Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 632 - Mystic River Falls Announced for 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:58 pm

Wow that's a perfect theme for this park and a river rapids ride in general.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby greenman » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:13 pm

Visited my Favorite Missouri theme park last week. Had a great time as always.
I Introduced the kids to Grandfathers mansion, and I actually rode Thunderation for my fist time.
I want to say I loved it, except for the turn in the tunnel is painful, painful and similar to the
entry of WOF TW helix (was). Kind of snaps my back funny.
Took some pics of the construction area 2020, but none as good as what were already posted.
Everything was a walk on except fire in the hole.

Ate at Gettin Basted on 76 hwy and it was excellent. Couldn’t figure out what kind of wood they used probably because they use only charcoal. Its probably my first time where I can say the sides were as amazing as the meat.
I had a good experience at The Branson Coaster too. They let me go down a second time because I had to brake for people in front of me. I was fine with the ride, but they insisted I ride again brakeless and made sure I was spaced out from other
riders.
I love it down there.
3EFA80DE-DFE8-4C9B-8EAF-BD9965EBB58E.png
6FA73716-1171-4779-B9D0-5F8E3B3FB385.png

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:30 pm

^ That meat looks sick, in the best possible way! Yum! And that's a great On-Ride pic! :smile:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:23 pm

Never been to the park but plan on going in September. Question about the "regular" trailblazer. It says on the website you get 8 rides with it... could you hypothetically use all 8 on Outlaw Run, for example? Or do they have to be spread out / is there a limit on the big coasters? I know at Dollywood at one point you could only get a single ride on Lightning Rod or something weird with their skip the line. Not sure how it is now.

Also do you get to choose your row, with a merge point?

Is the unlimited really needed if we get there early and knock some stuff out in the AM? We would be going on a Sunday at the end of September. I will budget in for the pass but I'm guessing I should wait and see, but I just had no idea how the regular pass works.

Thanks!

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:01 pm

Regular Trailblazer is eight uses total. They can be once each on eight different rides, or eight times on the same ride. Opening year for Outlaw Run, Firefall, and Time Traveler they limited it to once per day on that ride, but just for that year. Currently there are no such limits.

However, on a Sunday the end of September you will not need a Trailblazer at all. That's the fall crafts festival, and lines are always short for every ride at that time. In addition, this is a pretty religious area, so in general right at opening on a Sunday is a great time to be there, as even on crowded Sundays most people don't show up until 1PM or so.

That said, budget for Trailblazer because you should always budget for the skip the line at every park that offers it when you plan a trip, but realistically you'll likely use that money for cinnamon bread.

Don't forget the cave tour.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:58 am

^ thanks for the info!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:10 am

I went on a Sunday last year (Memorial Day weekend) and most rides had no wait. That included Outlaw Run presumably due to its location in the very back of the park.

I don't know if waits have cooled down for Time Traveler, but that was the only crazy wait. That was posted at 60-90 minutes until the evening. PowderKeg and the water rides got up to a half hour. I think the kiddie coaster actually had the second longest posted wait but it isn't on the Trailblazer pass.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby greenman » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:41 am

I also want to add that there are two or three ticket kiosks to the left at the tram drop off.
No one was using them, everyone wanted to wait an hour in the ticket line after getting off the bus.
Not sure if it’s marked very well, I was too excited that I walked right up to it.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:12 pm

Reuben's Swashbuckling Adventure is a fun short musical. Good songs, good choreography, good plot that makes lots of left turns and ends up in a surprising place.

Got some new construction photos too.
IMG_20190630_122129.jpg
IMG_20190630_122200.jpg
IMG_20190630_122228.jpg
IMG_20190630_122245.jpg
IMG_20190630_122316.jpg
IMG_20190630_122332.jpg
IMG_20190630_122412.jpg
IMG_20190630_122442.jpg
IMG_20190630_122502.jpg

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby sdcfan88 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:04 pm

Official teaser from the park. Announcement will be on August 13th! #LostCaverns
67066970_10157429238842603_3269144280387551232_n.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!