TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Are we sure that those times are correct? My experience this summer with just about every Six Flags park's posted wait times has been that you can't rely on it at all. When I went to SFNE early in the season it quoted a 60-minute line for Superman when the reality was that it was at the bottom of the stairs (they were still running both trains then too). Goliath at SFOG posted a 45 minute time when it was a walk-on, same for Twisted Cyclone, which posted 90 minutes. LaRonde's last week said an hour for Goliath and 30 minutes for Vampire, when the former was a station wait and I walked onto the front row of the latter.

Great Adventure's last week was slightly more accurate, saying 40 minutes for El Toro (it was about 15-20) and 15 for Nitro (one-train station wait), so still overblown by at least doubling the real wait times.

So if it reopens, anyone wanna take bets on how many full cycles with riders it will make before it goes down for the rest of the season? I'm putting my money on 7, but I'm worried it might be an over estimate.

Futuristic Thrill Ride Coming to Six Flags New England in 2019

Cyborg Debuts a New Dimension of Thrills

Agawam, MA. — August 30, 2018 —Six Flags New England, the Thrill Capital of New England, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced its thrilling lineup for the 2019 season. The hi-tech Cyborg attraction, inspired by the DC Super Hero, will premiere in 2019.

“Innovation is part of the Six Flags DNA and Cyborg is a groundbreaking, new attraction that delivers an immersive dark ride experience with incredible special effects,” said Park President Pete Carmichael. “Our DC-branded attractions are extremely popular with our guests and we are excited to add this action-packed ride bearing Cyborg’s name to an already epic lineup of DC Super Hero and Super-Villain attractions in our DC Super Hero Adventures area.”

The CYBORG attraction is an extreme new dark ride experience. Cyborg invites guests to S.T.A.R. Labs to witness a new technological device when the sentient cybernetic system called THE GRID hacks into the mainframe and takes control of the entire lab. Riders find themselves caught up in the battle, spinning and whirling mercilessly through the air, while Cyborg wrestles to regain control of the enormous machine. This thrilling, new attraction offers 360 degrees of pure, heart-pounding adrenaline.

Ride highlights include:

· 24 riders sitting in an outward facing position;

· Quick acceleration reaching maximum speeds while guests whirl through countless rotations of spinning insanity;

· A DC Super Hero story line featuring Cyborg’s battle with an evil DC Super-Villain; and

· State-of-the-art lighting and sound effects.

For more information about Cyborg and next season at Six Flags New England, visit https://www.sixflags.com/newengland/newfor2019.

208083363_SFNE2019Cyborg1s.thumb.jpg.cfa5577424722fe40cd53555c8c6c22c.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

I'm pretty sure this is a Tourbillon ride, like the Cyborg ride at SFGAdv and Harley Quinn Spinsanity at SFOT.

I'm curious where it'll be located. I would guess in the DC area with most of the other DC themed rides, but it's getting pretty crowded over there!

The photo looks like a Chance Freestyle like the one Great Escape added this year. Since that'd make Kryptonite (the current wipeout redundant), I'm guessing that may be removed.

I'm guessing this will be down near Superman somewhere.

They could either put it in Kryptonite's plot in an entirely new building or they could put it in the Hall of Justice where Joker's Wildcard once was. I'm hoping for the latter since it'd free up a good plot to work with in the future.

Having ridden Pandemonium, the Freestyle is an improvement over the standard wipeout and Worlds of Fun's Cyclone Sam's showed me just how awesome these types of rides can be if they're placed indoors with effects. Great addition!

^ Only bummer about putting it near Superman is that area wasn't part of HITP last year and it'd be nice to have another indoor ride when the temperature plummets.

Maybe they'll add that area to HITP. I've been dreaming of a December with either Superman or Wicked Cyclone available.

^ Only bummer about putting it near Superman is that area wasn't part of HITP last year and it'd be nice to have another indoor ride when the temperature plummets.

Agreed. This park needs indoor, temperature controlled rides desperately but I'd bet the house that this is going in that building next to Superman so it won't be open for Holiday in the Park anyway.

That aside, it looks like a ton of fun.

While Maxx Force was easily my favorite announcement from the chain, this is the most intriguing. I'm really excited to see how they tackle the storyline, it's pretty cool to see this sort of theming on a flat. Congrats to the SFNE locals!

Well Goliath was running today.....was.....they’re currently evacuating it....it’s stuck right below the second tower....unsure why but appears at least the ride stopped at a place they designed it to do this - right over platform with stair access....not sure if it was on its way up or coming down

Poor Goliath...

Well Goliath was running today.....was.....they’re currently evacuating it....it’s stuck right below the second tower....unsure why but appears at least the ride stopped at a place they designed it to do this - right over platform with stair access....not sure if it was on its way up or coming down

Poor Goliath...

Catch car mis-catch, basically the catch car on the second lift failed to grab the train and it eventually valleys in the location with the steps.

Poor Goliath...

Catch car mis-catch, basically the catch car on the second lift failed to grab the train and it eventually valleys in the location with the steps.

Ive also seen it catch and immediately lower it down, believe there is a TPR video of a GIB doing that

^Interesting.....it was so perfectly lined up with the platform and stairs I wonder if it was the whole catch and lower thing.....any number of reasons why computer might do that I’m sure.....when I watched a couple

Cycles today Goliath definitely seemed slow on the boomerang section coming back....like really slow....

^Interesting.....it was so perfectly lined up with the platform and stairs I wonder if it was the whole catch and lower thing.....any number of reasons why computer might do that I’m sure.....when I watched a couple

Cycles today Goliath definitely seemed slow on the boomerang section coming back....like really slow....