TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

V2 is the 4th best coaster at the park as of now. Although, I suppose any replacement would still end up being the 4th best coaster at the park. Just hoping they would be able to somehow add a free-spin while also keeping V2. Or maybe there won't be a free-spin at all. I'm not sure where this rumor is coming from.

My memory from previous ride announcements is hazy, how much teasing did they do prior to the other recent coaster and ride additions?

I'd definitely rather they replace Kong with a Free Spin. Still, I don't think that another coaster is coming to the park next year. It's only been two seasons since The Joker, and major coaster installations don't seem to happen more frequently than every 4 years. Also, if they do plan on removing V2, they probably would have had some sort of "get your last rides on V2" ad campaign already. Then again, I could be entirely wrong. I'm definitely curious as to what Thursday's announcement will be.

I was thinking the same thing. The summer is over for most people, so it seems late to be like, "By the way, V2 is going away forever." I wonder if V2 will be getting some kind of overhaul or refurbishment (New trains? "Backwards?" VR? Return of the holding brake? Retheme?). It could also be plausible that whatever they have planned for it (if the announcement has anything to do with V2) warranted them closing it down for that extended period of time to do tests, mess with the trains, or whatever else.

Captain Lee standing in front of V2 might have nothing to do with V2. Maybe they are somehow putting a ride in that little plaza area by V2, or in the back area where they usually have the Fright Fest maze.

This is what happens when I drink Monster. I'm buzzing with ideas and the announcement can't come soon enough! Anyone know what time it will be tomorrow?

I'm only going to say this once...

Tomorrow is "Six Flags Announcements" day. We will be posting the announcement as soon as the materials are available to us.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY LINKS OR IMAGES TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE TPR DOES!

Anyone who does this will be banned forever from Theme Park Review.

Let me explain...

Posting the new ride information before we can do it actually creates MORE WORK for us as most of the time people who come on our forum and post info about a new ride will do a crappy job of it and then we have to not only do the work we are going to do to make a proper post about the new ride, but also clean up the garbage posts that people make.

No one here will get any extra points or look any "cooler" for being "first" to post the information. We aren't about being first we are about having good quality content. Please respect that. Thank you.

^ I'll be just as blunt. I couldn't care less whether Six Flags cares what we think or not. I'm still going to express my opinions on their rides and whether they should be removed or not. Otherwise, why ever discuss anything pertaining to a theme park?

Most of us here are not stupid. Universal didn't care what people thought when they decided to remove Dragons, but we are here to discuss those decisions regardless.

The new 2018 pass deal is pretty great. About 150.50 for a pass that grants weekday parking admission to Water World as well as lunch, snack and dinner there along with the soda bottle. Of course all other Six Flag theme parks are included on that since it upgrades you to the premium dining pass. Oh and you don't have to buy 4 or more to get the maximum savings hooray.

Also does anyone know if this dining pass information is accurate? https://static.sixflags.com/website/files/sfdk_dining-pass-brochure.pdf

The last time I had one they had the non-panda express Chinese food place on the menu as well, did they remove it?

HARLEY QUINN Crazy Coaster to Debut at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

World’s First Dual Looping Coaster Coming in 2018

VALLEJO, Calif. — August 31, 2017 — Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, the Thrill Capital of Northern California, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced its newest thrill machine—HARLEY QUINN Crazy Coaster, set to open in spring 2018. This world’s first of its kind inverted looping coaster features continuous inversions along a vertically stacked figure eight track. The ride features multiple head-to-head high flybys at combined speeds of 70 miles per hour for the ultimate dueling adventure ride.

“Six Flags is the leader in thrills and opens new rides and attractions every year, at every park. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom will debut a world’s first of its kind coaster and it will be our first to be themed after one of the world’s most iconic female Super-Villains, HARLEY QUINN,” said Park President Don McCoy. “Located next to THE JOKER—our popular hybrid coaster, the over-the-top personality of HARLEY QUINN will be the perfect addition as the world’s most iconic Super Heroes and Super-Villains battle it out for dominance.”

HARLEY QUINN Crazy Coaster takes thrills to a whole new level, as two trains race forward and backwards then charge each other head-to-head to create a dueling riding experience that only Six Flags could deliver. The dueling trains with 32 riders seated face-to-face, race repeatedly around a 360-foot circuit of lemniscate (figure eight) track.

