Darien Lake Discussion Thread

P. 745 - Six Flags Sky Screamer Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:37 am

anonymouscactus wrote:Lololol... as much as I hate this thread sometimes... all the time... sometimes you find the diamond in the rough ;)

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: That picture is great.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby DarienPoint » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:53 am

rjr19 wrote:On a different note, I saw that the Flash Sale can get you a Gold Season Pass for $55. Is this my only opportunity to get a Gold Pass at that low of a rate or is it one of those “it’s never really full price and we just call it a sale to get people to buy it” sort of things? I want to ensure free parking (which you need a gold pass for) and want to know if I should buy it during the Flash Sale beginning Thursday or if I could wait until later. I’m just unfamiliar with the way Six Flags does their Season Pass sales.

Don't wait.

You're basically buying a normal season pass, BUT, with a free gold upgrade, so from what I remember the first time you go to the park it's upgraded.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 65 || Parks: 12 (I need to branch out and visit new parks :lmao: )
Top 10: 1. Millennium Force | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Superman the Ride | 4. Rougarou | 5. Maverick | 6. Raptor (CP) | 7. Gatekeeper | 8. Top Thrill Dragster | 9. Ride of Steel | 10. Tantrum

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:54 am

Darien Lake, a new Six Flags Theme Park, and the Coaster Capital of New York, will debut the tallest attraction in the entire state — the all-new Six Flags SkyScreamer. This giant, 242-foot tall swing ride will reign as the region’s new, iconic symbol, beckoning guests from near and far. Six Flags SkyScreamer swings riders round and round at 35 miles per hour, offering breathtaking views of the countryside below. Additionally, Darien Lake will be rebranded Six Flags Darien Lake when it opens next spring.

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 5.52.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 5.52.40 AM.png
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:39 am.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby PATTYCAKES » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:58 am

One question, why would they use the same name as Marineland's SkyScreamer?

http://www.marinelandcanada.com/attractions/skyscreamer/

Six Flags Darien Lake's new SkyScreamer tower must have to be over 320 feet tall as Marineland's SkyScreamer is 320 feet tall and 450 feet high. This could also be higher than Canada's Wonderland's Windseeker which is 301 feet tall.
Last edited by PATTYCAKES on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:03 am.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:01 am

I mean... More than likely, considering it's Six Flags we're talking about here, they just went with a name that they didn't need to copyright, and that's why they added the "Six Flags" onto the front of it, to differentiate the two coasters, since they're essentially in the same general market.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:02 am

These are one of my favorite flats, so this is a good add for Darien Lake.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Wisp Resort & Fun Fore All

Postby PATTYCAKES » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:05 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:These are one of my favorite flats, so this is a good add for Darien Lake.

There is no question, this is good for Darien Lake, but the name? There are sooo many possibilities but, they wanted to use a name that has been used at Marineland since 2004. People say they want to go on SkyScreamer, they mean the one at Marineland.

Does anyone know how tall this is going to be?

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:21 am

I sent them a message on Facebook messenger and I'll ask in the Six Flags chat later, but for the flash sale the website talks about Platinum, Diamond, Diamond Elite and even gives a comparison but the store only has the season pass and the gold+ membership to purchase. Wondering If this going to be fixed or if they are not offering it yet? I know the perks will be no good until 2019 at SFDL (officially!) but I want to buy it for other parks this weekend and still have Darien Lake as my home park. Might buy a gold pass for the fiancee and a great adventure membership since that will be our first stop. Was hoping to go SFDL though. Oh well.

Oh yeah, and skyscreamer... ;)

Postby PATTYCAKES » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:25 am

Just saw on the Six Flags Darien Lake website. 242 feet tall. Not bad. They almost beat Canada's Wonderland's new dive coaster at 245 feet. This is going to change what Darien Lake looks like, I'm excited! :mickey:
Last edited by PATTYCAKES on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:27 am.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:27 am

"Tallest Thrill Ride in New York" So over 200 I would imagine. Probably around the 230-240 height. (Edit: I just saw the 242 height)

And this is what I mentioned before, everyone... large rides can take a good 2 years to manufacture, so this must have been ordered pretty quickly once the park was signed over and in the hands of Six Flags.
Last edited by John Peck on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:28 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!