Just an ultra quick report from Sunday (my first time ever at the park)
- Haunts: got through all the mazes. Overall not that great. Actors need a LOT of work here. Still better than Magic Mountain, though. Also: the homemade hungry hungry hippo "animatronic" may be my new favorite prop to ever exist in a haunted maze... lol. And god damn that toy house song. I want to hate it, but wow does it get stuck in your head...
- Gold Striker: WOW!!! I had no idea what to expect and had my first ride on it at night and I was completely blown away. I'm surprised I don't hear more about this ride; absolutely no complaints about it. Great layout and it never lets up. I liked it better than Ghostrider and Apocalypse (which I also thought were GREAT rides)
- Patriot: too much head banging and too short. Sorry, but I wasn't a fan. Better as a floorless than as a stand-up, I'm guessing.
- Flight Deck: walk of shame
[I wasn't even close... what's up with that? I made all other B&Ms in California with no issue]
- Demon / grizzly / other coasters: due to extrenuating circumstances I didn't get to do all the rides I wanted to so I don't have an opinion on them.
- Mass Effect: It was definitely interesting (especially for a Cedar Fair park), but not quite my thing. No reason to ride it again.
The haunt atmosphere wasn't terrible, but it didn't really stand out either. The entrance plaza with all the fire was nice. I have no interest in going back for haunt anytime soon, but I'm really curious what Demon Reignited was like. I thought Viper was one of the worst rides at Magic Mountain and I'm generally not a fan of Arrows, but I was willing to give it a try; just couldn't make it happen.