The Official "TPR In Europe" Ongoing TR Thread.

Daily reports and photos from our trip!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
One time I ate pancakes

Postby Mr. Volcano » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:22 pm

Wow! This park really sounds amazing and like a place I want to visit (maybe someday? I mean I haven't even got to the Knoebel's of America!) :(

The obstacle course looks/sounds insane, Im surprised they had all the cool stuff that they had there, it kindof reminded me of something you would find at a camp or child's play area, which is cool I guess..

The S&S/Arrow Woodie looks cool, the tunnel is neat how it has the shadow smashed of the guy going in, and it might be one of their better wooden coasters...

Glad you guys are having fun, keep the updates comin'! ;)

-Justin "Who wants a Denmark chick too"

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:04 pm

Now this looks like my kind of park eventhough the thought of g-trains on an S&S kind of scares me :D

Lovin the updates!
Ted

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby turbolaaf » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:01 pm

Nice report Rob ;)
And the woody has Gerstlauer trains (german) these give a great seat.
I've been here last year and loved it also a lot.
How about the vekoma junior Rob?
Also they have a nice rapid with some ok theming around it.
I'm looking forward to hear what you think from bon bon land since it was te strangest park i've ever seen.
Enjoy 8)

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby zilliboy » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:18 pm

nice trip report, i'm counting down for the rest of the trip reports.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:28 am

OK, I fixed all the Farup photos and captions....go back a couple of pages!

--Robb

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:01 am

Day Five: TusenFryd

So our day stated out on a boat...a ferry to be exact! After Farup Sommerland we boarded our "overnight Ferry" going from Hirstalls to Larvik. A couple hours drive later on Norwegian roads and we were at the park!

When we arrived, we met with the park's operations director who took us around to film on all the coasters and the space shot before the park opened.

First up was Thunder Coaster! We had heard really mixed reviews of this ride, and all I can say is OMG! Vekoma can do two things right...kiddie coasters and Woodies! This one was the roughest of the three we rode (the other two being Loup Garoup and Robin Hood), but DAMN, the airtime on this ride is CRAZY!!! It wasn't rough like "Ghostrider" rough where you feel each bolt as the train goes through the track, which is good, but it did have a couple of good jolts.

Other than that, the ride was GREAT! We rode about 7 or 8 times, and we even got to strap the lipstick camera on the front of the train which resulted in some GREAT pov!

We also did the Vekoma Loop-Screw, which, you know, as expected. A fun ride, good for this park, but nothing amazing. The space shot was fun, and so was the "worlds smallest coaster!" And yes, it actually was a credit!

Then was "Super Splash" the Mack water coaster. This is certainly debatable if counts as coaster or not. Elissa and I not because IMO it's a 'water ride' but Joey who is more of a credit whore than we are will count it! :lol:

The ride was awesome! It really is a splashdown boat, with a little drop in the beginning, then a REALLY good drop followed by a bunny hill into the water. And when you hit the water you don't get soaked like you do on most splashdown boats. You get wet, yes, but not drenched! So yeah, a water coaster with two good drops and you don't have to get your underwear soaked. Works for us! =)

We spent most of the day doing the rest of the park, even was allowed to get our camera onto the skycoaster. This was Dan's first ever skycoaster and we still can't believe he had to go all the way to Norway to do one!

On a sad note, we didn't see any oil rigs or polar bears as expected having been on Epcot's Norway attraction! (We did see a troll though, other than Joey!)

Onto some photos!!!
tusenfryd1.jpg
Here we about about to board our mini-van into the ferry!
tusenfryd2a.jpg
The cabins were nice, but this is no cruise ship!
tusenfryd2.jpg
Here we are crossing from Denmark to Norway! (Where are the oil rigs???) =)
tusenfryd3.jpg
TusenFryd welcomes Theme Park Review!
tusenfryd4.jpg
Wow! A somewhat good photo of the two of us!
tusenfryd5.jpg
Thunder Coaster! Insane airtime! A little rough...but did I mention *INSANE* airtime????
tusenfryd6.jpg
That little camera taped to the front of the ride will capture all that INSANE airtime!!!
tusenfryd7.jpg
Here you can see the entire layout of the ride. It uses the terrain really well and it has INSANE airtime!!!
tusenfryd8.jpg
The "Japp" Space Shot!
tusenfryd8a.jpg
Ahh, Super Splash! The best ever splashdown boat!
tusenfryd11.jpg
Dave is all prepared to ride!
tusenfryd10.jpg
It's not called "Super Splash" for nothing!
tusenfryd9.jpg
Luckily we didn't get THAT wet!
tusenfryd12.jpg
Thunder Coaster's first drop reminds me a lot of Hersheypark's Wildcat.
tusenfryd13.jpg
But it's this second drop that uses the terrain to make it longer than the first drop and it also gives INSANE airtime!
tusenfryd14.jpg
Every European park seems to have crazy fun slides of death!
tusenfryd15.jpg
Joey and the troll! He feels at home now. =)

Johnny Quest Thinks Im What?

Postby martin182 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:35 am

Damn all thoose decent woodies... i should really venture more into europe! Great Photos by the way! :D

3000 years young and riding roller coasters

Postby Ghost » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:40 am

Description: Luckily we didn't get THAT wet!

Could it be because I wasn't there?

The Magic - seen from different points of view…
http://blog.mousekingdom.com

Disneyland Resort Paris - The internet Guidebook

TPR's lonesome donkeyboy

Postby Groteslurf » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:20 am

nice to read that the park's operations director took the time to guide you around :lol:
afbeelding_4__665.jpg
here's the picture I took fm you in WB

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby MF2001 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:40 am

Hey Robb

Nice pics, you show here. If you like small parks with insane attractions, then look forward for the Klotten park. :wink:

Cu @ Holiday Park

Greets, Timo

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive