The Official "TPR In Europe" Ongoing TR Thread.

Daily reports and photos from our trip!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Desperate Housewife Who Wants to Live in THIS Castle!

Postby disneygurlz2s » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:20 am

After seeing the "Survival Course" pictures, I am convinced you guys need to apply for the next "Amazing Race"...Elissa looked like she knew what she was doing!!

Also, why is Elissa always making those "I am going to attack you with my angry claws" faces in the group shots??? :lol:

That "bike" ride looks like fun. I've seen a lot of rides that I wish we had over here in US.

Shari

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:13 am

Glad to see everyone is having a good time. Toverland looks pretty sweet, and its good to know that if Movie Park isn't crowded, Toverland can be included in the same day. This may come in handy next year when I go to Germany. Enjoy your time at PhantasiaLand, I'm looking forward to another update.

All clear....Dispatch, enjoy your ride,

Derek- never thought the day would come where I'd want to go to a park with only 2 credits, both of them being Vekomas

Coaster Berry

Postby coasters 4 me » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:33 am

Great TP's!
Looks like everyone is having a good time.

I Love Donkeys!

wow

Postby top thrill » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:15 am

the booster bike looks fun!!!!

its coming to flamingo land this summer!

can't wait to go on it!

Not Everyone In Germany Wears Lederhosen and Eats Sauerkraut

Postby Hattuchili » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:24 pm

Hey Robb,
great update. I really liked the pictures!

I want to say: Thank you so much for these wonderful days. We had so much fun, and I really miss you all! It was the best time I have ever had on a coaster trip! :D

In the next days I will post my pictures, from the 3 day trip!

--Sören "And again, thank you" Schomburg

p.s: Now, I will post my new photo DR, with you guys at the Phantasia Hotel! :twisted:
--> from good old Germany and back in Orlando!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coasterenthusiast » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:44 pm

I have been in one of those slides of death and they are not fun but they are pretty fast and they can get really hot.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Wishmaster » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:56 pm

disneygurlz2s wrote:After seeing the "Survival Course" pictures, I am convinced you guys need to apply for the next "Amazing Race"...Elissa looked like she knew what she was doing!!

No she didn't. She was really slow. :twisted:

At least the person that was behind Elissa was even slower so we weren't laughing at her that much. :twisted:

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby coasterking » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:01 pm

So then she was reaching down low? lol
:lol: (see the last picture)

Not Everyone In Germany Wears Lederhosen and Eats Sauerkraut

Photo DR: Phantasia Hotel - Dragon Bar

Postby Hattuchili » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:05 pm

Photo DR: Phantasia Hotel - Dragon Bar

Hey everyone,
here is a new photo DR, but this time with Robb, Elissa, Joey, Dan, my brother, two hot chicks and I! This was Sunday night at the Phantasia Hotel! They have a nice chinese styled Bar, called Dragon Bar!
Dan has taste, his first "diabetic Cocktail", that was so good. He really liked it, because he ordered another one!
Joey drunk a few beer (German Beer), and taste some Cocktails! He told me the beer was really great!
But now, onto the chicks! We (Dan, Joey, Fynn and I) met the (German-) girls in the lift! They were so nice. However, we all sat at the same table, and the show began! Dan and Joey could not get enough. :wink:

All in all a great evening for us!

--Sören

Here the pictures:
3.jpg
group picture
5.jpg
Joey´s first German beer in Germany, and I
9.jpg
Robb, likes German beer, too! :-)
2.jpg
Elissa and I
6.jpg
Dan and Joey with the chicks! Doesn´t they look great together? :-)
1.jpg
Oh, the dream couple at that evening!
10.jpg
Robb and Fynn are playing PSP!
8.jpg
Elissa and I, drinking good german beer, too! :-)
4.jpg
we all together, again!
11.jpg
Outside at the Hotel-Pool! Dan and his chick are looking so cute!
12.jpg
The chicks!
13.jpg
And a last photo of Dan, Joey and their chicks! :-)
--> from good old Germany and back in Orlando!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:24 pm

Day Eleven Part One: Phantasialand

Today we visited a park that we still wonder why on the ACE trip in 2002 we went to a catherdral instead of this park, but whatever, I guess for that day ACE stood for "American Cathedral Enthusaists." Oh, well, we're not members anymore and that was just one of many reasons why....

