Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
#1 Nintendo Fanboy!

Postby bgwfreak » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:11 pm

I too do not like the thought of the Great Gasp being torn down.

It's like PKD or PKI ripping out their Eiffel Towers. It's such an icon at SFOG and I'd hate to see it bite the dust.

Plus I have a really bad memory of crying because I couldn't ride it when I was 5. Oh wait, maybe this isn't such a bad thing. ;) Just kidding

I'm glad I rode both rides this spring!!!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby GAcoaster » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:46 pm

I heard that Gasp is staying right where it is, and the new coaster is going AROUND it. If you look at the picture you can see the markings circle it (not go through), though it looks like Looping Starship is a goner (no big loss)

Grocery Store Enthusiast!

Postby Kroger8 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:00 pm

Lets hope so, you can see that in the picture it does go around the tower.

Krazy Koaster Kevin

Postby X » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:47 pm

Horray! The Great Gasp is staying! Now I must get 2 SFOG before their new 2007 coaster gets in its way.
Kevin"I also must ride Acraphobia"Bujold

Grocery Store Enthusiast!

Postby Kroger8 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 pm

Does anyone know what section of the park the station is going in and what it will be themed around, or guess what it will be themed around? I think I remember someone saying that we might get a hypercoaster in the Metropolis section themed around a character from Superman, but the footers on the map clearly do not go into that section, or Cottenstates or anything around there.

Pro Rock-O-Plane Flyer

Postby nannerdw » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:01 am

This is Great News for me, since I live just 4 hours from SFOG! I am planning to go back in August, and I'm hoping the ride will be completed and running by then (extremely unlikely :cry: .)

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby SpartanTS » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:36 am

nannerdw wrote:This is Great News for me, since I live just 4 hours from SFOG! I am planning to go back in August, and I'm hoping the ride will be completed and running by then (extremely unlikely :cry: .)

I'm going to SFOG in August. I'm about 2.5 hours away.

lol, extremely unlikely is putting it likely. It should be up next season. :lol:

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:05 pm

I've been on Nitro and Apollo's Chariot and loved both of them. I just hope if it is a B&M Hyper it has some kind of unique element.

Sean "who wonders how long it will be before B&M tries a Stengel Dive" Costa

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Jordan Shankman » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:33 pm

Its confirmed.

When I was at the park the other day I was looking around at all the spray paint markings and what not, and noticed that the PR guy, the woman with the red hair, and one other guy (all of them are pretty important) were walking toward where I was. When they saw that I was looking at the markings I looked at them very glaringly and then back at the markings, back at them, then back at the markings. They started laughing and I walked up to them and was like "sooo wanna give me some info?" and I could tell the PR guy was all uncomfortable and stuff. I then said, "it's a B&M hyper isn't it?" and instantly they all looked at each other really fast and the red haired lady mouthed "he's good".

So yeah, it's confirmed.

But then again that could have been to throw me off, but I doubt it.

Sexiest Lips in South Carolina!

Postby Homey G. » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:55 pm

I doubt it too, Jordan. 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!