Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1643--Battle for Kings Dominion game
Users viewing this topic: njcoasterguy34, pryonisys, Sethwalczak167, Vonni and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby djcoastermark » Wed May 17, 2017 1:55 pm

^ Thank you for the info. I'll just wait until We're at the park to buy tokens. Not sure sure how hungry or , ahem, thirsty we'll be until we get there.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby AstrumSpark » Thu May 18, 2017 7:05 am

Anyone think that Volcano should switch to an LSM launch instead of an LIM? Would improve the reliability.
1.Fury 325 2.Intimidator 305 3.Apollo's Chariot 4.El Toro 5.Millennium Force 6.Diamondback 7.Skyrush 8.Maverick 9.Phantom's Revenge 10.Volcano

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu May 18, 2017 7:43 am

AstrumSpark wrote:Anyone think that Volcano should switch to an LSM launch instead of an LIM? Would improve the reliability.

Here, and if you want people to get into a bidding war then try this too. Tell them you're an enthusiast and be sure to include your screen name on your application. The phone should start ringing off the hook.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby AstrumSpark » Thu May 18, 2017 9:14 am

coasterbill wrote:
AstrumSpark wrote:Anyone think that Volcano should switch to an LSM launch instead of an LIM? Would improve the reliability.

Here, and if you want people to get into a bidding war then try this too. Tell them you're an enthusiast and be sure to include your screen name on your application. The phone should start ringing off the hook.

They liked my idea. They'll start in August of 2018.
1.Fury 325 2.Intimidator 305 3.Apollo's Chariot 4.El Toro 5.Millennium Force 6.Diamondback 7.Skyrush 8.Maverick 9.Phantom's Revenge 10.Volcano

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby CP Maverick » Thu May 18, 2017 10:57 am

coasterbill wrote:

Wouldn't be my first job choice, but you gotta start somewhere.
Original Maverick '99

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu May 18, 2017 3:14 pm

Tired of Pokemon Go? Kings Dominion is adding a little of their own virtual action to the park.

05-18-17 Battle for KD.jpg

Battle is Brewing at Kings Dominion
Park debuts interactive, augmented reality game

DOSWELL, VA (May 17, 2017) – Step into a brand new virtual world at Kings Dominion as the park debuts an interactive, competitive gaming experience – “The Battle for Kings Dominion.”

This immersive gaming app combines augmented reality with traditional gaming and will take the in-park experience to the next level, allowing guests to declare their loyalty to a coaster alliance and then “battle” against each other to take control of the Kings Dominion realm.

“We are excited to introduce our guests to an entirely new digital layer of the park experience,” said Gary Chadwick, Kings Dominion’s Vice President and General Manager. “Being able to gamify the park through the Battle for Kings Dominion, from interactive queue lines and midways to the personification of rides, will make for an even more engaging day.”

The cutting-edge Extended Experience game was developed by experiential design experts Holovis. Gamers will be able to choose from five coaster alliances: Dominator, Flight of Fear, Intimidator® 305, Avalanche or Volcano. Each alliance has its own unique character avatar and a custom battle shield. Guests will compete against each other and attempt to defeat the other alliances for dominance of the park throughout the day. Players can earn points in various ways including playing augmented reality mini-games in special parts of the ride queue lines, taking over territory from competing teams, answering trivia and riding roller coasters. Augmented reality moments from the experience will also come to life on the guest’s Apple® or Android™ device and can be shared with friends and on social media.

“Extended Experiences are the future of entertainment,” explains Amy Steele, VP of Development at Holovis. “This is where every element is connected together allowing guests to discover hidden narratives and gamify what are traditionally passive moments. They can even continue to customize their Coaster Alliance avatar from home as people prepare for their next visit.”

The Battle for Kings Dominion will be available for download on May 19. To complement the game, Kings Dominion has added free park-wide Wi-Fi, making it even easier to play and connect while visiting. A new mobile app complete with an interactive park map and ride wait times is now available. For the full calendar of 2017 operating hours, visit www.kingsdominion.com.

Postby coasterbill » Thu May 18, 2017 3:18 pm

Just a heads up that anyone who dares to mess with the Avalanche clan when we're at the park is gonna get wrecked.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Mossed » Thu May 18, 2017 3:39 pm

I will not be intimidated by you, for I am the Intimidator clan.

Edit - But I'll drink to this rivalry, what's a beer between clans?
Top 10 coasters - 1.) Intimidator 305 2.) Maverick. 3.) Fury325 4.) Phoenix 5.) Millennium Force 6.) Taron 7.) Top Thrill Dragster 8.) Twisted Colossus 9.) Goliath (SFGA) 10.) Expedition GeForce

Postby Philrad71 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:42 pm

^ & ^^ Just make sure that you keep the beer within the Kings Dominion drinking jail guidelines, guys! :lol:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu May 18, 2017 3:55 pm

coasterbill wrote:Just a heads up that anyone who dares to mess with the Avalanche clan when we're at the park is gonna get wrecked.

You should form an unholy alliance with Team Volcano.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!