TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

In the latest teaser we can see people pointing upward. Look beyond the obvious? Well, the obvious would be Mr. Freeze and Pandemonium in the background intermixed with images of the Justice League building. Looking beyond all that- I see absolutely nothing.

Edit- I'm beginning to see now. Those images show us entering the park and walking up to Justice League. What's beyond Justice League? Roaring Rapids. It's possible they're planning some sort of renovation of RR.

In the latest teaser we can see people pointing upward. Look beyond the obvious? Well, the obvious would be Mr. Freeze and Pandemonium in the background intermixed with images of the Justice League building. Looking beyond all that- I see absolutely nothing.

Edit- I'm beginning to see now. Those images show us entering the park and walking up to Justice League. What's beyond Justice League? Roaring Rapids. It's possible they're planning some sort of renovation of RR.

The second teaser showed water.

I haven't heard what the 2018 addition will be, but I have heard that it's going in the space between Joker and B:TR and that power was run to that spot in conjunction with Joker construction. I've also heard that the leftover shopping center space is being shored up for another project (not a catering kitchen).

I'm only going to say this once...

Tomorrow is "Six Flags Announcements" day. We will be posting the announcement as soon as the materials are available to us.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY LINKS OR IMAGES TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE TPR DOES!

Anyone who does this will be banned forever from Theme Park Review.

Let me explain...

Posting the new ride information before we can do it actually creates MORE WORK for us as most of the time people who come on our forum and post info about a new ride will do a crappy job of it and then we have to not only do the work we are going to do to make a proper post about the new ride, but also clean up the garbage posts that people make.

No one here will get any extra points or look any "cooler" for being "first" to post the information. We aren't about being first we are about having good quality content. Please respect that. Thank you.

Any last minute guesses?

I'm thinking a sky warp as well. I'm going to be totally honest, Six Flags has me stumped this year. Every year I can have a firm guess on what each park will be getting but I'm so stumped on just about every park. I mean Six Flags America is teasing the removal of a couple rides in different areas of the park, Six Flags Over Texas is doing all this weird teasing, Six Flags Over Georgia closed cyclone but having the fidget spinner teasers makes me think of like a free spin or extreme spinner. I'm so excited for them to make the announcement tomorrow.

HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity to Debut at Six Flags Over Texas

First-of-Its-Kind Thrill Ride Coming in 2018

ARLINGTON, Texas — August 31, 2017 — Six Flags Over Texas, the Thrill Capital of Texas, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment, announces the next generation in thrill rides and the first-of-its-kind in North America—HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity. Staying true to its namesake, DC iconic Super-Villain HARLEY QUINN and inspired by the movement of a gyroscope, this ride promises to deliver a new level of thrills with unpredictable, gravity-defying flips, twists and turns.

“Once again, Six Flags is the leader in thrills with the most innovative, record-breaking rides and attractions in the industry. As the company’s flagship park, Six Flags Over Texas is home to a long list of world records and world’s firsts and we take great pride in continuing our legacy of one-of-a-kind thrills for all ages,” said Park President Steve Martindale. “HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity is sure to captivate guests with each sinister spin. This fascinating new ride will be perfectly placed with our other DC Super-Villain-themed rides, including THE JOKER, CATWOMAN Whip and THE RIDDLER Revenge in the GOTHAM CITY section of the park.”

HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity features a unique futuristic triple box design that allows the gondola to spin around three separate axes while rotating forward, backwards and sideways simultaneously at up to 70 feet in the air. Seated 24 across with over-the-shoulder harnesses, riders will experience a thrilling combination of negative and positive gravitational forces. By night, the attraction promises to light up the North Texas skies beckoning thrill seekers from near and far.

HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity highlights include:

• Unpredictable flips and pivots at heights up to seven stories (70 feet) above the ground;

• Unnerving floorless seats that leave riders’ feet dangling as they whirl through the air;

• Dazzling nighttime light display; and

• Located in the GOTHAM CITY section of the park.

HARLEY QUINN Spinsanity is expected to debut in spring of 2018.

1142263249_HarleyQuinnSpinsanityKeyArt.thumb.jpg.f55ee56e18e38db9a3765296ff55d10c.jpg

1135023989_SFOT_HarleyQuinnSpinsanity01.thumb.jpg.c5cac5f14ad841c5d190b3d733a6f796.jpg

868753747_SFOT_HarleyQuinnSpinsanity02.thumb.jpg.9c18e39f8fa44ea7b9ebd509200ebe8d.jpg

1976503033_SFOT_HarleyQuinnSpinsanity03.thumb.jpg.1866dddced22b28d745bcb11c502f75c.jpg

455187159_SFOT_HarleyQuinnSpinsanity04.thumb.jpg.2c4afd2ad4e2d6cf1d8dcbdf5c406260.jpg

803404131_SFOT_HarleyQuinnSpinsanity05.thumb.jpg.3e5acfc9b83a14f919e111baa88769be.jpg

539442500_SFOT_HarleyQuinnSpinsanity06.thumb.jpg.92e34dc7626c15dd52489e5cc7e918e0.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

I'm totally down with this addition, as I've been anxiously awaiting one of these coming Stateside for years, as I mentioned in the GAdv thread! But what leaves me gape-mouthed, and waiting for another shoe to drop, is the dumbfounding duplicated name... Like... WTF??? I'm trying to decide if they accidentally gave the name of Great America's Giant Larson Looper to this ride, and now are trying to figure out damage control, and what to do!

In all likelihood the Huss Troika will be re-themed to something different. Possibly Penguin's Silly Spin or some such. Obviously, two Harley Quinn Spinsanity's makes no sense. Although, I suppose they could call the Tourbillion Harley's Big Spinsanity while the Troika would be known as Harley's Kiddie Spin.

Anyway, an ABC Rides Tourbillion is nice! But I'm guessing they'll be passing out barf bags as guests board the ride!

Awesome addition, glad to see that plot of land getting filled up. The duplicate name is...strange, but I'm sure they'll work that out before the ride opens in one way or another.

Would be funny if The troika gets renamed Cyborg

Cyborg doesn't fit the Gotham City theme.