D23 Expo 2019 Updates from TPR

P. 2: Disney Parks presentation photo report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: D23 Expo 2019 Updates from TPR

Postby bigboy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:19 am

I ordered the Lego train set on Wednesday and it was on my porch after work last night. 4 hours of work down, 12 of 18 bags left. The locomotive, tender, and one coach are done.

I didn't see it in any of your pics, but the 3-level Haunted Mansion costume with a working Omnimover track is off the chain.

And, yeah, that Jeff Goldblum show looks brilliant.

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:46 am

I've been curious to see where the new Epcot plans go, and I'm liking the blend of old and new that's going on (loving the return of the pavilion logos). The fact that Imagination appears on that model of updates really has me excited for tomorrow to see if anything good comes of it.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Dombot » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:50 pm

MayTheGForceBeWithYou wrote:I've been curious to see where the new Epcot plans go, and I'm liking the blend of old and new that's going on (loving the return of the pavilion logos). The fact that Imagination appears on that model of updates really has me excited for tomorrow to see if anything good comes of it.

Ooh, now that you mention it, I could totally see them ditching the Imagination Institute for something new. It feels like we're experiencing the Disney Parks Second Renaissance and I love it. :lol:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:19 pm

There's got to be some kind of restaurant and/or bar in that elevated, treed/landscaped spot, opposite Imagination. And I suspect (at least) the other side of it, facing the lagoon, will be a prime spot for the new evening show and "dinner/bar/show packages", etc.

:mickey:

P.S. Love the possible concept, and we'd definitely want to
experience/eat/drink it, when we're there in the future.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby TroyRides Channel » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:10 pm

Love that alladin's lamp exhibit!
Please check out my theme park related channel.

https://youtu.be/Cwu1a_U1CjQ

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:10 pm

I'm not one to gush over merchandise but I absolutely want stuff with the new EPCOT pavilion logos on it. EPCOT's new concept art looks fantastic and I wish that they would release some of it as desktop backgrounds.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:35 am

The second full day of the D23 Expo was filled to the brim with activity and exciting fun across the floor! First up was the Disney Studios presentation (no photos or video allowed) where The Walt Disney Studios, Disney Animation, Lucasfilm and Marvel shared news and sneak peaks at their upcoming theatrical releases. The highlights of this presentation including a mind-blowing first look at footage from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, the first footage from Marvel's Black Widow film, the cast assembly for Marvel's The Eternals, a sneak peak at Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, previews of Pixar's Onward and Soul films, and a lengthy preview of Frozen II capped off by a live performance by the film's cast!

