Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 303 - Happily Ever After Fireworks Show: Full Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Movieguy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:19 pm

The new Fantasyland is looking fantastic so far. It's the kind of quality themeing you'd expect from Disney. Attention to detail, respect for tradition, and willingness to try new things at the same time. The interactive queues are further proof of this willingness. I wasn't expected to be as impressed as I was with these photos, but this is a real change from much of what Disney has done for its American parks in recent years, MK in particular.

THIS is the Disney I know and love. =)

I annoy the Title Fairy every other week!

Postby Voxelmatic » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:25 pm

I think the Little Mermaid looks like a solid ride! Looks like a long enough ride, and it eats people for breakfast! Can't wait to eventually head down to try this and SDMT in 2014.
I'm probably TPR's biggest fan of Premier Rides.
I'm Batman.
I rode Skyrush before it was cool.
Check out my latest theme park adventure!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:34 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/10/20000-leagues-under-the-sea-history-is-celebrated-at-new-fantasyland-event/

As Imagineer Chris Beatty recently mentioned during our live chat on New Fantasyland, our Imagineers not only bring Disney magic to life in the form of wonderful attractions, but they’re also huge fans of Disney history. I don’t think anything demonstrates this more than the event Walt Disney Imagineering led yesterday in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park.

Many of you may recognize that the area occupied by the new Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid attraction was formerly the location of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, an attraction that closed in 1994. Here’s the surprise: Before 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was dismantled, our Imagineers saved some of the attraction’s water in carefully labeled bottles and kept them safe at their Florida headquarters for the past 18 years.

Yesterday, those bottles were opened for the first time. In this video, watch as Imagineer Chris Kelly leads a small group of bloggers in returning a piece of the past to New Fantasyland – simply amazing!

Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:50 pm

And fanboys everywhere rejoiced, or died due to cardiac arrest.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:14 pm

And then Captain Nemo arose from the water as a vengeful wraith, and nothing was ever the same again.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby mandy_Reeves » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:24 pm

So...is WDW really super wheel chair/handicapped friendly? If I were to go say, this coming Spring, I may still be recuperating from major knee surgery...and it's a literal pain to walk a whole lot....can like me and my husband(he is normal, not handicap)get special passes to get on first or do we have to like wait. I won't be able to do coasters more than likely, because I have screws in my knee, and the risk of breaking my tibia is too great. I'm torn...I wanna see Fantasy Land so badly, and as a WDW virgin, want to do it the right way...but all the good deals are for families. Not couples. :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:47 pm

Amy and I just had to deal with this just a few months ago! Disneyland is very wheelchair/handicap friendly. For the most part, you just rent a wheelchair (not too expensive) or ECV and that is your 'pass.' You don't need to get a special pass, the wheelchair is your pass. They do offer additional passes if you have mental issues with waiting in line (Autistic kids for example), but for a knee surgery, just the wheelchair would be fine. They will give you a brochure that will outline what and how each ride works. It will tell you where to go for the handicap entrance (a lot of times it's the normal line), and what will be required to ride the ride (whether you will have to transfer, or if you can just take your wheelchair on the ride). Amy had torn her ACL and meniscus about the second day of our trip to Orlando but she was still able to get in an out of everything. I had to help of course,but it's really up to the individual. WDW is very doable in a wheelchair!

The link to WDW's accessibility information is HERE.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby JESmith » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:40 am

Well it's old news now, but on a minor note (or major depending on how you view it) a week ago Disney shortened the classic Country Bear Jamboree show, cutting out two of the songs and some of the dialogue. Here's a video of the new cut down version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWiYTOQFbAs&feature=player_embedded

The news of the refurb even appeared in the New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/20/arts/country-bear-jamboree-at-walt-disney-world.html?_r=0

Disney also made a video describing the refurb (Though they don't mention the reasons they cut down the show):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmu7ceXpoxM&feature=player_embedded
Last edited by JESmith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:44 am.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:36 am

Sounds like Country Bear Jamboree is suffering from Enchanted Tiki Room Syndrome.

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:42 am

Country Bear Jamboree: Under New Management!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!