Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby LukeFlynn » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:22 pm

Not sure if they are still there, but they were against the very back of the building under the transfer track leaning on the wall. You can only see them from the initial break run.
Dear God, the Donkeys are invading my life.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby mckayj93 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:12 pm

I was there last half of the day Sunday. Everything was a walk on, it was great! Some rides including LR started shutting down around 8pm though. Something new this visit from my last one 2 weeks ago was Mystery Mine and Wild Eagle ride ops asked about my glasses. I showed them my glasses strap and that satisfied them. Never had a ride op mention glasses before, maybe it was coincidence.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/df16b4157457c4e34f35035a174d6293.jpg[/img][/url]

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Txcstrfan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:12 am

Thanks to every one on this forum for all of the info. We are from Texas and My family visited Dollywood last summer for the first time and fell in love with the park. So we are going again next week on a last minute trip.
I booked us at the Dollywood DreamMore because it advertised the TimeSaver. For a family of 4 this seemed to be a nobrainer vs staying in a chain hotel.
I now see that this timesaver is limited based on reading this message board. Now i am wondering if we should just stay at a chain and pay for the unlimited time saver oit of pocket. Or is there a way to upgrade with DreamMore or Dollywood?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby LukeFlynn » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:39 pm

mckayj93 wrote:I was there last half of the day Sunday. Everything was a walk on, it was great! Some rides including LR started shutting down around 8pm though. Something new this visit from my last one 2 weeks ago was Mystery Mine and Wild Eagle ride ops asked about my glasses. I showed them my glasses strap and that satisfied them. Never had a ride op mention glasses before, maybe it was coincidence.

I always ride with my glasses, they used to be much looser and I never had a problem. I've since had them adjusted and now they are a perfect fit, they don't move at all on any coasters thus far. I'd be pretty disgruntled if they started making people take off their glasses, It would kill the experience on rides like Lightning Rod for me if I wasn't able to see.
Dear God, the Donkeys are invading my life.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby TEDodd » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:44 pm

LukeFlynn wrote:I'd be pretty disgruntled if they started making people take off their glasses

Just get a strap.

I've been surprised at how lax DW is about sunglasses (most aren't properly adjusted).

I won't wear mine on ride because I'd gate to have to replace them.

Plus they'd smart if they came off and hit someone on a fast coaster (glass lenses)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:48 pm

mckayj93 wrote:I was there last half of the day Sunday. Everything was a walk on, it was great! Some rides including LR started shutting down around 8pm though. Something new this visit from my last one 2 weeks ago was Mystery Mine and Wild Eagle ride ops asked about my glasses. I showed them my glasses strap and that satisfied them. Never had a ride op mention glasses before, maybe it was coincidence.

This season I've read about and witnessed multiple occasions of people being asked to show glasses straps at different parks. Could just be confirmation bias on my part, but it almost makes me wonder if there's some new restriction that's being rapidly adopted among a number of parks.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby CaptainUnknown » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:49 pm

TEDodd wrote:
LukeFlynn wrote:I'd be pretty disgruntled if they started making people take off their glasses

Just get a strap.

:nina: Available at dollar stores
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 22
Credits: 117 (23 wood/94 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:01 am

I finally resorted to getting a strap for my glasses this year at CP, specifically in response to the heightened need on Steel Vengeance. Even if you buy them at the park (which I did), they aren't very costly. I don't like wearing them around everywhere, but I pop them on before the more intense rides, and then take them off when I'm done. I've been pleasantly surprised with how well they work, even on a complete maelstrom of forces like SV, and it's nice actually being able to see clearly on all coasters! I'd recommend getting some for your park-going trips, just to make things nicer for you, a fellow wearer of glasses. :)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby neilnky » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:43 am

I have been going to the water park in my area more often this year. I would usually put in contacts (which I hate wearing ) so I wouldn't risk losing my glasses. I decided this year to get a strap and it has been great. I intend to use it for future roller coaster rides at theme parks or really just for a whole theme park visit in general. I just like my glasses as they have transition lenses and the strap takes the worry out of the risk of losing them and I can still see everything lol. Come on with the 2019 announcement already :) I thought it was going to be early this year. August is sort of normal right? I am hoping we get it between now and the end of July but if not it is a lesson in patience.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby jonskinny12 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:48 am

cal1br3tto wrote:This season I've read about and witnessed multiple occasions of people being asked to show glasses straps at different parks. Could just be confirmation bias on my part, but it almost makes me wonder if there's some new restriction that's being rapidly adopted among a number of parks.

When I was at Cedar Point a few weeks ago I wore my sunglasses almost the entire time. Sometimes they would ask if I had a strap and sometimes they wouldn't, but it's obviously possible that they were still looking even when they didn't ask. They've had that as a rule for at least a couple years now so I bought a strap for like $4 when I got to the park.

But at Kings Island the day before I wore them without a strap on a lot of rides and never got questioned once.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!