Darien Lake Discussion Thread

P. 745 - Six Flags Sky Screamer Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Darien Lake Discussion Thread

Postby SbSteveZ » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:46 am

What really bothers me about that rumor is the fact that there are 3 coasters within that structure that are clearly staying still, and a waterfall on the front of it. How can it rotate if the waterfall never moves and the coasters are all (hopefully) staying out?!
Total Coasters: 84 Total Steel: 72 Total Wood: 12
Last Coaster: Leviathan @ Wonderland
80TH COASTER: The Beast @ Kings Island
RIDE ON!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby rjr19 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:00 pm

SbSteveZ wrote:What really bothers me about that rumor is the fact that there are 3 coasters within that structure that are clearly staying still, and a waterfall on the front of it. How can it rotate if the waterfall never moves and the coasters are all (hopefully) staying out?!

Don’t forget about Guardian’s queue that goes into the mountain...the entrance to Guardian would be constantly changing position. Also, there’s the restrooms inside the mountain as well. It’s absolutely absurd to even think there’s a possibility of that thing rotating. Sometimes the GP amaze me with what they can come up with.
Darien Lake is my home park... :?r

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Mr. Corn » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:03 pm

random question that won't make the thread fall into despair and chaos (like asking about Cuda Falls, Gerstlauer Spinner for 2014, or Batman: The Escape)

what "land" is Tantrum in?? does anyone know if they'll do an area revamp to accompany Tantrum??
Rowdy Ridge looks pretty solid, and that Boardwalk area looks absolutely fantastic and really freshen up the park, so I'm really hoping that they will redo the area!!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby ride of steel » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:07 pm

^Thunder Road. It got renamed for the 2015 season when RT opened, as it used to be called Niagara Frontier.

Postby ride of steel » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:08 pm

^Thunder Road. It got renamed for the 2015 season when RT opened, as it used to be called Niagara Frontier.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Sk610 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:33 pm

That is a fantastic question, but I doubt you will see any new "themed lands" at DL anytime soon. Rowdy's Ridge and Boardwalk definitely look great, but those were added under HFE management. I don't think Premier is as interested in the themed areas as much as they are interested in adding the most thrill for the money they are allotted.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby SbSteveZ » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:28 pm

Darien Lake has just announced two new shows for 2018. A hypnotist show as well as the return of a magic show. This makes me wonder if they’re going to have one located in the SBNO GALAXY theatre or if they’ll have them both in the Grande Threatre at different times - which is possible. I will miss American Pop / American Rock, but it is nice to see them investing in their live entertainment options. Plus, you know, a new coaster. 2018 is looking to be a pretty great year for Darien Lake!

https://darienlake.com/in-park-entertainment
Total Coasters: 84 Total Steel: 72 Total Wood: 12
Last Coaster: Leviathan @ Wonderland
80TH COASTER: The Beast @ Kings Island
RIDE ON!

Postby ride of steel » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:34 pm

Did anyone notice the double-down at the end of Predator ? It's very slow so it's hard to notice.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:23 pm

Any updates on the construction of Tantrum?

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Sk610 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:09 pm

^I was thinking the same thing. Has anyone driven by the park recently to see if there has been any noticeable construction?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!