Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby Blind Idiot God » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:18 am

coasterkid124 wrote:
Blind Idiot God wrote:
njcoasterguy34 wrote:I rode Mind Eraser in the back. Oy.

One of my friends came up with the title "Worldstar: The Ride" because riding it if you're not tall is basically like being on the wrong end of a beating. I can do SLCs without any real pain, but anyone below 5'8" is in for a very unpleasant time.

I don't think it's a height problem as much as it is a SLCs suck in general problem.

Well, that too, but I'm somewhere between 6'0" and 6'2" (officially the former but I was taller than a former coworker who was charted at the latter, so who knows) and can ride it without an absurd amount of discomfort. I still generally don't feel great after getting off of it, however.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:44 am

It's not just height. I'm 6'0 but have very broad shoulders. The restraints come down and squeeze my shoulders together, causing a great deal of pain before I even leave the station.

Honestly, SLCs are awful. Just awful.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SingleRider » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:34 am

DevilsFlight wrote:Hi everyone I am going to visit SFNE for the first time in the fall and I had a few questions before I go.
1. Are SFGADV season passes valid at SFNE? I heard they were but I just want to make sure since SFGADV is my home park.
2. What lines can I expect and if they are long, is Flash Pass worth it?
3. In SFGAdv there is a "route" that you can take to get in all the popular rides before the park gets crowded. Is there something similar in SFNE?
I'm only going to be there for 1-2 days so I'd appreciate if I get some advice on what to ride as well.

1. Your season pass does work at SFNE. If you have the Gold pass you will have free parking. If not, be prepared to pay either $25 for regular, $30 (I believe) for preferred parking, or $5-$10 for parking at a bunch of lots that line the street.

2. If you are going in September, then lines should not be too bad as it's a slow time for parks in general, as well as there is the Big E about 20 mins away and that will draw most of the crowds. Beware of traffic jams that may be caused from the Big E though. If you want to ride Wicked Cyclone a lot, be advised that it is only on the Platinum Flash Pass (about $90), not the other two versions.

3. My advice would be to join the rush and go to Wicked Cyclone and New England Sky Screamer first. They are two of the most popular attractions, NESS's line moves slow due to capacity, so get it out of the way early. WC will consistently be around 35-45 mins throughout the day, avoid it during the peak 12pm-4pm hours though as it can get to over an hour. Pandemonium is also near those two rides and gets a big line fast, so do that third. Bizarro is the other top ride, but with two trains the line won't get too bad as long as it's not a Saturday in mid-late October.

Other popular rides are Scream, Goliath, Thunderbolt, Batman, and the Bumper Cars. Personally, I would wait to ride those until a little later in the day, once the crowds die down. If you go back for a second day, try doing Bizarro first, in the front row, before it gets the additional 30 min front row wait.

SFNE is a much compact feeling park than Great Adventure, but provides a lot of thrills. Have fun!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby DevilsFlight » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:39 am

SingleRider wrote:
DevilsFlight wrote:Hi everyone I am going to visit SFNE for the first time in the fall and I had a few questions before I go.
1. Are SFGADV season passes valid at SFNE? I heard they were but I just want to make sure since SFGADV is my home park.
2. What lines can I expect and if they are long, is Flash Pass worth it?
3. In SFGAdv there is a "route" that you can take to get in all the popular rides before the park gets crowded. Is there something similar in SFNE?
I'm only going to be there for 1-2 days so I'd appreciate if I get some advice on what to ride as well.

1. Your season pass does work at SFNE. If you have the Gold pass you will have free parking. If not, be prepared to pay either $25 for regular, $30 (I believe) for preferred parking, or $5-$10 for parking at a bunch of lots that line the street.

2. If you are going in September, then lines should not be too bad as it's a slow time for parks in general, as well as there is the Big E about 20 mins away and that will draw most of the crowds. Beware of traffic jams that may be caused from the Big E though. If you want to ride Wicked Cyclone a lot, be advised that it is only on the Platinum Flash Pass (about $90), not the other two versions.

