The Official "TPR In Europe" Ongoing TR Thread.

Daily reports and photos from our trip!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:04 am

kat11joe wrote:OMG! :shock: That is the biggest and most packed McDonalds i have ever seen! You'd think they were giving away free hamburgers :lol: How long did you guys have to wait there? Was the food really bad? It looks like you guys are having a great time. Can't wait to see the videos from your trip :D

I've seen a different contender for "most crowded McDonald's": The World's Largest McDonald's in Orlando. 2 stories of pure madness...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Watson » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:20 am

That MacDonalds at The Village in Disney Paris is truely horrible!
ALWAYS crowded.
ALWAYS the wrong order.
NEVER a place to sit.
ALWAYS look where you step if you don't want to slip on fries, lettuce, burgers, or stick on cola :D

TPR's lonesome donkeyboy

Postby Groteslurf » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:46 am

abnormal boomerang : why don't they operate every boomerang like that. This seems to make the ride a bit more enjoyable. :wink:

I Love Donkeys!

Postby top thrill » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:40 am

hi guys love the disneyland pictures!!

i went earlier this year. end of january!!!! freezing and sometimes wet and miserable.

i went for four days wi my drama class wi college! we had to go to three talks about backstge performances and costume design and how to put on a parade, quite interesting.
i didn't go to see the motor stunt show i was too busy riding the indiana jones ride which was running forwards which i was preety upset about i was looking forward to riding backwards.
space mountain was shut when we went due to the winter like that is an excuse apparently the effects dont work in cold weather!!!! i dont how true that is but anyway had such an amazing four days.
what hotel did u stay in? we stayed in the cheyanne (full of other students)
did you go to the buffalo bills wild west show? that was pretty cool
im with elissa on this one i prefer the rock n roller coaster in florida!!!! although i had fun riding the one in paris
cant wait to hear from you guys.

oh and ive also been to phantasia land in germany about 5 years ago before the fire burnt things down!!
what did you think to the micheal jackson thriller ride

i loved that that is the best ever runaway mine train EVER!!!!!

#1 Nintendo Fanboy!

Postby bgwfreak » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:16 am

dandaman wrote:I've seen a different contender for "most crowded McDonald's": The World's Largest McDonald's in Orlando. 2 stories of pure madness...

No that one gets my vote for "World's tackiest McDonald's"!!! Man that place is so horrible looking inside.

My one and only visit I didn't have problems with crowds or anything though.

Do you know where your wife is?

Postby PhishyBrewer » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:19 am

So after this huge A$$, awesome trip, you guys feel like Magic Mountain on Saturday? I know, I'm sick in the head. I just want to get away for the weekend. Enjoy the TR's and photos. Have a safe trip. If not SFMM, maybe dinner or something.

Postby Wes » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:52 am

top thrill wrote:space mountain was shut when we went due to the winter like that is an excuse apparently the effects dont work in cold weather!!!! i dont how true that is but anyway had such an amazing four days.

That's when they were redoing Space Mountain to make it the Mission 2 theme.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby coasterking » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:10 pm

Yeah, the effects work fine in the winter lol. They redid the themeing over the winter and reopened it with a modified theme and trains in May.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:00 pm

Day Nineteen: Parc Asterix and more Disneyland Paris!

OMG! Tonnerre De Zeus is BACK!!!!

Wow, I couldn't believe it! A woodie that was firmly in my top 5 (or at least in my 'A' category) from '97 - '00 fell SHARPLY in 2002 when it was performing terrible. It was rough, sluggish, and overall just a huge let down.

I'm happy to report that today Tonnerre De Zeus was BACK to it's old self!

In fact, after riding it, it easily plants itself into the top of my "A" list along side other woodies such as Balder, Pheonix, Colossos, and Raven. It was THAT good! Crazy airtime all over the place, insane laterals, it was running FAST like a bat out of hell. I'm not sure what was wrong with this coaster in 2002, but I'm happy to see that it's back in top form now! It might not be quite as smooth as when it first opened in 1997, but it certainly is NOT what I would consider 'rough' or 'sluggish' like it was in '02.

As for the rest of Asterix, well, the place totally rocked today! The day started off with a little bit of rain, but cleared up by mid-morning. It seemed like it kept the locals away, because there wasn't a queue more than 10 minutes long for any ride all day!

That meant as many rides as possible on the awesome running TdZ. It also just confirmed my thoughts one more time on what a completely stupid time of year the ACE ECO trip was planned. I mean, let me just go on a rant here for a second....

On the ACE ECO trip in 2002, just about every park visited we were met with HUGE crowds, school group outings, hour long queues for most rides, etc, etc.... We were lost on many occasions for hours at a time, missed out on ERT, and even lost out on some ERT due to ACErs who were too big to fit on coasters trying over...and over...and over again! If you can't fit, DON'T RIDE, and stop wasting our time!!!

