TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I was wondering how people where able to keep track of their spins and what the records area! Like I mentioned in my first post haven't been to park yet this year to check it out. Let along didn't catch that during construction LOL LOL So pretty awesome you can watch others try and spin and ones who have get the ticker up high!

[attachment=0]IMG_1570.JPG[/attachment]

it stops counting the revolutions at some point towards the end. i did at least 37 flips. you can hear the lock clicking as you keep spinning at the end but i was spinning too fast for it to stop.

then i sat down for a bit...

So I went to Canada's Wonderland for the first time ever yesterday. I rode all the coasters except the kiddie coasters, the boomerang, and the powered "coaster". I only rode each of them once because my feet were killing me after walking around Niagara Falls during the day Saturday and standing through a two-hour concert at the Hard Rock Cafe in Niagara Falls Saturday night.

I got a score of about 232,000 and change when I rode Wonder Mountain's Guardian. I don't know how that compares to other people's scores, but I think I did pretty well. I got to ride Sledgehammer, and that was an interesting experience. I rode Behemoth before I rode Leviathan because I didn't want my ride on the latter to spoil my ride on the former. I have to say I prefer T3 at Kentucky Kingdom or The Great Nor'easter at Morey's Piers to the SLC at Canada's Wonderland. At least the restraints were padded, unlike Mind Eraser at SFNE before it got the new trains.

All in all, I quite enjoyed my day at Canada's Wonderland.

I just went for my first time about 4 days ago. I was pleasantly surprised by this park! It's gorgeous, and has a great selection of coasters vs flat rides vs atmosphere. And to my utter, utter surprise, I actually did not think Time Warp was actually all that bad. Maybe it's because I went in with low, low expectations, but I experienced very little roughness. My husband, who's taller, did have some pain in his shoulders, but even he thought there's worse out there. The wooden coasters,while not really noteworthy, weren't terrible either.

Also very surprised by Vortex... makes me wish Ninja at SFMM were up to those standards! And the flat ride selection is amazing. I got on Sledgehammer as well. Had more headbanging on that than Time Warp! Shivering Timbers was a first for me, but was not as good as I was hoping it would be. A traditional space roller seems better, and the operations are not quick due to the poor design of the restraints. As an overall whole, though, I found the ops were great... it was amazing to see them running to check restraints. I don't think I've ever seen that in SFMM, haha.

Was sad the year-round hanted house wasn't there anymore. When did it leave, and where was it located before?

Edgeboy, there has never been a year-round haunted house open to the public. However, most of Wonderland's Halloween Haunt mazes are indeed set up, in tents and in the mountain, but these have never been open to the public during the regular season.

I don't known where you heard that. It sounds like the rumour people used to say back in the 80's, when the mountain use to rotate at 12 noon everyday.

Edgeboy, there has never been a year-round haunted house open to the public. However, most of Wonderland's Halloween Haunt mazes are indeed set up, in tents and in the mountain, but these have never been open to the public during the regular season.

I don't known where you heard that. It sounds like the rumour people used to say back in the 80's, when the mountain use to rotate at 12 noon everyday.

If you look at his reply comment, he corrected his mistake and realized it was the Maison Rouge at La Ronde. Although, it would be neat to have a year round haunted attraction outside of the Halloween Haunt season at Canada's Wonderland.

I am going tomorrow. Anyone know how crowds are like on the Tuesday after a long weekend?

The crowds should be quite decent, based on previous experience of visiting the park after a long weekend. Enjoy your day at the park!

• 2 weeks later...

Two New Rides, Expanded Splash Area Coming to Canada’s Wonderland for 2018!

Canada’s Wonderland will be adding two new rides, Lumberjack and Flying Canoes, along with an expanded play and splash area for children in 2018! From new thrills, to family fun, to splash zones, the upcoming season will provide new experiences and memories for the whole family.