HARLEY QUINN Crazy Coaster highlights include:

· Riders experience up to 12 head over heels inversions;

· After the two trains travel back and forth, the ride does three forward rotations and another three in the opposite direction;

· A tantalizing “High Five” moment – when the two high speed trains pass each other at a combined speed of 70 miles per hour giving the illusion that riders can actually reach out and “high five” the other riders as they careen by.

HARLEY QUINN Crazy Coaster will be located across from THE JOKER and adjacent to SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight.

SFDK_HarleyQuinnCrazyCoaster01_11x17_600dpi.thumb.jpg.6051f7e62c635a93bd8f01d3f82c1e63.jpg

SFDK_HarleyQuinnCrazyCoaster02_11x17_600dpi.thumb.jpg.ed3b450b5cdcd987a01590c85a4561e4.jpg

SFDK_HarleyQuinnCrazyCoaster03_11x17_600dpi.thumb.jpg.a7901cf0525161afc722dab3b45651ee.jpg

SFDK_HarleyQuinnCrazyCoaster04_11x17_600dpi.thumb.jpg.4c038620055dfe6fe71604ff33c76b09.jpg

1448060535_HarleyQuinnCrazy8CoasterLogoRGB_H.thumb.png.bfe0bf1c798b6f8abcd59abd2f11bb72.png

Edited by robbalvey

And there's the Skywarp. I was wondering if the rumor was wrong watching the announcement video and then it appeared at the last park, SFDK.

I would have thought this would have been added to a park without a Larson Super Loop, but I don't think SFDK could have fit much else where this is located. You can tell from the video how shoehorned it is in there between Superman and the Go Karts.

Whoa Whoa Whoa...why is everyone loving on this ride!!?!??! This is no different from the Super Loops that everyone hated on! Oh and btw, this park ALREADY HAS A SUPER LOOP!!! AHH!!! Coaster people, come on!!!

Pretty much solely because no one has seen a Skywarp previously in an amusement park. That's my guess.

Whoa Whoa Whoa...why is everyone loving on this ride!!?!??! This is no different from the Super Loops that everyone hated on! Oh and btw, this park ALREADY HAS A SUPER LOOP!!! AHH!!! Coaster people, come on!!!

Pretty much solely because no one has seen a Skywarp previously in an amusement park. That's my guess.

I'm not really too excited by the Skywarp concept, but I'm also not hating on SFGAm's super loop - I'm actually really happy about it.

This just doesn't look like my cup of tea but I'd be willing to try it if I ever make it out to SFDK. It looks like fun but it's not the most exciting thing to me. NOW, that wing coaster super loop concept o the other hand!!

It's great to see that people like the announcement because I thought there wouldn't be much support behind it, especially at SFDK.

I really expected one of these this year, but I NEVER thought they would place one of these in a park with a Superloop already, EVER. I had figured that these would replace the Super loops completely as new additions and the other parks would just be SOL.

My reaction to this ride...

I wonder how bad the Dare Devil Chaos Coaster's ridership will suffer with this addition to the park.

Ha. The "70 mph combined speed" bit has to be one of the more misleading statistics thrown around this announcement season. In retrospect, might as well have advertised Kingda Ka as "traveling at face-melting speeds of 256 mph!...when running two trains, if one were to combine the speed of said trains."

Still have yet to ride any of these newfangled, mass-produced Larson Loopers. Did one at the Jersey State Fair about ten years ago and it was ho-hum, from what I can remember. But hey, it's a new ride, so that's cool I guess.

The other Six Flags announcements look awesome, at least.

Ha. The "70 mph combined speed" bit has to be one of the more misleading statistics thrown around this announcement season. In retrospect, might as well have advertised Kingda Ka as "traveling at face-melting speeds of 256 mph!...when running two trains, if one were to combine the speed of said trains."

Still have yet to ride any of these newfangled, mass-produced Larson Loopers. Did one at the Jersey State Fair about ten years ago and it was ho-hum, from what I can remember. But hey, it's a new ride, so that's cool I guess.

The other Six Flags announcements look awesome, at least.

Totally forgot about that little gem, but that combined speed statistic is easily the most atrocious, blatant marketing hoax Six Flags could have ever contrived.

I don't know if I can put the faith into people to not actually believe the ride goes 70mph. Six Flags, you're embarrassing us!