Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 307 - New Hurricane Harbor Water Park Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby thrillrider » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:56 pm

Due to car problems, we will not be able to make it :angry:

Out of all the events this summer, this was the one I was looking forward to the most.
258 steel coasters
87 wood coasters
324 total[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/3921e405de665339d5d967ea68a5a4a5.jpg[/img][/url]

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby BaMiTsPaT » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:35 pm

I read on Screamscape that Batman is still down, and DDD is now down, but that they should be back up this weekend according to someone at the park. Is SFOG usually pretty reliable when it comes to staying true to their word? I will be going Sunday only then driving through to Florida.

EDIT:
Also, what are the crowds usually like on Sundays in October?
Coaster Count: 200 Wood:35 Steel: 165

Favorite Steel: Maverick (CP)
Favorite Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv.)

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby SFOG » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:46 am

BaMiTsPaT wrote:but that they should be back up this weekend according to someone at the park.Is SFOG usually pretty reliable when it comes to staying true to their word?

There are a few things that could alter those plans (these are rather large pieces of machinery), but if all goes well with the maintenance/part replacements, both Batman and DDD should be open this weekend.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:36 am

Six Flags Over Georgia has sent us a press release regarding a great opportunity to donate blood while earning free admission to Fright Fest!

A blood shortage is even more terrifying than the largest Halloween event in Atlanta: Fright Fest at Six Flags Over Georgia. The regional theme park is partnering with LifeSouth Community Blood Centers to encourage blood donors to sign up by offering free admission to Fright Fest.

The Fright Fest blood drive will take place on Thursday, October 13 at the three LifeSouth Georgia Community Blood Centers in Dunwoody, Gainesville and McDonough.

To receive a free Fright Fest ticket, potential donors must make a reservation online at lifesouth.org or by calling in advance. Reservations and free tickets are limited.

For brave souls with a strong stomach, Six Flags Over Georgia is giving away free 2012 season passes to anyone that successfully dines at the Café Du Cockroach on Saturday, October 15. The menu features Madagascar hissing cockroaches, a delicacy to some, as the main entrée. Interested diners and spectators alike are welcome at the Mariner’s Cove Theater at 6 p.m. that evening. Bon Appétit!

It’s thrills by day and FRIGHT by night as the park offers hours of fun for families with children under 13 during the daytime hours. As the sun sets, the real fun begins as the park is transformed into a terrifying experience with ghouls and zombies roaming the midways.

To make the frightening fun even more affordable, Six Flags Over Georgia is offering a FREE 2012 season pass with the purchase of 3 or more, plus a free season parking pass if processed by November 5. A 2012 season pass includes this year’s Fright Fest plus unlimited admission during the park’s 45th anniversary season in 2012.

Six Flags Over Georgia is open for Fright Fest every Saturday and Sunday in October, and Friday evenings on October 21 and 28. For more information including park hours, visit sixflags.com/overgeorgia.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Something missing from the Georgia Cyclone at SFOG!

Postby SFOG » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Thought I would share a few photos taken at SFOG today... You may notice that a good portion of track has been removed from the Georgia Cyclone since the park closed in October.

Approximately 30-35% of the coaster's track will be replaced with Topper Track, resulting in a better experience on this awesome wooden coaster for 2012!
CycloneTrack1.jpg
Notice something missing after the lift?
Viewed 5967 times
CycloneTrack2.jpg
That turnaround looks a bit strange without track!
Viewed 5967 times

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:51 pm

^Topper Track as in Rocky Mountain Topper Track!?!? If so, that is VERY good news!

Thanks for keeping us updated!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:58 pm

That is great news!!!! Personally I thought the Cyclone was actually running pretty well at Deep South Bash, topper track should make it even better! It's going to be interesting to see if these topper track replacements are a success or not, if they are I don't know why every park in the world wouldn't want to eventually replace the existing wood with Topper Track. Great news SFOG, i hope you keep the forums updated over the winter with new pictures of the refurbishment!

Star Wars is gay.

Location: An area of Colorado Springs that kind of looks like Endor

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:01 pm

Texas Giant got an Iron Horse treatment, plus Topper Track on Rattler, SFNE Cyclone, and now Georgia Cyclone this year...I'm guessing Six Flags really likes Rocky Mountain now! ;)

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:04 pm

Why do I suddenly hear the sounds of my pancreas and kidney now thanking me... As my ONE ride on it beat me to within an inch of my life. Here's hoping Topper Track will end some of the 'beat the crap out of you' feeling that's making that ride miserable to ride on.

Congratulations SFOG. I'm looking forward to seeing you next summer!
Unified Pride: Skin isn't Dead.

Postby SFOG » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:05 pm

SharkTums wrote:^Topper Track as in Rocky Mountain Topper Track!?!?

Yep! I'm personally excited to see how this turns out. Cyclone can be an incredible ride (if you catch it on a good day). :devil:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!