Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

P. 954 - Wahoo Wave Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Wagon127 and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Re: Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Postby dnn2031 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:22 am

Getting rebranded according to the main page.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:28 am

Edit

Removed my commentsry. Sorry didn't realize announcement wasn't posted by mods yet.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:54 am

Six Flags Darien Lake, the Thrill Capital of New York State, is excited to announce that its waterpark will become Six Flags Hurricane Harbor and welcome a massive new slide. Wahoo Wave and its one-of-a-kind water wall will elevate the park’s already powerful roster of heat-beating attractions. This adrenaline-packed adventure sends four riders into near vertical surges to experience extended hang times and zero g-forces. Riders plunge 30 feet straight down before sweeping up at high speeds as they arc across the top of a massive water wall, virtually defying gravity before descending into a refreshing pool below.
six flags darien lake wahoo wave.jpg

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby richwoodrocket » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:04 am

DarienPoint wrote:^ I don't get it?

Like I said, I’m disappointed. Would have rather seen a coaster than a water park addition.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby SbSteveZ » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:23 am

Rebranding is fine, but it begs the question of whether or not they’re going to try to make it a second gate again.

Not a big water park fan, but at least now I don’t have to be bummed about a big new ride coming the year I move out of state! Thanks, Disney :)
9C07C3D3-6CE6-4275-95AC-F15A842DB3E5.jpeg
Also, looks like the Riddler Revenge retheme wasn’t announced until April 2018, so I wouldn’t necessarily count out the possibility that some of that may still happen.

Here’s to hoping they picked a water ride in order to spend more on things like that on the dry side of the park.
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Sk610 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:38 am

^Agreed 100%. Hoping a water slide will allow them to focus on some of the "dry ride side" needs that cannot be announced. I'm talking about a roof on Sleigh ride, second trains for ROS and MotoCoaster as well as some lights on the giant wheel. I am going to put those in the general park improvements category that happen every year.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:55 am

Congratulations! Should be fun!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:01 am

Isn't tornado a "better" version of this anyways? Seems like a downgrade / VERY similar experience. Unless I'm missing something. I have not seen the full layout and I've never been on one of these before. At least it will help with capacity.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby SbSteveZ » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:17 am

^ I don’t know that they’re removing anything for this attraction. If not, it’s no big deal to have a larger thrill ride and then something similar for those who want a more moderate thrill. The big thing here is choices. SplashTown, now Hurricane Harbor has quite a nice selection of water rides and what not - though it does have a pretty sad kids area.

Honestly I’d wonder if that’s where this is going. (Where else would it go? Across the bridge? I doubt it...)
Last Coaster: Nitro @ Six Flags Great Adventure
150TH COASTER: The Riddler Revenge @ Six Flags New England
RIDE ON

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby DarienPoint » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:38 am

anonymouscactus wrote:Isn't tornado a "better" version of this anyways? Seems like a downgrade / VERY similar experience. Unless I'm missing something. I have not seen the full layout and I've never been on one of these before. At least it will help with capacity.

It looks strikingly similar to Tsunami Surge at multiple Six Flags parks.

Either way, this is super cool! With the lines our water park gets though, might have to skip out on it.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!