The Official "TPR In Europe" Ongoing TR Thread.

Daily reports and photos from our trip!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
The search for the Ultimate Thrill!

Postby Coaster Palooza » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:50 pm

^It looked like Joey was giddy around the Blonde Boobs of Death, but definately scared on that boat. I believe I would have the same look on that boat ride.

It looks like you guys are having a blast. I am just wondering how many views you think this topic will get. You're more than halfway there and you are nearing 60,000 views. I believe this will get over 120,000 views. Posts might get over 800 at this rate also.

I know how much you like stats, Robb.

Site Admin

Day Twelve

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:33 pm

Ok, first of all, let's drop the whole "Is Balder wood or not" debate. It's not really important. Real said it himself that it looks like a crazy ride. He can call it it made out of puddy as far as I'm concerned because it still doesn't hide the fact that it could very well be the best damn coaster in the world!!!! :wink:

And speaking of best damn coasters in the world....

Day Twelve: Holiday Park

Yes, I am here to report that Expedition GeForce STILL ranks as #1 steel on my list! It's just the same as it was three years ago. Unbelievable amounts of airtime, no 'Intamin rattle' that some of the other hypers have gotten, and just an all around crazy ride!

I have to be honest, the first ride we took this morning worried me a little bit. It just didn't seem as crazy as it did in 2002, but then I remembered that due to the "Cathedral Expedition" we didn't get to Holiday Park until about 4pm.

And yeah, give it a couple of hours and EGF was back to it's old self! :lol:

One of the highlights of today was getting to walk up the lift hill of EGF to get photos. That was pretty crazy because as the train came by and went down the drop the whole structure shook like a 6.0 earthquake! It was pretty awesome! Got some good photos and video from up there and it will make for a GREAT video segment too! =)

This time around since we had more than two hours to see the park, we got to do everything. The Intamin drop tower (in both elevator mode for photos and normal mode for fun) and this is a REALLY good one! The brakes seem a bit further down on the ride and you really felt like you dropped for a while!

I had no idea that the reversing log flume had some really good effects including FIRE during the turning platform sections, and we finally got to do the dark ride complete with sex and boobs! I love Europe!

Of course most of the day was spent on EGF. We got some really amazing footage thanks to the parks 'helment camera' rig where we got to mount our camera into this crazy helment contraption. Wait until you see the pics!

Overall we got in about 20ish rides on EGF throughout the day and once again it was fun hanging out with all the guys from Onride.de. You'll all have to post pics of you with your screen names/real names because we really bad at remembering everyone's names.

At the moment we are at Europa Park in the Castle Castillo Alcazar. We took a walk around the resort complex and ate at one of the restaurants in the Colosso hotel. It's such an amazing place, near Disney quality.

Ok, so onto some pics!!!

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:11 pm

Robb, I love your updates!

Those contraptions you use to film onride footage look pretty neat. I got to figure out how to get a helmet like that. I just hold onto my camera for dear life when I do POVs.

Not Everyone In Germany Wears Lederhosen and Eats Sauerkraut

Postby Hattuchili » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:18 pm

WOW,
great pictures Robb. It looks like you had an awesome day! It makes me so sad, seeing the pictures! Because I could not stay there with you guys! :cry:
^Damn work on monday! :evil:

--Sören
--> from good old Germany and back in Orlando!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:29 pm

^^ Thanks Barry! That contraption was Holiday Park's rig. Really cool stuff. I still think I get slightly better results with my lipstick camera mounted to the train, but the helmet did work really well!

^ Thanks Soren, we missed you today! Also, everyone, be sure to check out Soren's photo TR from Heide, it's GREAT! Here is the link:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... hp?p=30092

--Robb "Going to bed now!" Alvey

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby nursemelis374 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:49 pm

Great TR and pics! I was wondering how you guys got to do all the behind the scenes type stuff, like go in places the general public isn't allowed, climb lift hills, etc? Did you set it up before hand?

Sexing up the North Pole

Postby Token Yankee Guy » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:01 pm

oh man, EGF has a better layout then SFNE's S:RoS.

Oh well, at least SFNE's Superman is still high in the ranks.

Great Trip Report so far Robb!
"Britain, Britain, Britain, We're open from 9 to 6, monday through saturdays"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:13 pm

Just looked back at all the pics from the beginning of the trip, I thought I'd see see some tiredness creeping in, but nothing so far. You guys are troopers!!!

Second, I have never seen Joey look as happy as he looks right here:

I knew you had it in you Joey!!! Just don't tell her your a Jew. ;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Day Twelve

Postby Rob562 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:54 pm

Caption suggestion: "Expedition Or-Ge Force?" :wink:

-Rob S.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:08 pm

nursemelis374 wrote:Great TR and pics! I was wondering how you guys got to do all the behind the scenes type stuff, like go in places the general public isn't allowed, climb lift hills, etc? Did you set it up before hand?

Yes, we contacted all the parks here about a month before our trip. We were very surprised to see how many of the parks download all our videos and read the forums! Most of them have been keeping up with this thread also!

--Robb "So thank you to all the parks for your help!" Alvey

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive