Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 753 - Cyborg Ride Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: Mike240SX and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby thrillrider » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:26 am

To be fair, it only ran 1 of the 3 days we were at the park.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:32 am

Futuristic Thrill Ride Coming to Six Flags New England in 2019

Cyborg Debuts a New Dimension of Thrills

Agawam, MA. — August 30, 2018 —Six Flags New England, the Thrill Capital of New England, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced its thrilling lineup for the 2019 season. The hi-tech Cyborg attraction, inspired by the DC Super Hero, will premiere in 2019.

“Innovation is part of the Six Flags DNA and Cyborg is a groundbreaking, new attraction that delivers an immersive dark ride experience with incredible special effects,” said Park President Pete Carmichael. “Our DC-branded attractions are extremely popular with our guests and we are excited to add this action-packed ride bearing Cyborg’s name to an already epic lineup of DC Super Hero and Super-Villain attractions in our DC Super Hero Adventures area.”

The CYBORG attraction is an extreme new dark ride experience. Cyborg invites guests to S.T.A.R. Labs to witness a new technological device when the sentient cybernetic system called THE GRID hacks into the mainframe and takes control of the entire lab. Riders find themselves caught up in the battle, spinning and whirling mercilessly through the air, while Cyborg wrestles to regain control of the enormous machine. This thrilling, new attraction offers 360 degrees of pure, heart-pounding adrenaline.

Ride highlights include:

· 24 riders sitting in an outward facing position;

· Quick acceleration reaching maximum speeds while guests whirl through countless rotations of spinning insanity;

· A DC Super Hero story line featuring Cyborg’s battle with an evil DC Super-Villain; and

· State-of-the-art lighting and sound effects.

For more information about Cyborg and next season at Six Flags New England, visit https://www.sixflags.com/newengland/newfor2019.
SFNE 2019 Cyborg 1s.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:39 am.

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:39 am

Is that a Chance Freestyle? Good that it's indoors.

Edited cause I said Discovery instead of Freestyle
Last edited by Rollercoaster Rider on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:39 am.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:42 am

I'm pretty sure this is a Tourbillon ride, like the Cyborg ride at SFGAdv and Harley Quinn Spinsanity at SFOT.

I'm curious where it'll be located. I would guess in the DC area with most of the other DC themed rides, but it's getting pretty crowded over there!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:01 am

The photo looks like a Chance Freestyle like the one Great Escape added this year. Since that'd make Kryptonite (the current wipeout redundant), I'm guessing that may be removed.

I'm guessing this will be down near Superman somewhere.
They could either put it in Kryptonite's plot in an entirely new building or they could put it in the Hall of Justice where Joker's Wildcard once was. I'm hoping for the latter since it'd free up a good plot to work with in the future.

Having ridden Pandemonium, the Freestyle is an improvement over the standard wipeout and Worlds of Fun's Cyclone Sam's showed me just how awesome these types of rides can be if they're placed indoors with effects. Great addition!
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Beech Bend & Holiday World

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:08 am

^Ahhh, you're right. It's not a Tourbillon, but rather some kind of "dark ride experience." If it's like those other things you described (or even Houdini), that sounds pretty cool to me!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:10 am

^ Only bummer about putting it near Superman is that area wasn't part of HITP last year and it'd be nice to have another indoor ride when the temperature plummets.

Maybe they'll add that area to HITP. I've been dreaming of a December with either Superman or Wicked Cyclone available.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Beech Bend & Holiday World

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:16 am

I love indoor flats! This is great news!

#bringbackTombRaider

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:32 am

Looks like a ton of fun! Congrats!

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:16 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ Only bummer about putting it near Superman is that area wasn't part of HITP last year and it'd be nice to have another indoor ride when the temperature plummets.

Agreed. This park needs indoor, temperature controlled rides desperately but I'd bet the house that this is going in that building next to Superman so it won't be open for Holiday in the Park anyway.

That aside, it looks like a ton of fun.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!