Europe Trip Update!!!
Hey everyone! Sorry there was no update yesterday as our hotel did not have internet access. We are at the Hotel Phantasia now, which is VERY nice BTW, much like a Disney resort, and they DO have internet! Yay!
But since it is already very late (we were in the bar with Soren trying to hook Dan and Joey up with some hot chicks) and I have three parks to do updates on, they will be brief.
So here goes:
Day Nine: Heide Park
Heide Park is awesome. I never understood why the ACErs didn't like this park during our visit in 2002. But we love Heide for many of the same reasons we love Epcot. It's beautiful, relaxing, and although only has a few signature attractions, they are ALL great. Well, maybe except for the SLC!
Here are a few notes about our day:
- Heide is probably the best landscaped park in the world. Seriously, this place craps all over Busch Gardens Williamsburg, but for some reason never gets the recognition. I can't even imagine how much it must cost to keep this place looking as awesome as it does.
- Colossos still runs GREAT after 5 seasons. There is a *little* roughness where you can feel the track joints duing some of the ride, but 90% of it is glass smooth. I can't imagine a park wanting any other manufactuerer to build their wooden coaster after seeing the quality of this ride. It's not quite as good as Balder, but by the end of our day, it was producing MASSIVE airtime, and it's smooth as can be.
- We got a credit!!!! Limit, the park's Vekoma SLC was closed during our 2002 visit. We got that credit today! Yay!!!
- Slides of death. This park has the best slides of death collection. They are everywhere. And the ones with rollers on them give you extra extra speed!
- Scream! It was cool to see that one of the park's two observation towers has been convertered into an Intamin Gyro Drop. This one was just as good as PKI.
- Other random stuff - It was cool to meet up with more members of the board including Soren and his brother, Sebastian and his girlfriend. Great meeting up with all of you!
Now onto some photos!