3. My advice would be to join the rush and go to Wicked Cyclone and New England Sky Screamer first. They are two of the most popular attractions, NESS's line moves slow due to capacity, so get it out of the way early. WC will consistently be around 35-45 mins throughout the day, avoid it during the peak 12pm-4pm hours though as it can get to over an hour. Pandemonium is also near those two rides and gets a big line fast, so do that third. Bizarro is the other top ride, but with two trains the line won't get too bad as long as it's not a Saturday in mid-late October.

Other popular rides are Scream, Goliath, Thunderbolt, Batman, and the Bumper Cars. Personally, I would wait to ride those until a little later in the day, once the crowds die down. If you go back for a second day, try doing Bizarro first, in the front row, before it gets the additional 30 min front row wait.

SFNE is a much compact feeling park than Great Adventure, but provides a lot of thrills. Have fun!

Thank you this helped me a lot! I have been wanting to go for years and Wicked Cyclone just pushed me over the edge :lmao:

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:39 am

The Gold passes are. Go to mypass.sixflags.com to see the benefits available with your season pass.
DevilsFlight wrote:2. What lines can I expect and if they are long, is Flash Pass worth it?

Wicked Cyclone is only available on Platinum Flash Pass, so you may want to get it just for that.
DevilsFlight wrote:3. In SFGAdv there is a "route" that you can take to get in all the popular rides before the park gets crowded. Is there something similar in SFNE?

I can't answer this having been to SFNE only once.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:34 am

DF, what day of the week are you planning on going? I was there yesterday as a single rider and crowds were honestly not bad. Outside of the morning's Bizarro snafu, the longest I waited for any ride was about 40 minutes for Sky Screamer. I didn't wait more than 30 minutes for Wicked Cyclone once. Plus, they have a promotion running that if you buy a WC shirt, they will give you a coupon good for one free access through the WC Flash Pass line. I already knew I was walking out of there with a shirt, so that just pushed me past the tipping point. As much as I love WC, I probably wouldn't spend the money on Platinum just to get in unlimited no-wait re-rides on it when I'm not going to get my money's worth out of everything else in the park (many of which were near walk-ons).
That coaster dad [336] and that coaster kiddo [216]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:37 am

michaellynn4 wrote:It's not just height. I'm 6'0 but have very broad shoulders. The restraints come down and squeeze my shoulders together, causing a great deal of pain before I even leave the station.

Honestly, SLCs are awful. Just awful.

Im 5-10 and only 175 pounds. Iv never had an issue on an SLC. Hold your head as far forward as it can go
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby DevilsFlight » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:04 pm

coneyislandchris wrote:DF, what day of the week are you planning on going? I was there yesterday as a single rider and crowds were honestly not bad. Outside of the morning's Bizarro snafu, the longest I waited for any ride was about 40 minutes for Sky Screamer. I didn't wait more than 30 minutes for Wicked Cyclone once. Plus, they have a promotion running that if you buy a WC shirt, they will give you a coupon good for one free access through the WC Flash Pass line. I already knew I was walking out of there with a shirt, so that just pushed me past the tipping point. As much as I love WC, I probably wouldn't spend the money on Platinum just to get in unlimited no-wait re-rides on it when I'm not going to get my money's worth out of everything else in the park (many of which were near walk-ons).

Probably either Thursday or Friday. No later than Saturday. If not I'll probably wait until Monday.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby tylerthecreator » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Will it be possible to ride the main rides in only 4 hours? My dad has a handicapped leg so lines are not an issue?
El toro fan boy
Top 5:
5. Mako 4. Lightning Racer 3. Nitro 2. Skyrush 1. El Toro

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Blind Idiot God » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:19 pm

Four hours is more than enough time to ride all the flagship attractions.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!