TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

So what are you all speculating for the 2018 addition? Obviously, a coaster is out of the question at this point. A new flat? Another OOF addition? Another Planet Snoopy expansion (LOL)?

Do they have flying aces? If not, that gets my vote.

I'm assuming you are talking about a Larson Flyer? If so, yes, they have one.

I think he's talking about the Junior SLC like at Carowinds and Kings Island.

Oh ok. I guess a new kiddie coaster wouldn't be bad.

My guess is that the park will get nothing. Absolutely nothing. 2017 was a huge season for the park, and I’m hearing 2019 will be even bigger. So my guess is nothing. At most, maybe some fine tuning of WinterFest and some new paint around the park preparing for 2019.

Note: I typed this on my phone.

So I just visited the park for the first time for 1 1/2 days. Park was dead, but it might be like this all the time, cause I saw the GP turn away, not once, but twice, for 10 minute waits. Also operations were generally below average, with generally one train operations and 2-5 minute dispatches. Not only that, but in line for Mamba, the ride op opened the gates, the train was loaded and ready to be checked, then he OPENED THE GATES AGAIN. Definitely not the worst, but definitely below average.

Short Reviews of Rides:

Finnish Fling: First Rotor. Having my head G-forced against the wall was uncomfortable.

Bamboozler: Round-Up with a ridiculously long cycle. Which is cool if you don't get motion sick or your head slightly peaks above the pad so your head gets G-forced into metal grating. One applies to me.

Zulu: Huss Enterprise. I like enterprises. Bringing up operations again, on my ride at 1:00, a lady threw up. When I came back at about 7-8:00, I'm 90% sure the ride hadn't moved.

Fury of the Nile: Bumpy rapids ride that I didn't get wet on

Viking Voyager: Log flume. Had a bumpy ride because my boat was weighed down.

Woodstock Gliders: Couldn't snap 'em.

Cosmic Coaster: Wacky Worm 10/10.

Timber Wolf: Let me preface this by saying this is the ONLY ride I have ever ridden that WARNS YOU HOW ROUGH THE RIDE IS. That being said, it's made by Dinn. Mean Streak was made by Dinn. Mean Streak has a trick that made the ride more enjoyable. That trick works on Timber Wolf. Now, instead of rough, the ride is just boring.

Spinning Dragons: Gertslauter Spinner, spun a bit, just okay.

Prowler: Was running kind of rough. One of the not as good GCIs. Smoother in the front. Gives great night ride.

Patriot: I'm fine with "forceless" B&M's. This one has a little bit of force at the end, but it's very smooth and floaty. Also that zero-g roll really is zero-g.

Mamba (*thump thump tiss*): Good Morgan Hyper with great floater air, a forceful helix, and you can FEEL THE SPEED if you're in the front.

^ Hades 360 and Clementon's Hellcat also have warnings that the rides are running aggressive.

Haven't ridden either of those, so can't comment.

While I can't speak for Clementon, I'd rather go to the carnival in Alan Moore's Killing Joke than Mt. O again until it gets new management. Both parks seem to have potential, it's just being wasted by poor management/maintenance.

I don't see what people hate so much about Timber Wolf. I love it so much. Last time I rode it (last summer) it was super fun and smooth! And I even rode in the back! I hope Worlds of Fun never decides to RMC it. I absolutely love the helix and the return to the station.

When Mamba's line is over an hour because they're only running one train...

I swear, with WOFs awful operations, they're slowly becoming the Fuji-Q of America. The only thing they need now is forced pat downs on every rider and an extra 3 seat belts on the coasters.

When Mamba's line is over an hour because they're only running one train...

When in reality it's not worth a 15 minute wait.

Awww... I like Mamba! It was the best coaster there when I was there last! (Granted, that was before Prowler or Patriot! ) Also, I didn't wait more than 15 minutes I don't think!

That's a shame if their operations have really gotten that bad. When I visited WOF last year during Haunt, aside from Timber Wolf, operations were pretty good all around, especially on Mamba.

1054369123_ScreenShot2017-08-16at10_54_12.thumb.png.2ce1c9df950cbce4f91241c8314c90d3.png

Nordic Chaser - New for 2018

On Nordic Chaser, guests of all ages will board mini ships that rotate speedily around a circuit. The ride captures the imagination as guests experience the sensation of rising and falling along ocean waves. The ride will be placed in the park’s Scandinavia themed area.

“The new Nordic Chaser ride will allow parents and children the opportunity to make lasting memories together,” said Tony Carovillano, general manager, Worlds of Fun. “We strive to provide new and exciting changes at Worlds of Fun every year, and look forward to having more families experience every aspect we have to offer at the park.”