After that trip we thought for sure "Wow, if this is an organized group who have hired a professional company and there were so many things that went wrong on that trip, how the hell can we ever do things on our own?"

Well, what we realized is that it was a lot easier than we ever could have imagined! And oddly enough, not many people on that trip saw the mess we did. I guess our standards must be set a bit higher. Gee, so we want to go to parks when they aren't crowded, and we don't like to get lost on the way to parks. Why is that such a big deal?

Had someone actually done a little research like we did, they would have found that the middle to end of July is *NOT* a good time to go to Europe theme parks!!!

On our trip, none of the parks we have visited have been crowded, we never got lost, not once, we have not missed out on any coasters, and we have actually gotten MORE rides in during this trip than we did during ANY ERT session during the ECO trip.

The moral of the story....let Robb & Elissa plan your coaster trips!!! :lol:

Ok, rant over....back to Asterix.

The park was great. No crowds, TdZ was amazing, the bobsled was fun as always, the log flume was nice and wet, Elissa got her kiddie coaster credit that was closed during the 2002 trip, and we got in more riding in the 5 hours we were there this year than we did during the ECO trip being there almost all day with an hours worth of ERT. Go figure!

Asterix has always been a favorite of mine as the park is VERY clean, well kept up, and nicely themed. I've visited the park about 10 times since 1997, and I'm glad this visit can wipe out of my mind the bad visit I had in 2002.

After Asterix we headed back to Disneyland Paris for the last few hours of our night. We spent most of the time just taking photos and shopping, but we did grab a couple more rides on Rock N Roller Coaster and Space Mountain: Mission 2.

We went back to the hotel, packed up most everything, and then went to what is the last dinner for the group together. That's right, this is the end of the trip. :cry: *sob*

However, this is not the last Photo TR as we'll do one more when we get back home with a little 're-cap.'

It's been an amazing trip so far, and now after having done Japan in October and covering most of Europe this trip, with both trips being flawless, maybe it's time we take the next step and start doing group trips. I think we've got a good shot and being able to do them right! We'll see.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has read these reports for the past three weeks. This has seriously been some of the best times of my life, and I'm really happy I've been able to share it with everyone and see the great response on the boards. It's really made the trip for me being able to share it with all of you! And it's been so great being able to meet all these people for the first time! That made the trip really special. So.....

Onto today's photos!
asterix1.jpg
Today started out a little wet. No one really seemed to mind though....well, no one other than Dan! =)
asterix2.jpg
The park looks a LOT different from when we were here on the ECO trip in 2002. First off, there is NOBODY here, second, it's not a billion degrees out!
asterix3.jpg
Asterix, who is a very popular French cartoon character, greets everyone at the front of the park.
asterix4.jpg
Beware! The "Thunder of Zeus" will strike you!
asterix5.jpg
Bah! Who can be afraid of an ancient god who wears spotted panties? =)
asterix6.jpg
We prepare for our first ride on Tonnerre De Zeus a little unsure since this didn't ride too well in 2002.
asterix7.jpg
I am happy to report that Tonnerre De Zeus is BACK! It ran AWESOME today. Right back into my top woodies along side Balder, Phoenix, Colossos, and Raven!
asterix8.jpg
Going up the lift hill this is what you see on the left side....
asterix9.jpg
...and this is what you see on the right.
asterix10.jpg
You can tell by the hair the amount of airtime this ride is producing. It was amazing, sick, crazy, all of the above!
asterix11.jpg
It seemed as though almost every hill was producing massive amounts of airtime!
asterix12.jpg
He wants paper, not a greasy fist!!!
asterix14.jpg
Parc Asterix' bobsled ride is the only bobsled NOT themed to a bobsled! =)
asterix16.jpg
While Tonerre De Zeus might have been running better, Gouderix on the other hand, was not!
asterix17.jpg
Joey is bracing himself and Dan is just hoping that it won't hurt too much!
asterix18.jpg
Our group photo with Zeus' panties after a GREAT day at Asterix!
dlp35.jpg
Back at Disney it was time for a few more rides on Rock N Roller Coaster.
dlp36.jpg
This ride is really hard to capture in photo, but you can kind of get an idea of the lighting inside.
dlp28.jpg
And to complete the trifecta of Vekoma multi-loopers today, a spin on Space Mountain: Mission 2!
dlp39.jpg
Oh, and for you dirt lovers, this big hole of dirt will soon become Paris' version of Tower of Terror.
dlp40.jpg
Our final dinner in the Disney Village with our Europe group and Nicolas, Fredric, and Louis! Thanks for hanging out with us!

Teh Rockness Monster

Postby BiCoastal Kid » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:25 pm

Which was louder on Goudrix... the rattley ride, or Dan's crispy hair? :P

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive