Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1050: 2020 park and water park additions announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby PATTYCAKES » Sun May 12, 2019 8:11 pm

defrocker wrote:No plans for getting Fastlane.

I would like to hit most of the coasters and the unique flats. However, I'm not going wait forever for a garbage ride if that's what it comes down to.

Get on Yukon Striker first. Stand in the single rider line and you might even be able to get on 2 or 3 times while other people are still lined up for Thunder Run and Guardian. :mickey:

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Johnlloyd » Mon May 13, 2019 7:19 am

Doppel Looping wrote:
SK4494 wrote:I honestly wonder if CW is ever going to retheme Drop Tower to something Medieval themed since the themeing of the ride doesn't fit the location it's in.

Like a guillotine?

It would be nice to have Drop Tower fit in with the Medieval Faire section. Even if the name were not to change, it would fit in better with a new colour scheme, similar to what they did with the Drop Tower at California's Great America this past off-season. Although maybe having it painted with different accents of browns and yellows would be more suitable for a Medieval theme. :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Mon May 13, 2019 3:44 pm

I think having it themed to four giant guillotines would be the single greatest theming move ever. They could still call it drop zone. Or maybe just for haunt at the very least since I'm sure it would stir up some controversy for the regular season... put in some screaming sound effects, a falling head into a basket...

Postby PATTYCAKES » Tue May 14, 2019 3:31 am

PATTYCAKES wrote:

I would like to hit most of the coasters and the unique flats. However, I'm not going wait forever for a garbage ride if that's what it comes down to.

Get on Yukon Striker first. Stand in the single rider line and you might even be able to get on 2 or 3 times while other people are still lined up for Thunder Run and Guardian. Guardian is one of those 'garbage rides' that take forever to get on for a very lame ride.

:mickey:

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Honorarius » Tue May 14, 2019 4:54 am

Until they start using the single-rider line properly, I'd suggest using it instead of the regular line...

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby defrocker » Tue May 14, 2019 6:27 am

PATTYCAKES wrote:
PATTYCAKES wrote:

Get on Yukon Striker first. Stand in the single rider line and you might even be able to get on 2 or 3 times while other people are still lined up for Thunder Run and Guardian.

Guardian is one of those 'garbage rides' that take forever to get on for a very lame ride.

Guardian is one that we are interested in doing. I was assuming that rope-dropping it would be a priority?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue May 14, 2019 6:34 am

Why the Wonder Mountain Guardian hate? We love that thing.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue May 14, 2019 6:47 am

I've only ridden Guardian once and I really liked it. Assuming they've maintained it, I'm looking forward to getting back on it.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Funtown U.S.A. & Palace Playland

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Married a Canadian » Tue May 14, 2019 9:56 am

Guardian is one that we are interested in doing. I was assuming that rope-dropping it would be a priority?

Why the Wonder Mountain Guardian hate? We love that thing

Subjective opinions I suppose. Personally I like it, and it is different from your normal coaster...different theme, game element attached to it and a nice ending.
No fastlane...line gets long...so yes...rope drop would be a good idea...and then same for Thunder run.
Top Rides:
1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Twisted Timbers 4 Apollo's Chariot 5 Skyrush 6 Maverick 7 Iron Rattler 8 Leviathan (front row) 9 Phantom's Revenge 10 Millennium Force 11 Manta 12 Saw The ride 13 Mako

Postby PATTYCAKES » Tue May 14, 2019 2:24 pm

defrocker wrote:
PATTYCAKES wrote:
PATTYCAKES wrote:

Get on Yukon Striker first. Stand in the single rider line and you might even be able to get on 2 or 3 times while other people are still lined up for Thunder Run and Guardian.

Guardian is one of those 'garbage rides' that take forever to get on for a very lame ride.

We all had this discussion when they first put this ride in the mountain and I am not starting again with you, Bill. If you have ever been on Spider-man or Harry Potter at Universal Orlando, then you will be disappointed in waiting in line for Guardian. For me, I do go on it a couple of times a year now but I will wait a maximum of 15 minutes only because I don't live near Universal. If I didn't have a season pass, then I would not want to waste my time with this ride. I will leave this choice up to you, defrocker. Please let us all know what you think of Wonder Mountain's Guardian. :mickey:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!