Theme Park Review's 2008 Asia Tour!

Epic Asia Tour Re-Cap Update! Page 87!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Ryancrash » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:49 am

A Disney park without the crowds - I love it!! I haven't seen a Disney park this empty since I had the priviledge of visiting Eurodisney in early 1992. Sure, there wasn't much there (BTM, Pirates, Phantom Manor and not much else), but it was totally a fair trade-off, getting to enjoy the short lines and the park all to ourselves. Disney ERT RAWKS!!

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:23 am

Tron...LOL!

I enjoyed seeing this Disneyland in depth. Hopefully it can add a few things like Haunted Mansion, etc... A shame about the lack of people. Still looks fun.

Hehehehe Tron.....

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:29 am

So for the most part this version of Small World looks like all the other ones...except for one change...there are now popular Disney characters scattered throughout the ride. Now I had heard all the Disney purists moan and complain about this how it "ruins It's a Small World", blah, blah, blah....

Yeah, I don't understand all the whining about this, either. (Well, based on what I know about "Disney purists," maybe I do.) I hardly see how this "demeans" the attraction, and if adding Disney characters to a DISNEY ride puts more butts in the boats, the purists should be all for it.

But, no--this belittles Walt's vision! In fact, I demand the removal of the upgraded, Dolby 5.1 version of the California ride's soundtrack in favor of the original mid-1960s' stereo version!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby tnguy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:36 am

^ I agree. I think adding the disney characters is an awesome idea. Its not like they changed the whole ride the characters just add fun little details.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby nojarama » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:10 am

cfc wrote:
So for the most part this version of Small World looks like all the other ones...except for one change...there are now popular Disney characters scattered throughout the ride. Now I had heard all the Disney purists moan and complain about this how it "ruins It's a Small World", blah, blah, blah....

Yeah, I don't understand all the whining about this, either. (Well, based on what I know about "Disney purists," maybe I do.) I hardly see how this "demeans" the attraction, and if adding Disney characters to a DISNEY ride puts more butts in the boats, the purists should be all for it.

But, no--this belittles Walt's vision! In fact, I demand the removal of the upgraded, Dolby 5.1 version of the California ride's soundtrack in favor of the original mid-1960s' stereo version!

I was mortified myself when I heard they were going to add the Disney characters to IASW. I admit that I despise the ride itself (that song makes my ears bleed still to this day). But, I adore the set design/imagineering. I think Mary Blair was a genius! Her designs still inspire me to this day. I do confess though, they did an excellent job of tying in the old & the new with teh additions. My only questions is: Did they still include the Rainforest in the HKDL version? I know they added a whole Asia section not in the US version. I hope they keep it in the DLR version, as that was my favorite section of the ride. Guess I'll find out in December when it re-opens in Anaheim.

Thanks again for a great trip report. And Kid-tum's looks precious!!! :mickey:

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby slither37 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:54 am

It is amazing, everytime I read a TR, i think to myself, now that has got to be the cutest picture of Kid Tums ever. then I read the next TR and there is a better and cuter pic.

TR is great, as always.

Is there a new rule that someone on the trip at some point has to wear an Iron Maiden tshirt?

Up the Irons!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby BelizeIt » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:31 am

I love it, Elissa eats her Hot Dogs 'Predator' style. :lmao:

Is KidTums chowing down on a worldly diet (Sushi, Unagi, and of course the occasional Chicken Head) while she Globe Trots with you?

Counselor Neil

Postby televisedconfession » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:46 am

Man that's a small castle.
Everything looked so tiny. I could eat that turkey leg in one gobble.

Well, you do know they say about asians right?
-Neil or no Deal

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/8edb82c78b6d77e5bd773746c455c1ca.jpg[/img][/url]

SWF looking for dorky overweight coaster enthusiast to sweep me off my feet.

Postby natatomic » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:38 pm

^AHAHAHAHA.

Turkey. Gobble.

I don't know if you meant that, but it cracked me up. Man, I am easy to entertain today.

Shark TV's #1 Fan

Postby ThatFalafelGirl » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:39 pm

AAAHHH!!!! TINY HATS!!! SOOOO CREEEPY!!!!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!
::runs off screaming:: :cry:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!