1069033968_ScreenShot2017-08-16at09_24_01.thumb.png.167536120bd66656fba35a85cae05026.png

693207741_ScreenShot2017-08-16at09_24_08.thumb.png.235cf2f5a6c4dfe433e538a90078cb5c.png

2119623537_ScreenShot2017-08-16at09_24_14.thumb.png.8ca7abef33f7d31d13c9290040d3e38c.png

Vaughan, ON, Aug. 16, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Canada’s Wonderland will be adding two new rides, Lumberjack and Flying Canoes, along with an expanded play and splash area for children in 2018.

Lumberjack is a thrill ride that will take guests soaring to heights of 75 feet (21m) on two swinging axe pendulums, propelling them into a looping 360 degree experience.

Flying Canoes is an interactive family ride that will allow riders to control their journey of flight in two-person canoes that rotate speedily around a circuit.

Splash Island’s children’s pool in Splash Works will be expanded to double its size and feature all-new interactive spray features.

“Each year, we are dedicated to providing our guests with new world-class thrills and family entertainment,” Canada’s Wonderland vice president and general manager Norm Pirtovshek said. “For the 2018 season, our three new attractions will add to our diverse collection of rides and experiences that will capture the imagination of thrill seekers of all ages.”

2018 Season Passes are now on sale for the lowest price of the year, and include unlimited visits in 2018 plus one free visit during the remainder of the 2017 season, excluding Halloween Haunt. For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit www.canadaswonderland.com. The best offer ends October 29, 2017.

Edited by SharkTums

I was expecting a Planet Snoopy Expansion, but this is a very nice surprise! I'm glad that Canada's Wonderland always goes for more than one Ride genre for new additions. Lumberjack looks like a well themed flat ride and will most certainly be more comfortable than the defunct Jet Screeam! Flying Canoes looks very interesting, and will be fun for families, and I can't wait to see how it runs! The Splash Island expansion, while not as exciting, will be a welcome addition to the ever-growing water park. All sorts of guests will love the new additions, and 2018 will be yet another successful year for Canada's Wonderland!

I Really like how Wonderland is going to be adding these as part of their already great collection. I think Wonderland should be dubbed as the Flat Ride Capital of the World! I wasn't ever a fan of JetScream but the Lumberjack Ride surly makes up for the missing ride type of Jetscream, At least or I think it won't Stay upside down like JetScream did and having to pendulums side by side flipping will be a great experience. I also think throughout the 2018 Season we will see more signs and teasers and more prep work for 2019 Coaster(I Hope!)

Two New Rides, Expanded Splash Area Coming to Canada’s Wonderland for 2018!

Canada’s Wonderland will be adding two new rides, Lumberjack and Flying Canoes, along with an expanded play and splash area for children in 2018! From new thrills, to family fun, to splash zones, the upcoming season will provide new experiences and memories for the whole family.

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 09.24.01.png[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 09.24.08.png[/attachment]

[attachment=2]Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 09.24.14.png[/attachment]

Vaughan, ON, Aug. 16, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Canada’s Wonderland will be adding two new rides, Lumberjack and Flying Canoes, along with an expanded play and splash area for children in 2018.

Lumberjack is a thrill ride that will take guests soaring to heights of 75 feet (21m) on two swinging axe pendulums, propelling them into a looping 360 degree experience.

Flying Canoes is an interactive family ride that will allow riders to control their journey of flight in two-person canoes that rotate speedily around a circuit.

Splash Island’s children’s pool in Splash Works will be expanded to double its size and feature all-new interactive spray features.

“Each year, we are dedicated to providing our guests with new world-class thrills and family entertainment,” Canada’s Wonderland vice president and general manager Norm Pirtovshek said. “For the 2018 season, our three new attractions will add to our diverse collection of rides and experiences that will capture the imagination of thrill seekers of all ages.”

2018 Season Passes are now on sale for the lowest price of the year, and include unlimited visits in 2018 plus one free visit during the remainder of the 2017 season, excluding Halloween Haunt. For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit http://www.canadaswonderland.com. The best offer ends October 29, 2017.