Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 517 - Time Traveler announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby CedarFanboy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:55 am

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:00 am

2 minutes away!! :br :br :br
Bigger is not always better.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:12 am

Silver Dollar City Announces
~Time Traveler~
World’s Fastest, Steepest & Tallest Spinning Coaster
A Revolutionary Coaster Ahead of Our Time Launches Spring 2018

(Branson, MO 8/16/17) Following months of speculation and extreme interest radiating within the amusement industry and from coaster enthusiasts around the globe, Silver Dollar City announces the World’s Fastest, Steepest and Tallest Complete-Circuit Spinning Roller Coaster with the spring 2018 debut of Time Traveler. The Branson, Missouri internationally-awarded 1880s-style theme park makes history again with this custom-designed, custom-engineered attraction that introduces a new generation of thrill coasters for families.

Time Traveler will be world record-breaking:

• Fastest – Top speed of 50.3 miles per hour
• Steepest - A 10-story, 90-degree vertical drop…straight down. Custom-engineered to have
an immediate out-of-the-station, gravity-driven drop down an Ozarks mountainside
• Tallest - Custom-designed for mountainous terrain with its tallest point at 100 feet
• First & Only with Three Inversions - a Dive Loop, a Vertical Loop and a Zero-G Roll
• First & Only with a Vertical Loop - A 95-foot tall loop
• First and Only Double Launch – 0 to 47 mph in 3 seconds; 30 to 45 mph in 3.5 seconds

At an investment of $26 million, this is Silver Dollar City’s biggest attraction EVER. For concept, design and development, Silver Dollar City is working with renowned coaster manufacturer MACK RIDES of Waldkirch, Germany. MACK RIDES, founded in 1780 and family-owned for eight generations, shared Silver Dollar City’s dream to create Time Traveler as a one-of-a-kind ride that combines a variety of coaster elements with mountainous terrain. The track crosses over itself 14 times in total.

“This coaster’s state-of-the-art controlled spin feature provides riders a unique thrill experience while still appealing to families,” said Brad Thomas, President of Silver Dollar City Attractions. “Since Silver Dollar City’s opening day in 1960, guests have taken a journey back in time with unique and world-class experiences. We strive daily to continue that tradition through our rides, our festivals, our crafts and our food. That pursuit continues in 2018 with Time Traveler - a Revolutionary Coaster Ahead of Our Time.”

Many coaster enthusiasts have pointed out the paradox of an 1880s-inspired theme park developing a track record for revolutionizing roller coasters: Time Traveler follows the daring wood coaster Outlaw Run, which after its debut in 2013, made it into the Guinness Book of World Records and earned the coveted title of the industry’s “Best New Ride” that year. “Today, several years later, Outlaw Run still carries high prestige globally, and now Time Traveler will build upon that record-breaking tradition,” said Thomas.

001 SDC2018_TImeTraveler_SDC_Rendered_TM.jpg

002 Time Traveler Press Release With Visuals.jpg

003 Time Traveler Facts.jpg

004 Time Traveler Ride Features.jpg

005 Time Traveler Ride Footprint.jpg

006 10-Story 90 Degree Drop - Low Angle.jpg

007 Drop From Load House.jpg

008 Dive Loop.jpg

010 First Launch POV.jpg

011 First Launch.jpg

012 Time Traveler 360 Degree Spinning Vehicles.jpg

013 Time Traveler With Load Station.jpg

014 Second Launch POV.jpg

015 Profile 10-Story 90 Degree Drop.jpg

016 Vertical Loop.jpg

017 Zero-G Roll.jpg

018 TT 10-story 90 Degree Drop 3728.jpg

019 TT Track Construction 1.jpg

020 TT Track Construction 2.jpg

021 TT Track Construction 3.jpg

Here's a few photos from Chadster who was covering the media event & construction tour for us today!
IMG_9659.JPG
IMG_9660.JPG
IMG_9661.JPG
IMG_9663.JPG
IMG_9664.JPG
IMG_9665.JPG
IMG_9666.JPG
IMG_9667.JPG
IMG_9668.JPG
IMG_9669.JPG
IMG_9670.JPG
IMG_9671.JPG
IMG_9672.JPG
IMG_9673.JPG
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:49 pm.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:22 am

HOLY CRAP! All the attention is at Cedar Point right now (albeit rightfully so), but SDC and Mack have outdone themselves! I was skeptical about the spinning initially, but this looks CRAZY! Wow!!!
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

Postby Vonni » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:24 am

Well hopefully I can handle the spinning. I really want to experience it and enjoy it.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:25 am

SDC has seriously out done themselves!! There is no doubt in my mind that this coaster is going to be a HUGE hit!! I'm super excited for the park! The staff all seems so excited about this addition!

Can't wait to head back to the park in 2018 to give this thing a spin!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby thrilladdict » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:26 am

They made a big deal out of saying that the ride contains a new magnetically-controlled spinning system that won't let it go too crazy on the spins. On stage they called out the test on Blue Fire and said that the spinning there was deemed too intense so they got together w/ SDC and toned it down.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:27 am

thrilladdict wrote:They made a big deal out of saying that the ride contains a new magnetically-controlled spinning system that won't let it go too crazy on the spins. On stage they called out the test on Blue Fire and said that the spinning there was deemed too intense so they got together w/ SDC and toned it down.

This is GREAT news to hear. I know I was hesitant about the spinning, but if it is toned down, so it can't get too crazy... Then hopefully those of us who have issues with spinning coasters should still be good!! :br :br :br

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Location: Ether Houston across from the Astrodome or at SFSTL riding the Screamin' Eagle

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:32 am

Holycrapholycrapholycrap!!!

2018 season pass, here I come! :b
Coaster Count: 96
1990's: "ugh. I hope we don't get a Vekoma"
2010: "I really hope we get a Vekoma!"

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby PVA62 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:36 am

Wow, this looks great! That drop out of the station looks awesome! I definitely need to make my way to SDC.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!