Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 362: Timber Wolf gets an 70° over banked turn in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:51 pm

Very nice! Definitely looks good for the first year.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby OmnipotentSeal » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:41 pm

I'm surprised no one here has discussed the dissapearance of Timberwolf's helix yet. Let the mad speculation begin! (I'm hoping 2019 will bring RMC timberwolf)

*Robb retweeted a photo of it on twitter this morning
Please wake up. We are trying a new technique. We don't know where this will show up in your dream, but we hope this message will reach you. You are in a coma. Please wake up. Your family needs you.

Postby VF15 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:11 pm

They could be finishing the GCI retrack they started a few years ago, but it they are by chance preparing for an RMC that would be a wonderful addition to the park's lineup. :)
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Jaykethekid » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:43 pm

OmnipotentSeal wrote:I'm surprised no one here has discussed the dissapearance of Timberwolf's helix yet. Let the mad speculation begin! (I'm hoping 2019 will bring RMC timberwolf)

*Robb retweeted a photo of it on twitter this morning
VF15 wrote:They could be finishing the GCI retrack they started a few years ago, but it they are by chance preparing for an RMC that would be a wonderful addition to the park's lineup. :)

I still feel RMC Timberwolf is highly unlikely. I would bet a lot of money that this is just the continuation of the GCI refurbishment of Timberwolf. The real question is what they're going to do with that part of the ride. I know the helix has been a very high maintenance part of the ride and honestly it was kinda boring. I've heard talk of it just getting turned into a flat turnaround which i would not complain about. My question is how they will manage the extra speed if the eliminate the helix. Could we see yet another trim brake, or would they adjust the rest of the ride for the extra speed?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:42 pm

I wonder what the possibilities of a GhostRider treatment are for Timber Wolf? Or is it highly doubtful with Prowler in the same park? I mean, Cedar Fair has a couple parks that essentially have two B&M Hypers, so maybe if they wanted a long term solution, they could go that route if they differentiate it enough from Prowler. I don't know, just throwing the idea out there.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:22 pm

Considering that there's a drop immediately after the helix that brings it back down to the same level it entered the helix, taking it out would have minimal effect on the speed of the ride. It would speed it up slightly, due to the track being a bit shorter amd therefore less speed would be lost due to friction, but we're talking very, very little here.

TL;DR version: They can take out the helix if they want, and the ride would be fine.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby ToNC » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:14 pm

I remember hearing a few years back when talking about the retrack that it would just be easier to tear the helix down and restart for scratch. Looks that's what they're doing.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby WOFanatic » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Another thing that silently rolled out over the this past weekend is in-park WiFi. It might be in it’s testing stages before it gets officially announced for next year, however it was very fast and reliable throughout the entire park. Since WinterFest is drawing much bigger crowds than WOF’s regular season, WiFi is definitely more useful than my painfully slow LTE signal.
Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverick 3. Monster (Adventureland) 4. Outlaw Run 5. Beast 6. Storm Chaser (Kentucky Kingdom) 7. Incredible Hulk 8. Goliath (Great America) 9. Mystic Timbers 10. Rougarou

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Fingers » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:40 pm

They had in park WiFi for haunt. We were using it to check college football scores and track that nasty storm that hit during haunt.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby RailBlazer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:03 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:I wonder what the possibilities of a GhostRider treatment are for Timber Wolf? Or is it highly doubtful with Prowler in the same park? I mean, Cedar Fair has a couple parks that essentially have two B&M Hypers, so maybe if they wanted a long term solution, they could go that route if they differentiate it enough from Prowler. I don't know, just throwing the idea out there.

GCI has been giving Timber Wolf a similar overhaul to GhostRider, but the work was to be spread over three or four seasons. The work to be done last off season, didn't happen, but with the helix now missing, it appears they are continuing with the project.
Last edited by RailBlazer on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:15 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!