Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 954 - Wahoo Wave Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 17 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby DarienPoint » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:32 pm

^ Do you get something to show that you ARE on the campgrounds or hotel? You could show them that and say "I'm bringing so and so with me" and it's all cool?
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:47 pm

DarienPoint wrote:Six Flags has a secret website about DL's flash sale for 2019 memberships (only Gold+ at the moment) and season passes. Also, in the membership vs season pass chart, it says "admission to Local Hurricane Harbor," so I guess they're re branding the water park. Also it lists "includes Holiday In The Park"?

Interestingly, on Saturday they had all 4 membership levels listed with prices listed next to everything EXCEPT gold+... now it's sorry if reversed with things removed. so it's still a major work in process.

I'd be disappointed if I couldn't get an elite pass on Thursday (only because I'm planing 4 SF parks this weekend and I'd love the discounts and benefits!). I'd prefer to buy local over Great Adventure and making that my "home" park for the discounted bring a friend's / etc. There is a price difference, too. Plus the line to get the thing will be a huge factor. Processing at Darien Lake on Thursday night would be ideal. This of course is assuming they get their s*hit together.... which they might not do until next year... or at all... with this membership stuff.

Holiday in the park might get announced on Thursday for 2019 ?¿?

I don't think we'll see a Hurricane Harbor change. At least not next year. But I'm not always the best at guessing these things...

Postby Haymaker » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:14 pm

DarienPoint wrote:^ Do you get something to show that you ARE on the campgrounds or hotel? You could show them that and say "I'm bringing so and so with me" and it's all cool?

Wristbands, but ive never worn them and no one ever checks them.

Postby rjr19 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:33 pm

This is my question, why don’t they just keep Darien Square open to everyone and just close off the campground?

Here’s how it could look, the yellow marks are where the gates could be constructed:
20358799-C356-4867-89CA-4637195317C8.jpeg
Six Flags Darien Lake is my home park..... :?r

CURRENT COASTER COUNT: 63 ....yeah I need to go to more parks lol

TOP 10: 1.) Steel Vengeance, 2.) Millennium Force, 3.) Leviathan, 4.) Mako, 5.) Behemoth, 6.) Maverick, 7.) Top Thrill Dragster, 8.) Ride of Steel, 9.) Yukon Striker, 10.) Valravn

Postby DarienPoint » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:38 pm

^ That would make sense... :|
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby ride of steel » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:54 pm

That's what I was trying to say, it's practical, more so than rerouting all of the paths.

Postby Haymaker » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:19 pm

Probably because the General Store and arcade arent used by park goers that much

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby PATTYCAKES » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:57 pm

Haymaker wrote:Probably because the General Store and arcade arent used by park goers that much

Non-campers do not need anything in the General Store, and there is already a nice arcade in the park. Non-campers don't need to be in that area.
:mickey:

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby john10693 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:30 am

Two entrances would both have to staffed all day with and I would guess Six Flags considered that. I would suggest one entrance is all that's needed and would be best for the park to manage security in the campground. Maybe a exit only alongside the amphitheater for the convenience of camp goers for after the laser show would work. I would think Six Flags or any management team would most likely go for the simplest most cost effective long term fix for guest security and this is probably the best fit.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby PATTYCAKES » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:10 am

john10693 wrote:Two entrances would both have to staffed all day with and I would guess Six Flags considered that. I would suggest one entrance is all that's needed and would be best for the park to manage security in the campground. Maybe a exit only alongside the amphitheater for the convenience of camp goers for after the laser show would work. I would think Six Flags or any management team would most likely go for the simplest most cost effective long term fix for guest security and this is probably the best fit.

There are a lot of full-season campers at Darien Lake who have campfires every night. There is no way that campers are going to want to have to walk all the way over to the amphitheatre to get to the park and then have to walk all the way over to Darien Square and then all the way back around to the campground. It wouldn't work like that. Also, the General Store has never officially been open to the public. Non-campers don't need to buy wood and camping supplies. The full-season campers would not want a lot of non-campers in that store or in that area, tbh. Campers will be happy that area is going to be handed back to campers only. :mickey:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!