Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 350 - Nordic Chaser announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby EliHorton » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:06 pm

I don't see what people hate so much about Timber Wolf. I love it so much. Last time I rode it (last summer) it was super fun and smooth! And I even rode in the back! I hope Worlds of Fun never decides to RMC it. I absolutely love the helix and the return to the station.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:47 am

Funny, I think the helix and return to the station are the only bad parts to the ride. I'm hoping GCI comes back to finish the job.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jaykethekid » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:57 am

bluestreak wrote:When Mamba's line is over an hour because they're only running one train...

I swear, with WOFs awful operations, they're slowly becoming the Fuji-Q of America. The only thing they need now is forced pat downs on every rider and an extra 3 seat belts on the coasters. :lmao:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:24 pm

prozach626 wrote:
bluestreak wrote:When Mamba's line is over an hour because they're only running one train...

When in reality it's not worth a 15 minute wait.

Awww... I like Mamba! It was the best coaster there when I was there last! (Granted, that was before Prowler or Patriot! :lol: ) Also, I didn't wait more than 15 minutes I don't think! ;)
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Postby VF15 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:51 am

That's a shame if their operations have really gotten that bad. When I visited WOF last year during Haunt, aside from Timber Wolf, operations were pretty good all around, especially on Mamba.
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing

I Love Donkeys!

Postby OmnipotentSeal » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:00 am

I wonder what Worlds of fun will announce for next year today? Hoping for a coaster, but realistically expecting nothing.
Please wake up. We are trying a new technique. We don't know where this will show up in your dream, but we hope this message will reach you. You are in a coma. Please wake up. Your family needs you.

Postby thrillrider » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:51 am

Banned from the forum for 1 week.
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:54 am.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:53 am

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 10.54.12.png

Nordic Chaser - New for 2018
On Nordic Chaser, guests of all ages will board mini ships that rotate speedily around a circuit. The ride captures the imagination as guests experience the sensation of rising and falling along ocean waves. The ride will be placed in the park’s Scandinavia themed area.

“The new Nordic Chaser ride will allow parents and children the opportunity to make lasting memories together,” said Tony Carovillano, general manager, Worlds of Fun. “We strive to provide new and exciting changes at Worlds of Fun every year, and look forward to having more families experience every aspect we have to offer at the park.”

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:05 am

Based on the description it sounds like a Sea Storm type of ride so I wonder if Peanuts Pirates will be relocated from Carowinds to make room for their new Camp Snoopy.

Postby Vonni » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:06 am

I didn't even realize WOF was making their announcement today so this is a surprise for me. So, is this like the ride that was removed for Patriot? I don't remember it's name.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!