandemonium reaches speeds up to 70-miles-per-hour, as it swings back and forth—higher and higher giving riders an exhilarating riding experience as they soar high above the Atlanta city skyline.

Dl1WetEUUAEaSbY.thumb.jpg.103fcf9546aebb86fa9802574dc37ad7.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

I love the Giant Discoveries, so automatically it's a fantastic addition for me. Interesting to see that they're getting the Screampunk theming out there. I actually really like the Pandemonium logo done up in that style, I think it looks way better than the Pandemonium coasters' logos. Color theme is pretty nice too.

More importantly, when the hell I am getting down to this park? I keep hearing and seeing nothing but good things about it (DDD's capacity notwithstanding), and frankly, it's been too damn long since I've been down Georgia way. I've got to put this on my must-do list for next year.

If the artist rendering is realistic I would say this is going in place of the old Thomas Town. The building shown in the art looks like the one in the old Thomas Town which I believe is still standing. If that’s the case, I have no idea what’s happening with Splashwater Falls. I guess we will know the true location soon enough.

Looks like a much needed high capacity flat ride for the park.

Based on the building shown in the concept art, I’m guessing it’s the former Thomas Town/Whistlestop Park.

EDIT: You beat me to it, SFOG1991!

Looks like a much needed high capacity flat ride for the park.

Based on the building shown in the concept art, I’m guessing it’s the former Thomas Town/Whistlestop Park.

EDIT: You beat me to it, SFOG1991!

Nevermind the building. . LOL. . the Pandemonium sign, is just a retheme of the current Whistlestop Park gate! LOL

so yeah, looks like it's going there.

061.jpg

A well-deserved, perfect fit for SFOG. The theming and color are spot on, but I think they could've worked on a better name since there are 5 other SF parks (SFOT, SFFT, SFNE, SFSTL, SFGE) with rides having the name "Pandemonium". This is the name I made up which I think would've been more fitting because of its theming. "Clockwork Chaos" <-- Nothing special but that's what I come up with from my head. Overall, cannot wait for this ride.

'

I have "rode it out" 58 times already with the majority of the rides in the back row. I've also ridden in both trains and I don't really notice a difference.

I will continue to trust my own butt and a Twisted Cyclone ride operator. On Media day all the news reporters rode the red train all day. When Theme Park Review and other

rollercaoster blogs came they were given the black car only. Check POV rider videos of red vs black car and you can see the ejector airtime difference. Very few POV rider vids on black car. I wonder why?