The Official "TPR In Europe" Ongoing TR Thread.

Daily reports and photos from our trip!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coasterenthusiast » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:32 am

disneygurlz2s wrote:OK... first off, I have to tell you that I just spent something like an hour and a half reading and looking at all this because our computer died a week ago and I hadn't been on a computer for days (it nearly killed me) because I was taking some PTO days from work and so I no computer access whatsoever. Fortunately, despite the fact we can barely keep a roof over our heads, my hubby went and bought us this awesome new computer yesterday and now I can read the trip reports and FINALLY!!! watch the videos too (at least until they turn our electric or internet off for non-payment :lol: )

That said, it looks like the Alveys and gang are having a blast and I love the pictures. Tom-you're videos are great!!

As for the "Speedo" sign back on about page 1 or 2.... I work with a British lady and we were just talking about this the other day. Over in many Europeon countries you HAVE to wear a "speedo" type suit...swim trunks are not acceptable at public pools, water parks, etc. God help us if that becomes necessary on your trip.... :wink:

Continue to have a safe and fun journey.... I'm looking forward to more great pictures (although I could have done without the one of Robb and the sausage...that will haunt me all day. Poor Elissa!)

Shari "The closest I have been to a foreign country is EPCOT" Shoufler

That sucks big time.

Desperate Housewife Who Wants to Live in THIS Castle!

Postby disneygurlz2s » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:58 am

^Which part??? Not sure if I am supposed to be feeling compassion or like I have just been insulted?!? :shock:

Shari

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Martyn » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:44 pm

I just want to say thanks for the great day at Liseberg also. Like Rob said, it was a shame we had to leave early really, I could have ridden Balder all day.
It's strange that IMO, Kanonen is the worst of the three coasters there, I'm not saying it's bad at all, but Balder is just plain awesome, and Lisebergbanan was such a surprise!
I'm attempting a video now, I'm not sure if I got enough footage though really, damn weather!

In the meantime, here's a little clip of Robb walking into one of the panes of glass in the mirror maze. Now, I'm not sure if he did it deliberately, but it looks pretty accidental to me. I'm sure he'll deny it and say it was deliberate anyway!
mirrors.zip
(3.34 MiB) Downloaded 876 times

Grocery Store Enthusiast!

Postby Kroger8 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:56 pm

Hahaha, I can't tell either, it looks pretty accidental to me!

Fabulously FIERCE!

Postby DenDen » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:18 pm

Tough call, kinda looks deliberate, but Robb is a good actor/comedian!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:07 pm

Day Eight: Bon Bon Land and Hansa Park.

Today’s update will be a little briefer since I have to cover two parks, it’s kind of late, and the internet wi-fi is REALLY expensive in this hotel! :o

Bon Bon Land – This is one of the weirdest, screwed up parks ever! But I mean that in a good way. This park might as well be called the “bodily function park” in that just about every bodily function is covered. Let me explain. The park is themed with these bizarre cartoon animal characters, each one of them that seems to represent different things that your body does. From the peeing grasshopper to the farting dog, the vomiting bird and the crapping seagull. It’s all there! The photos will explain more. Needless to say, it made for some entertaining photos! We met up with some members of http://www.themeparkdenmark.dk/ again and they helped make the day even better.

As for the coasters, the premiere attraction is a Gerstlauer 95 degree drop coaster. I have to be honest, after riding both of these I really hope those rumors for Dollywood getting one does not come true. While they are ‘fun’ they aren’t very comfortable and they ‘feel’ more like a portable ride than a permanent fixture.

The other coaster is the “Dog Fart Coaster.” Now we had been hearing about this coaster for a long time, and we originally just thought it was some funny translation. No, were wrong, it REALLY is the “Dog Fart Coaster!” You ride in a train themed like a dog, and when the train travels through the ‘dog house’ you can hear the fart noise, and when you come out of the dog house you see the figuring of the dog crapping on the ground.

No, I am NOT making this up!!!! There seriously is a speaker in the dog house where the fart comes from, and there even is poop on the ground! This should give you a clear idea of the sense of humor in this park.

And if that isn’t weird enough, now comes the ‘self operated rides’ including a roller coaster and a pirate ship ride! These were everywhere in the park! And what do we mean by ‘self operated?’ Simple, there are no ride ops, these rides are on the honor system and you operate them yourself!

The coaster was interesting, and it’s not really a ‘coaster’, certainly not a ‘credit’ for us, but it was a lot of fun! They also had a self-operated zip-line ride, I mean, a full sized zipline that probably was 100 feet long and about 30 feet off the ground! This wasn’t like your coin operated supermarket rides, these were REAL rides without any ride op at all! Seriously, it was REALLY cool!

We left around 12:30 so we could catch a ferry into Germany and make it to Hansa Park.

This was to be a ‘bonus park’ on the trip and it turns out we had plenty of time to do both parks in one day, especially since there were no crowds at either one.

We had no idea what to expect from Hansa and we came out really liking it a lot! It was also a weird, screwed up park, again in a good way, and this time because of all it’s bizarre rides.

