Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 877 - Two new flat rides coming in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Johnlloyd » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:56 am

1 Week ban from TPR.
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:24 am.
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:24 am

Two New Rides, Expanded Splash Area Coming to Canada’s Wonderland for 2018!

Canada’s Wonderland will be adding two new rides, Lumberjack and Flying Canoes, along with an expanded play and splash area for children in 2018! From new thrills, to family fun, to splash zones, the upcoming season will provide new experiences and memories for the whole family.

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 09.24.01.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 09.24.08.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 09.24.14.png

Vaughan, ON, Aug. 16, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Canada’s Wonderland will be adding two new rides, Lumberjack and Flying Canoes, along with an expanded play and splash area for children in 2018.

Lumberjack is a thrill ride that will take guests soaring to heights of 75 feet (21m) on two swinging axe pendulums, propelling them into a looping 360 degree experience.

Flying Canoes is an interactive family ride that will allow riders to control their journey of flight in two-person canoes that rotate speedily around a circuit.

Splash Island’s children’s pool in Splash Works will be expanded to double its size and feature all-new interactive spray features.

“Each year, we are dedicated to providing our guests with new world-class thrills and family entertainment,” Canada’s Wonderland vice president and general manager Norm Pirtovshek said. “For the 2018 season, our three new attractions will add to our diverse collection of rides and experiences that will capture the imagination of thrill seekers of all ages.”

2018 Season Passes are now on sale for the lowest price of the year, and include unlimited visits in 2018 plus one free visit during the remainder of the 2017 season, excluding Halloween Haunt. For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit www.canadaswonderland.com. The best offer ends October 29, 2017.
Last edited by SharkTums on Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:25 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:28 am

Excellent! This seems to be the same model as Meteor at Dorney based on the rendering. If so, I wholeheartedly approve.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby average.coaster.fan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:33 am

I was expecting a Planet Snoopy Expansion, but this is a very nice surprise! I'm glad that Canada's Wonderland always goes for more than one Ride genre for new additions. Lumberjack looks like a well themed flat ride and will most certainly be more comfortable than the defunct Jet Screeam! Flying Canoes looks very interesting, and will be fun for families, and I can't wait to see how it runs! The Splash Island expansion, while not as exciting, will be a welcome addition to the ever-growing water park. All sorts of guests will love the new additions, and 2018 will be yet another successful year for Canada's Wonderland!
Steel: 102 Wood: 19 Overall: 121
Top 5 Steel: Skyrush, Kumba, i305, Fury 325, Montu
Top 5 Wood: Thunderhead, White Lightning, Grizzly (KD), Thunder Road, Comet

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby WolfBobs » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:34 am

Is it wrong of me to want the 5 people in the center canoe to be likenesses of the Griswalds?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:38 am

Zamperla Hawks are good flats. Canada's Wonderland just keeps getting stronger and stronger in that area.

Also is it just me or does Cedar Fair seem to have a fetish for wood and timber themed rides lately?
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:41 am

For comparison sake, the Viking ship rides (Berserker KD, Southern Star Carowinds, etc.) reach 80 ft. so Lumberjack's height will be very similar to those.

Once again, solid unique additions for Canada's Wonderland! Looks great.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DjKojackCanada » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:44 am

I Really like how Wonderland is going to be adding these as part of their already great collection. I think Wonderland should be dubbed as the Flat Ride Capital of the World! I wasn't ever a fan of JetScream but the Lumberjack Ride surly makes up for the missing ride type of Jetscream, At least or I think it won't Stay upside down like JetScream did and having to pendulums side by side flipping will be a great experience. I also think throughout the 2018 Season we will see more signs and teasers and more prep work for 2019 Coaster(I Hope!)
robbalvey wrote:Two New Rides, Expanded Splash Area Coming to Canada’s Wonderland for 2018!

Canada’s Wonderland will be adding two new rides, Lumberjack and Flying Canoes, along with an expanded play and splash area for children in 2018! From new thrills, to family fun, to splash zones, the upcoming season will provide new experiences and memories for the whole family.

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 09.24.01.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 09.24.08.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 09.24.14.png

Vaughan, ON, Aug. 16, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Canada’s Wonderland will be adding two new rides, Lumberjack and Flying Canoes, along with an expanded play and splash area for children in 2018.

Lumberjack is a thrill ride that will take guests soaring to heights of 75 feet (21m) on two swinging axe pendulums, propelling them into a looping 360 degree experience.

Flying Canoes is an interactive family ride that will allow riders to control their journey of flight in two-person canoes that rotate speedily around a circuit.

Splash Island’s children’s pool in Splash Works will be expanded to double its size and feature all-new interactive spray features.

“Each year, we are dedicated to providing our guests with new world-class thrills and family entertainment,” Canada’s Wonderland vice president and general manager Norm Pirtovshek said. “For the 2018 season, our three new attractions will add to our diverse collection of rides and experiences that will capture the imagination of thrill seekers of all ages.”

2018 Season Passes are now on sale for the lowest price of the year, and include unlimited visits in 2018 plus one free visit during the remainder of the 2017 season, excluding Halloween Haunt. For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit http://www.canadaswonderland.com. The best offer ends October 29, 2017.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:45 am

I don't hate the addition: I think Wonderland's collection of flats is about as strong as anything anywhere. But I'm also a bit like "Maybe build some more indoor stuff? You're in Toronto?"

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:47 am

How about that Ziz? :lol:

Nah, these flats look great. Shame they didn't call one of them Ziz tho.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!