TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

^I think you're imagining a really weird version of what he is imagining, I could totally see it working unless there are some earthquake or water-flow reasons that prevent them from digging down.

Also, there are never too many drop towers. The existence of other drop towers in the state does not preclude SFDK from getting one. It's all about rounding out SFDK's lineup of rides, and a drop tower is something that would fit in nicely and still be very popular.

After thinking about it and visiting KI's stellar kids area, I do think SFDK could use more family rides, something between the small kids rides and the big thrill rides.

Definitely picturing it differently than me. And I also believe every park needs a drop tower.

Finally got to the park to ride Joker today. Been a busy summer and just didnt make it out until now somehow. Anyway..... I like it. Rode in the first row on the first train of the day, then in row 10 around 3pm. Second ride was much better. Felt faster and way more forceful. I like Colossus better, but Joker is easily the best coaster in Vallejo now, and I'd say all of NorCal too.

Park was really busy today. Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but Kong is closed for the "upgrades.". Penguin was closed all day too, as was VooDoo, but everything else I saw was open. Only stayed until about 4 as the crowds were too much for me. Took an hour to get food at Macho Nacho.

Wild New WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth Ride Attraction Set to Open at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in 2017

VALLEJO, Calif. — September 1, 2016 —Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, the Thrill Capital of Northern California, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced its newest ride attraction, WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth, to open in Spring 2017.

“It is our intention to open new, innovative attractions every season,” said Don McCoy, park president. “Wonder Woman is an iconic Super Hero and this character and thrill ride will add greatly to our line-up of DC themed attractions.”

WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth is an oversized pendulum shaped ride that will send guests on a dizzying journey in this thrilling and extreme attraction. WONDER WOMAN, the most iconic female Super Hero, is the embodiment of justice, equality and peace; she is the symbol of female empowerment, as she seeks to fight evil at every turn.

Some ride highlights include:

- 40 riders will propel at speeds of nearly 70 miles per hour;

- The ride swings back and forth while rotating counterclockwise; and

- As guests swing higher and higher, they will experience a feeling of weightlessness at

147 feet in the air.

WONDER WOMAN Lasso of Truth will be located near two of the park’s newest attractions, Superman Ultimate Flight and The Joker, which opened earlier this year.

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is also announcing the start of 2017 Season Pass sales with its Third Annual Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the lowest prices of the year – savings up to 70% off on 2017 Passes! September 1-5, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends.

2017 Season Passes provide unlimited visits any operating day for the rest of 2016, including park admission to Fright Fest®, Holiday in the Park® and all of 2017.

Passholders may also purchase a Premium Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2017 All Season Sport Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Premium Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.

Please visit https://www.sixflags.com/discoverykingdom/newfor2017 for more information.

Edited by robbalvey

I think this is going to be a wonder addition to the line-up that SFDK has. I'm just trying to figure out where they're going to put it. The only place I can see it going logically is right where the go-karts are. Since this swings 150 ft in the air, it's gonna have to be placed somewhere up front. Because there's no way that it's fitting between joker and superman.

Looks like a great addition! Hopefully I can FINALLY make it up to SFDK next year after living in SoCal my whole life and never visiting the northern parks.

While there is only one new custom coaster between both chains, I am pleased to see that something is coming to EVERY park, with a big chunk of those being much-needed flat rides.

Probably the best flat ride a park could get. I love these things! Great addition for SFDK. But the one in Montreal is closer to me. And the one in SFOT is even closer. So, I won't be traveling back to SFDK anytime soon for this. But the locals there are going to love it!

Great addition. Though seriously, where is this going? I always thought when they took out the go kart track, it would be for the S&S Free Spin Batman (especially since there are now 2 Batman villain rides). Wonder what is getting removed to fit this in.

These Giant Discovery pendulum rides are probably my favorite flat rides and I'm very happy to see SFDK get one. It's a little bit of an odd choice though considering how similar the ride is to Tazmanian Devil. I wonder if Taz is on it's last legs and will be removed in the future? Either way, it's great to see the park get such a big addition after getting Joker last year.

Edited by VegasBaby

Wow. I'm so surprised (in a good way) that the park is getting another great thrill addition after The Joker. Like others I'm curious where this might go. I gotta think that this is going somewhere in the Joker, Superman, Penguin area to keep up with the theme (and to balance out the heroes to villains ratio). Great addition!

I think it's going at the very front of the park, on the other side of Superman. It looks like they'll use the space that's already been cleared.

I was just at the park last weekend. There is no space already cleared that will fit something like this. Are you talking about kind of between Superman and Joker, because I really don't think that area is big enough for this.