TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Okay, I get it. If you don't live near Wonderland and still come a couple of times, then a season pass is worth it and a fast lane is worth it too. I just don't get it, if you live across the street and buy a fast lane. However, if you live across the street, then I guess you can afford to throw money away. That's what I am trying to say.

Okay, I get it. If you don't live near Wonderland and still come a couple of times, then a season pass is worth it and a fast lane is worth it too. I just don't get it, if you live across the street and buy a fast lane. However, if you live across the street, then I guess you can afford to throw money away. That's what I am trying to say.

If you live close and have the money buy the fast lane season pass! You may actually be able to use it enough to make it worth it. Quick 30 minute in and out run for a fast lane ride on YS, Behemoth and grab some food to go - would be a perfect way to end the daily commute!

Looking good!

Definitely looking forward to riding this. I'm glad there's finally a quality inverting coaster in the lineup.

I'm very slightly concerned about the vests after having ridden Banshee several times, but only slightly. Even on Banshee they weren't a huge deal, but they were a bit uncomfortably tight on my shoulders (I'm 6'4").

Regardless, it's exciting, and I can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of possibly going there next summer, however, I have never been anywhere outside of the United States. With that being said, is it hard to cross into Canada with an Enhanced License? I already have one but I never used it. How does that whole process at the border work? I would have to imagine that they're probably not just going to look at the card and let me pass right away without some sort of process.

How does that whole process at the border work? I would have to imagine that they're probably not just going to look at the card and let me pass right away without some sort of process.

That's basically it. They might ask where you're headed, how long you're going to be there or what you have in the car. It's a pretty straightforward common sense process that generally takes like 60 seconds.

Remember to call your phone company and a talk text and data plan for Canada (which is usually like a few bucks a day) and turn roaming on. Aside from that there's really nothing you need to do before heading up there. Gas up in America, Canadian gas prices are bullsh*t.

You'll also get a lot less flack saying you're going to Canada's Wonderland/Niagara Falls than La Ronde.

I got stopped and searched when I tried to re-enter the US after going to La Ronde. Border Patrol (and many on this site) couldn't believe I'd drive to Canada just to go to that park.

Looking good!

Definitely looking forward to riding this. I'm glad there's finally a quality inverting coaster in the lineup.

I'm very slightly concerned about the vests after having ridden Banshee several times, but only slightly. Even on Banshee they weren't a huge deal, but they were a bit uncomfortably tight on my shoulders (I'm 6'4").

Regardless, it's exciting, and I can't wait.

Banshee had my least favorite B&M vest restraints of any that I'd been on, because whatever smooth plastic-like material covered them had worn off, so they kinda stuck to your shirt and didn't allow any movement. Others, like on Gatekeeper or Valravn were just fine though.

Canada's Wonderland has sent us some new Yukon Striker construction photos and video as the installation of the coaster track nears completion. Here's a summary of where they're at with the project so far:

YS_dropandImmelmann.thumb.JPG.467ea7f5fe770613e567b9cd257ba731.JPG

Currently, the track is about 90% complete – we are finishing our helix today and next week will turn to our 360-degree loop, Immelmann #2 and connect it to the mid-course brake run. The entire coaster consists of 107 track pieces and 42 support columns. The largest column is 63 metres high and over a metre in diameter. In the new year our trains will arrive, we’ll finish building the station, queue lines, complete landscaping and install canopies, lighting and sound systems. And of course, we’ll do a LOT of testing.

[twitter]

[/twitter]

YS-lifthill.thumb.JPG.f1fcdb613e75c07009caf9466a3cd46a.JPG

YS_dropandhelix.thumb.JPG.f55a7ab765478883101a9ee76d9f09d5.JPG

YS_dropandhelix2.thumb.JPG.49dab2ff4cf02694a6cff44dfb123de0.JPG

YS_dropandhelix3.thumb.JPG.e11e1b0af182c49e2dfd65510379a594.JPG

YS_dropandtunnel.thumb.JPG.6c4f9dc4ac31edf9d93273f971f10db0.JPG

All that's left is the vertical loop as far as track is concerned. The rest of the off season will be focused on Frontier Canada. I hope they don't half ass it with details. We've had it pretty good weather wise so far so I hope we are a little more ahead with building. And I would appreciate if we grow new trees for all the ones we lost because of this project.

An interesting read I found while Farking at Drew's Fark.com:

Not news: father and son bond by building a thing together. News: they're building an amusement ride. Fark: they're ironworkers building the tallest and fastest dive roller coaster in the world .

https://www.cbc.ca/news/indigenous/mohawk-ironworkers-yukon-striker-canada-s-wonderland-1.4934007?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

I'm curious to see if next season they take an off year like the past two B&Ms or they make another addition. There is now a new hill beside the wave pool plus an Action Theatre and Dinos area that will presumably be dormant for the 2019 season.

Btw, has anyone seen any construction starting for the "2020" hotel?

• 4 weeks later...

Marking my calendar as a snowstorm brings the city to a standstill.

I looked at the website under the early ride times section and the 3 main areas are: leviathan, behemoth and lumberjack/ vortex.

Do you think they have forgotten to update the site with yukon striker or is it not going to be part of the ERT schedule this year?

to answer my own question, it has pictures of the above 3 areas with the text:

"From 9:00am - 10:00am on Sundays during our 2019 season, Season Passholders and Gold Passholders get special early access to some of our most popular attractions including Leviathan, Behemoth, and our all-new rides world recording breaking dive coaster, Yukon Striker!"

Do you think they have forgotten to update the site with yukon striker or is it not going to be part of the ERT schedule this year?

Literally the first thing on the page under the heading says "2019 Early Ride Time information COMING SOON!" with "COMING SOON" in all caps and an exclamation point.

I'll be there on Jun. 4th! Coming all the way from Alabama just to visit Canada's Wonderland for the first time!

Awesome, enjoy!

PS: For anyone traveling a super long distance *just* to visit Wonderland I really do want to stress again that Niagara Falls is 90 minutes away.

I'll be there on Jun. 4th! Coming all the way from Alabama just to visit Canada's Wonderland for the first time!

Awesome, enjoy!

PS: For anyone traveling a super long distance *just* to visit Wonderland I really do want to stress again that Niagara Falls is 90 minutes away.

AND a fantastic Arrow Mountain Looper

Awesome, enjoy!

I'm strongly debating that option considering the last time I visited Niagara Falls I was ten years old. And I would love to get that credit at Marineland as well. But who knows . . . I might surprise myself.