As for coasters, they had a pretty good custom layout Schwarzkopf with a single loop and a CRAZY moment of airtime! They also had a custom layout Roller Skater and a Wild Mouse. But that’s where the ‘normal’ stuff stops.

The new ride of the this year was the “Starflyer”, or at least that’s it’s common name. Basically, it’s a chairswing ride that is 150 feet tall and goes 40 MPH!!! Yes, once again, I am NOT making this up! This ride was seriously cool! It craps all over the Screamin’ Swings! I mean, you feel REALLY high up, and it goes REALLY fast. And all you are sitting in is what looks like your common chairswing, nothing much different about it. It scared the crap out of all of us, but we LOVED it!

Hansa also had some of those ‘bouncy things’ that we encountered at Farup a few days ago. We probably spent more time here, again, than on the rest of the rides! You could really get bouncing good on these too. We bounced Joey and got ‘girls on trampoline’ footage. What more do you need? =)

The other bizarre ride was the “Metro Liner.” The only way to describe this is a double-bayern curve. I have no idea who makes it or where this ride comes from, but it’s really cool!

We took a spin, literally, on the spinning rapids ride. The same type that was installed at Astroworld and SFA a few years ago but this one was much longer and spun MUCH more!!! Elissa rode, and I’m not sure she was pleased with that decision! =)

Anyway, we’re off to Heide Park tomorrow and more Intamin steel, I mean, WOOD coasters! =)

Onto some photos from today!
bonbon1.jpg
Our group photo with us and the guys from www.themepark.dk
bonbon2.jpg
Bon Bon Land's "Peeing Ant."
bonbon3.jpg
Instructions for the "Self-Operated" roller coaster. Could you imagine what would happen if this was allowed in America???
bonbon4.jpg
The self-operated coaster was about 15 feet tall and loads of fun, but not a 'credit.' It felt more like a flat ride than a coaster!
bonbon5.jpg
The dog mascot who poops and farts all around the park!
bonbon6.jpg
The dog fart coaster - see the train in the background?
bonbon7.jpg
Note the speaker on the left inside the dog house. That's where the 'fart' comes from!
bonbon8.jpg
Apparently, he laid more than just a fart!!!
bonbon9.jpg
"Wheee! Self-Powered Zipline is fun!"
bonbon10.jpg
Dan plays 'ride op' for the zipline ride!
bonbon12.jpg
There were plenty of boobs to be had all over the park. We didn't mind this at all! =)
bonbon13.jpg
The vomiting rat is yet another of the 'bodily function' characters at the park.
bonbon14.jpg
Oh, yes...let's not forget the park's star attaction!
bonbon15.jpg
The drop is fun, the rest of it is kind of brutal. Overall, not a bad ride, but I really wish these were smoother.
hansa1.jpg
Here we are boarding another ferry on our way to Germany.
hansa2.jpg
We arrive at Hansa Park around 3pm with plenty of time to see everything the park has to offer.
hansa3.jpg
The park's Schwarzkopf looper was kind of like half of SFOT's Shock Wave. One loop instead of two, one crazy airtime moment instead of two. This was a REALLY good ride!
hansa4.jpg
They also had a bouncy thing. Kind of hard to describe, but that huge "pillow" is filled with air, and allows you to jump, do flips, and all kinds of stuff that no American park would ever allow!
hansa5.jpg
Elissa jumping on trampolines!
hansa6.jpg
They also had a Vekoma Roller Skater with a totally unique layout.
hansa7.jpg
But the coolest, most insane ride here was the "Starflyer."
hansa8.jpg
A 150 foot tall chair swings that goes 40 MPH!!! Yes! And all that is holding you in is a seatbelt and those little chairswing chains just like the normal versions!
hansa9.jpg
Spinning rapids rides rule!
hansa10.jpg
This could totally be the poster for the park's gay day!
hansa11.jpg
They also had one of those horse rides like Legoland, but adults could ride, then they hand you a gun, and you shoot targets for points!!!!
hansa12.jpg
Elissa got molested by the charaters! She really did!!! I'll post the video of it when we get better internet access!
hansa14.jpg
This is that weird 'double bayern curve' thing. Anyone know what this ride is or who makes it or if there are any others like it???
hansa13.jpg
And here are the two trucks that collided and caused a 2 hour delay during our drive! Grrr.... Thanks to "German Tom" for helping us with the traffic information!

Grocery Store Enthusiast!

Postby Kroger8 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:19 pm

WOW Starflyer looks AWESOME, wow, IDK who makes that ride but it looks kinda fun. WOW looks like you guys are having a great time, the 'bodily function animals' HAHA thats great! Europe is great!

Big Green Fuzzy

Postby Mystery » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:34 pm

Nice TR Again!
But you are doing a lot of parks in so little time! Do you see all of the park or just some waiting lines? :wink:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Ruel400 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:55 pm

Thanks for the great Trip Reports! The Scandi parks look amazing. Can't wait to go in 2007.

I believe the Metroliner is a Schwarzkopf Bayern Curve 2. I still prefer the original.

Jonathan

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:56 pm

I went on the Star Flyer at Prater Park in spring 2004. Its a really fun ride.. But that one you guys went to looks like it has 2 people seats.. The Prater one is only solo seats.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive