Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:49 pm

^ This is a pretty common bit of advice, but make sure you get there early. They usually open Twisted Colossus a half hour before the park's official opening so you can usually get 3-4 rides with almost no wait if you're one of the first ones in the park.

Not sure which hotel you're staying at, but I stayed at the Wingate right down the street from the park 2 years ago and felt perfectly comfortable dropping my luggage off with them while I visited the park. I got everything back.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Belmont Park & Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:54 pm

That's where I'm staying. I stayed there two years ago as well and I did do that, but I didn't feel right about it. I got all my stuff back so I don't know why I'm suddenly concerned about it... but you raise a good point so maybe I'll just do that. I'll be there early enough to get in there by 9:30 and get a bunch of laps on TC, at least that's the plan. If I cut out dealing with a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo maybe I'll get more than one ride in.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby TEDodd » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:56 pm

coasterbill wrote:Labor Day Saturday was a ghost town. We rode every coaster, Monster Mansion, Flume and Sky Bucket (including 3 re-rides on Twisted Cyclone) in 3 hours without Flash Pass.
Yet Sunday was packed. Grr!

Wanted to go Sat but too many other commitments to get there. Now you pour salt in the wound.
Last edited by TEDodd on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:11 pm.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:57 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ This is a pretty common bit of advice, but make sure you get there early. They usually open Twisted Colossus a half hour before the park's official opening so you can usually get 3-4 rides with almost no wait if you're one of the first ones in the park.

Yep, that's going to be my plan for Sunday, I'm going to pop into the park Saturday late afternoon / evening to process all my membership stuff so I can go right in with no problems for spins on Twisted Cyclone in the morning (when, thankfully, the weather is forecast to still be nice).
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:08 pm

boldikus wrote:That's where I'm staying. I stayed there two years ago as well and I did do that, but I didn't feel right about it. I got all my stuff back so I don't know why I'm suddenly concerned about it... but you raise a good point so maybe I'll just do that. I'll be there early enough to get in there by 9:30 and get a bunch of laps on TC, at least that's the plan. If I cut out dealing with a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo maybe I'll get more than one ride in.

If you bring your bag into the park, you'll miss the chance at a few walk-ons on Twisted Cyclone while you put your bag in the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo.

A.J. wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:^ This is a pretty common bit of advice, but make sure you get there early. They usually open Twisted Colossus a half hour before the park's official opening so you can usually get 3-4 rides with almost no wait if you're one of the first ones in the park.

Yep, that's going to be my plan for Sunday, I'm going to pop into the park Saturday late afternoon / evening to process all my membership stuff so I can go right in with no problems for spins on Twisted Cyclone in the morning (when, thankfully, the weather is forecast to still be nice).

As I found out a few weeks ago, the queue building for Twisted Cyclone is so small that even a full queue could only hold a 40-45 minute wait. I waited in that once since Flash Pass required me to wait 30 minutes per ride and I wanted to double up at the end of the day.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Belmont Park & Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Postby TEDodd » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:17 pm

@boldikus last week I got storage at Scorcher and it was $5 for all day and movable throughout the park.

I'm now tempted to come back Sunday and try to catch up with you and @A.J.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby bgtlover » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:47 pm

boldikus wrote:6. Do you guys think I'll look like a douchebag riding the mine train alone? :lol:

Of course not. I've done it before. There is no shame in riding anything they allow you to safely ride...at any park. ;)
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Postby TEDodd » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:42 pm

bgtlover wrote:
boldikus wrote:6. Do you guys think I'll look like a douchebag riding the mine train alone?

Of course not. I've done it before. There is no shame in riding anything they allow you to safely ride...at any park. ;)
Amen. Ride whatever you want.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby ArgoZ » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:01 pm

boldikus wrote:^ Are they not allowing even glasses w/ a strap on TC? I just recently got a strap and have been enjoying being able to see on rides again!

ArgoZ wrote:We had problems with the Flash Pass. 1h30 min wait in an unprotected line just to buy. .

Whoa whoa whoa was this @ opening? I'll be there this weekend and have full intentions of buying one right @ opening, especially if its a 90 minute wait!

At opening the line looked like 20 min. I went straight to TC and it opened 5 minutes early. I tried to see how lines were going to be for the day and decided it was a FP day around 2 hours after opening, but the line was huge by then.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:06 pm

Well that settles that. I'll be hitting up FP immediately after early morning RMC action. (I'm actually thinking of going against my own advice and just buying it online tomorrow to save a few bucks)

TEDodd wrote:
bgtlover wrote:
boldikus wrote:6. Do you guys think I'll look like a douchebag riding the mine train alone?

Amen. Ride whatever you want.

Guys, that was a trick question. My mine train lovin-ass is definitely taking a spin on Lift Hill: The Ride.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!