Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

P. 645 - Batman: The Ride Roller Coaster for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Postby WestCoasterKing » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:53 pm

That's the one down side of year round parks. You have to plan around ride maintenance closures. With seasonal parks you really only have to worry about a ride breaking down.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Fuego » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:22 pm

Sounds like a new sit down restaurant is rumored to be taking the place of the old snack bar that was just torn down! I am thinking it'll be an Ace O Clubs like the one at Magic Mountain. Harley Quinn construction starts this week according to some people at the park!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:46 am

WestCoasterKing wrote:That's the one down side of year round parks. You have to plan around ride maintenance closures. With seasonal parks you really only have to worry about a ride breaking down.

With seasonal parks, you have to plan around THE ENTIRE PARK BEING CLOSED. I'm not understanding how you think that having one or two rides closed is worse than not being able to go at all.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby WestCoasterKing » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:51 am

Planning around the entire park being closed is easy. You know when you can't go. With year round parks you have to plan carefully around ride closures. I won't visit a park if even ride I like is down. Considering I'm from out of state and making a trip is a big deal, you want everything open.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dombot » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:51 am

WestCoasterKing wrote:Planning around the entire park being closed is easy. You know when you can't go. With year round parks you have to plan carefully around ride closures. I won't visit a park if even ride I like is down. Considering I'm from out of state and making a trip is a big deal, you want everything open.

1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:14 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
WestCoasterKing wrote:That's the one down side of year round parks. You have to plan around ride maintenance closures. With seasonal parks you really only have to worry about a ride breaking down.

With seasonal parks, you have to plan around THE ENTIRE PARK BEING CLOSED. I'm not understanding how you think that having one or two rides closed is worse than not being able to go at all.

:nina:

Also, I like that there might be a new restaurant opening. They could use another indoor dining venue + something besides just snacks especially if they want to sell more Dining Passes. There are already plenty of snack bars around the park. Only bummer is I usually went to that one (if it's the one I'm thinking of) for free water and occasionally margaritas in between Joker riding. Now I'll have to walk like 200 feet further to the one by the Penguins, ooh boy (unless the restaurant can take care of those needs, + beer, then it's win-win).
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:04 pm

WestCoasterKing wrote:Planning around the entire park being closed is easy. You know when you can't go. With year round parks you have to plan carefully around ride closures. I won't visit a park if even ride I like is down. Considering I'm from out of state and making a trip is a big deal, you want everything open.

I agree with this, I went to Busch Gardens Tampa in October 2016 and got very lucky with all the rides being open. I would have been disappointed if i went and one of the Beemers were down because who knows when I'll get to go back.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Fuego » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:53 pm

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:35 am

^That's great news! Saved electric expenses, shading for parking, security cameras, electric vehicle plugs, supporting their pledges for sustainability and taking care of the environment. All a win!

Wondering how the construction is going to fare at a year-round park like ours. I bet the parking is going to be a nightmare until it's done. Also, part of me wondered what would happen if they decided to scrap that lot in favor of a parking structure and build a waterpark there or something. I guess this means we won't be seeing that happen.

I wonder if this will cost so much up front for the park that we don't see any exciting new rides added for a while, but then once the savings start coming in, we see a lot of park improvements? Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Pyrozooka0 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:33 pm

IDEK what to make of that Harley Quinn coaster TBH.
Fully on the Twisted Cyclone hype train.
Credit Count: 55 (Latest: Fury 325)
Favorite Steel: F325
Favorite Wood: GASM at SFOG

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!