Anyway, the park was really nice! Very well themed and probably one of the nicer themed parks in Europe. That being said, there isn't too much to ride there, and what is there, while good, the park does seem like it's missing a really 'stand out' attraction. Hopefully this new B&M will help that.

We rode just about everything the park had to offer except for the rapids ride, which we are told is VERY good, and a couple of the minor dark rides (we rode the two major ones.)

First up was the Colorado Adventure or the "Michael Jackson Thrill Ride." Not only did this ride get the typical Vekoma jokes, but quite a few obvious Wacko Jacko ones as well! :lol:

The mine train was actually quite good. Not as good as the Disneyland Paris mine train, but very good.

After that we did a very strange ride, the Mystery Tower (I think that's what it's called). All we knew about this is that it was an Intamin drop tower completely enclosed. What we didn't know is that it is not your typical Intamin Drop ride, it's a totally different shot/drop combo tower, that actually reminded us more of a really big frog hopper than any other drop ride we can think of. Fun? Yes! Amazing? Not really. I wish it would have been a typical Intamin drop!

Then we did Winjas, which really took us by surprise! This ride was GREAT! What we thought was your typical Maurer Söhne extended spinning mouse was actually a really well themed ride with lots of weird effects. It's got a elevator lift system, a 'tilting track' drop, and a 'broken track' effect where as you come into the brake run, a bit of track you are on drops a couple of feet, then moves back into place to give the feeling that you ride vehicle just broke loose.

And on top of that both layouts of each side, which are completely different, were really fun! Lots of drops, spinning, tunnels and effects. This was certianly our favorite ride in the park.

Then we did the Vekoma monorail, or the coaster in the box that puts you to sleep while seeing holographic birds and listening to new age music. Yeah...it's that weird. It wasn't really THAT bad...but I actually did come off it feeling a bit more tired than when I went in!

We then checked out a couple of the park's dark rides. One that was like "Mexicans of the Carribean" which reminded me a lot of a Pirates type of ride, but in a train instead of a boat, and set in mexico instead of the carribean. But the scenes reminded me a LOT of Pirates.

Then next came a really wacked out dark ride themed to Asia stuff. And I say "asia stuff" because some of it haunted, some of it was serious, some of it was aligators dressed in chinese outfits dancing! :shock: It used an omnimover system that was VERY similar to the haunted manion. And there were even hitchhiking ghosts at the end!

Both dark rides were good, but nothing really spectacular.

Overall, we had a really great day at the park, thanks mostly to all the people who ended up meeting up with us throughout the day. Thanks to everyone as the more people we meet really helps make our trip that much more enjoyable.

We'll certainly be back to this park when they open their B&M inverted. It was a good park, but they really do need something else and hopefully this new coaster will fill that gap. I still don't get why we didn't come here in 2002 when we were only about 15 miles away from this park. Oh well...

Onto some photos!
phantasialand1.jpg
We stayed on property at Hotel Phantasia. A very nice hotel which reminded me a lot of a Disney resort.
phantasialand2.jpg
Here was our group first thing in the morning. You'll see that we grew throughout the day!
phantasialand3.jpg
The Michael Jackson Thrill Ride..."Elissa, was that you touching me in the tunnels???"
phantasialand4.jpg
Tom LOVES high speed Michael Jackson Vekoma rides!
phantasialand5.jpg
The Mystery Tower. Phallic? Yes! And it's like a really big frog hopper!
phantasialand6.jpg
Elissa and Fynn ride Winjas together. I think she's going to leave me for him! =)
phantasialand7.jpg
Winjas was a seriously fun coaster! Some totally unexpected effects on the ride.
phantasialand8.jpg
From this photo it looks like a racing coaster, but both tracks are VERY different from each other. Two credits!!! Yay!!! =)
phantasialand9.jpg
Lots of filming going on today. We expect to see some great videos for next year's contest!
phantasialand10.jpg
Warning! Construction Photo!!! Pictures of dirt!!! New B&M here soon!
phantasialand11.jpg
Geister Riskcha, the Asian themed dark ride, confused us all.
phantasialand12.jpg
It had everything from scary ghosts to dancing aligators! From chinese culture to hitchhiking ghosts! We couldn't figure it out!
phantasialand13.jpg
Thuur seems to love it!!! =)
phantasialand14.jpg
This was the "Mexicans of the Carribean" dark ride. Everything stereotypical you can think of!
phantasialand15.jpg
As you can see our group got bigger by the end of the day. Thanks again to everyone for hanging out with us!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive