Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 1882: The Crypt officially closed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby Philrad71 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:35 pm

^ That really wouldn't surprise me at this point, but I think that Cedar Fair has more class....please tell me that they have more class than that...please?? lol

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby joelwee » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:35 am

CaptainUnknown wrote:
DoinItForTheFame wrote:
tndank wrote:Can I just say how awful the Monster Jam themed wing coaster going around looks? That can't be real. (The theming that is. I believe the coaster is real.)

Wait... What? I must have missed something here. . .

A potential concept revealed at 2018 IAAPA.
IAAPA_Grave-Digger-Monster-Jam-Coaster-620x349.jpg

Please let this happen. The meltdown over this being Volcano's replacement would be hilarious. :lol:
Seat, don't fail me now!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Satans Hockey » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:01 am

coneyislandchris wrote:^ I don't know what you guys are complaining about. That's hilarious and over the top and I love it. I sincerely hope it happens.

Same lol Gravedigger is an extremely popular monster truck and monster jam packs out NFL stadiums and smaller arenas all over the country. Monster trucks go pretty fast and have a ton of horse power and can jump things, do flips and wheelies so it's not like the theme is really that far fetched. Kids will love it too.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:55 am

I do have a concern: With both Volcano and the Crypt being removed and some big, awesome attraction will be taking its place, what about the Avalanche? Last time I was there, the Avalanche was placed between the Volcano and The Crypt and I would hate to see the Avalanche go so a big massive coaster can take it's place in all that void. Then again, this coaster could take Volcano and Crypt's spot and wrap itself around Avalanche (it's been done before in the amusement park world; such as The Great Bear at Hersheypark and Goliath at Six Flags over Georgia), or this coaster will just take Volcano's spot and we'll have another attraction take Crypt's spot.

If the former happens and they do take out Avalanche, then it will be the second time Kings Dominion removed three rides and replaced it with an exciting coaster (I'm talking about The Lost World being replaced with Volcano). However, I don't think Avalanche is on the chopping block and it is safe from elimination.

Anaconda, on the other hand . . . :?r

Postby coasterbill » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:05 am

They removed two maintenance nightmares. I don't think they're doing it because they have some grand expansion plan or that the Crypt removal is tied to the Volcano removal. I'm not even sure they know what they're planning for that space yet.

I don't really think they'll remove Avalanche but I also wouldn't be entirely shocked.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:54 am

^ Agreed. You had a prototype suspended launch coaster and a flat that's quickly going extinct. Mack still lists the bobsled on their website, so they probably still provide replacement parts (if needed).
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- NASCAR SpeedPark & Carowinds- Fall

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!