The rest of the day was spent roaming the floor and attending breakout sessions to learn more about all of the different Disney projects taking place throughout the company. There's one day left at the D23 Expo 2019, with the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products presentation taking place on Sunday, so stay tuned to this thread where news will be shared as it is released!
1.JPG
We’re back for Day 2 of the D23 Expo!
2.JPG
Any fans of The Emperor’s New Groove out there?
3.JPG
Today we learned more about the “One Day at Disney” coffee table book and the companion Disney+ documentary series that will both arrive on December 3rd, 2019!
4.jpg
Six employees and cast members from across The Walt Disney Company were here to share some of their personal Disney stories with us!
5.JPG
BB-8 rolled onto the Stage 28 for a surprise appearance at the “One Day at Disney” panel!
48.JPG
Time to check out more details from the Disney Parks “Imagining Tomorrow, Today” pavilion
6.jpeg
Check out this new concept art of Tron Lightcyle Run coming to the Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort!
7.jpeg
8.jpeg
9.jpeg
10.jpeg
11.jpeg
A model of the Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway ride vehicle is on display at the Disney Parks pavilion! This attraction will be opening at Disney's Hollywood Studios in 2020 and Disneyland Park in 2022!
12.jpeg
Guests will take a ride aboard the "Runnamuck Railroad."
13.jpeg
A look at some new Epcot merchandise...
14.jpeg
All of the new Epcot logos!
15.jpeg
Gorgeous concept art!
16.jpeg
Notice Pinocchio in the winodw...
17.jpeg
Spot the Genie's Lamp from Aladdin in this poster...
18.jpeg
One to be revealed soon!
19.jpeg
More of this awesome poster art!
20.jpeg
An artistic model in the Disney Parks pavilion teases new additions and updates to existing pavilions as a part of the transformation of Epcot.
21.jpeg
The Mexico pavilion in the World Showcase is featured in this model.
22.jpeg
The Seas with Nemo and Friends is also featured in the Epcot model at the Disney Parks pavilion.
23.jpeg
Journey of Water represented on the model...
24.jpeg
The elevated terrace space conceptualized for the transformed Epcot!
25.jpeg
France is featured here as well...
26.jpeg
The Space-themed restaurant next to Mission: Space puts this pavilion on the map for this model.
27.jpeg
The new Guardians of the Galaxy attraction is included on the model.
28.jpeg
The Imagination Pavilion is also featured in this model.
29.jpeg
The new Play pavilion is here too.
30.jpeg
This art is breathtaking.
31.jpeg
Check out this gorgeous Guardians of the Galaxy poster!
32.jpeg
Disney Legend Tony Baxter, who played a major part in the development of the original EPCOT Center attractions, was spotted in the Disney Parks pavilion.
33.jpeg
The rainbow-esque arches depicted in the above-mentioned model seem to be referenced here in this poster...
34.jpeg
Old meets new.
35.jpeg
More to be revealed soon!
37.jpeg
A look at the Play! pavilion poster.
38.jpeg
Some original EPCOT Center memorabilia from when the park first opened...
40.jpeg
This model at the Disney Parks pavilion depicts the Fantasyland and Tomorrowland expansions currently underway at Tokyo Disneyland!
41.jpeg
The castle at Hong Kong Disneyland will look like this when its transformation is complete in 2020!
42.jpeg
Another look at the ”Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser” ship, the Halcyon.
43.JPG
A live “Vyloo” from the Tivan Collection is on loan to the D23 Expo Disney Parks pavilion. You can normally find this creature in the queue for Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: Breakout!
44.jpeg
Another look at the Spider-Bot that will be seen in the new Spider-Man attraction at Disney California Adventure and Walt Disney Studios Park Paris.
47.jpeg
The Disney Parks pavilion at the D23 Expo features a teaser for the upcoming Zootopia-inspired land coming to Shanghai Disneyland.
49.jpeg
Joe Rohde hosted a panel called "Immersive Worlds" with three other Imagineers...
50.jpeg
The interesting discussion focused on the creation of immersive spaces that envelop guests in Disney Parks and resorts. Aulani, Pandora - The World of Avatar, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and Treasure Cove were the examples presented for this panel.
51.jpeg
The Starlight Foundation, in partnership with Disney has created a series of themed hospital gowns for children hospitals to use.
52.jpeg
Development is under way to implement themed "windows" in children's hospitals across America that will transport hopsital guests into Disney's many themed worlds.
55.jpeg
This same team is actively working on making the children's hospital experience more magical with themed gift bags, VR experiences and more.
56.jpeg
Children's play areas are being designed featuring popular Disney properties.
57.jpeg
We had the chance to Voluntear and build one of the gift bags to go to a child in one of these children's hospitals.
58.jpeg
Fess Parker's handprints...
59.jpeg
Sakaar Hulk groupies!
60.jpeg
Need a Broadway bear?
61.jpeg
The original Seacab from The Living Seas is on display on the show floor!
62.jpeg
I found this gem at an exhibitor's booth!
63.jpeg
There’s a photo op featuring the front of Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train at the D23 Expo!
64.jpeg
LOST fans, there's merch here for you!
65.jpeg
This mural will be completed by the last day of the event!
66.JPG
Another amazing day at the D23 Expo!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:12 pm

Wow, this is total abundance of awesomeness being revealed this year's EXPO! Looking at all the concept art of everything in all the world's Disney Parks, makes me wish for One Big Lottery Win for travel, LOL!

Thanks for posting all of this. :mickey:

By the way, is anything to be announced for Tokyo Disney Resort? Or is it because Oriental Land Company owns that property (with Disney designing and building it), it wouldn't be part of this EXPO, which is run by Disney? Thought I would ask.

EDIT: Ooops. I just realized they run (don't they?) a separate D23 event in Tokyo, just for
Tokyo Disney Resort. In the even years? I forget. I'm overwhelmed with other D23 announcements, lol!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Delicious & Refreshing

Re: D23 Expo 2019 Updates from TPR P1

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:21 am

Yesterday was the big day for the D23 Expo as far as Disney Parks, Experiences and Products fans are concerned... The big Hall D23 presentation where news about the future of Disney Parks would be announced, and there year it was announced in droves! For the individual announcement posts, please visit the links below for the park-respective threads, and read beyond that to see our photos from the presentation!

"Magic Happens" parade coming to Disneyland Park in Spring 2020
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway - Disneyland Park details
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway - Disney's Hollywood Studios details
Epcot transformation announcement summary
Hong Kong Disneyland castle transformation and Frozen expansion details released!
Disney California Adventure - Avengers Campus, Spider-Man and Avengers attraction details released!
Walt Disney Studios Park Paris - Avengers Campus attraction details released!
"Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Disney Wish is named as the fifth Disney Cruise Line ship, Lighthouse Point details released

Spitfire announcements one after another and endless concept art made this one of the most exciting Parks presentations I'd experienced. And as an Epcot fan, this was the year to be here. Epcot is undergoing its largest transformation ever, and based on all that was announced (and there's plenty that wasn't that concept art and models in the Parks pavilion at the Expo hinted at), the park is going to be reinvigorated in a way that honors what came before and builds upon that creativity to deliver a more timeless, family-friendly park with the integration of new Disney properties and some creative design to elevate this World's Fair-style park into something more.

Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, Disneyland Paris and Shanghai Disneyland were all given announcements (everything in the works for Tokyo Disney has already been announced) as well. The presentation even shared new details about the first of the three new Disney Cruise Line ships, announcing the first as the Disney Wish while revealing it would feature a grand, three story atrium. Disney Cruise Line has also purchase a new section of land in Eleuthera, Bahamas known as Lighthouse Point where it will make its second private island destination for Bahamian sailings available to cruising guests.

Overall, it was a presentation for the books thanks to the sheer volume of announcements and concepts shared...
1.JPG
Guests were lined up and ready for the final day of the D23 Expo 2019!
2.JPG
Check out this amazing custom Figment puppet we found!
3.JPG
We’re ready for the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products presentation!
4.JPG
Bob Chapek, Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products is here to kick off today’s presentation!
5.jpeg
Coming this spring at Disneyland Resort – an all-new parade called Magic Happens.
6.jpeg
The parade will feature floats inspired by films like Coco and Moana!
7.jpeg
Todrick Hall has worked with Disney on the music for Magic Happens!
8.JPG
Jordan Fisher performed the new parade's theme song on stage during the presentation.
9.jpeg
Here’s a new look at Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway coming to Mickey’s Toontown in 2022 at Disneyland.
10.jpeg
A look inside of the Disneyland version of the queue for Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway.
11.jpeg
This interior shot from the Disney's Hollywood Studios version of Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway gives you an idea of the feel of the experience you'll find inside.
12.jpeg
We can't wait for this ride to debut!
13.jpeg
Here’s a new look at the entrance of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2020.
14.jpeg
The “Zootopia”-themed land coming to Shanghai Disney Resort will feature new entertainment, merchandise and dining options that can only be found in the land along with a new major attraction.
15.jpeg
At Hong Kong Disneyland, we’re celebrating some of the greatest animated stories of all time as the castle transforms into the Castle of Magical Dreams.
18.jpeg
A new Frozen-inspired roller coaster is coming to Hong Kong Disneyland!
19.jpeg
The popular “Frozen Ever After” attraction at Epcot is coming to Hong Kong Disneyland!
20.jpeg
Concept art for the new Cirque show coming to Disney Springs at Walt Disney World...
21.jpeg
The new show is inspired by Disney's rich history in animation.
22.jpeg
Some more concept pieces from the show...
23.jpeg
24.jpeg
25.jpeg
The new Cirque du Soleil show Disney Springs will begin previews on March 20th, 2020 and officially open on April 17th, 2020!
26.jpeg
Target will be opening Disney Stores within select locations throughout the United States.
27.jpeg
Target will also host a Disney Store section on its website.
28.jpeg
Bullseye, the Target dog came by to celebrate the announcement!
29.jpeg
We were able to get an in-depth look at the new Avengers Campus coming to Disney California Adventure and Walt Disney Studios Park Paris!
30.jpeg
There will a Doctor Strange experience at Avengers Campus in both parks.
31.jpeg
Avengers Campus will include attractions, shops and dining.
32.jpeg
Disney California Adventure will get a Phase 2 attraction at Avengers Campus...
33.jpeg
This E-Ticket attraction will put riders on a Quinjet headed to Wakanda...
38.jpeg
The ride on the Quinjet will be derailed by a battle...
39.JPG
That leads to riders being put right in the middle of the battleground with the Avengers.
36.jpeg
Here is the ride vehicle for the new Spider-Man attraction at Avengers Campus.
37.jpeg
Check out this new concept art from the Spider-Man attraction coming to Disney California Adventure and Walt Disney Studios Park Paris!
35.jpeg
Pym Test Kitchen will be the primary F&B location at Avengers Campus.
34.jpeg
Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel is coming to the Disneyland Paris Resort.
40.JPG
Time for Epcot!
41.jpeg
Four districts will make up the new Epcot including World Showcase, World Discovery, World Nature and World Celebration!
43.jpeg
Classic scenes from the ride will remain as a new guide leads guests through the journey of storytelling...
42.jpeg
At World Celebration in Epcot, Spaceship Earth will remain the grand icon but the journey will be transformed with new scenes reflecting the universal nature of the human experience. A new guide and all new narration will focus on the storytelling that brings people together.
44.jpeg
Something new coming to the World Celebration section of the park.
45.jpeg
This statue of Walt Disney will be featured inside of Epcot as a tribute to the man behind the original concept that inspired the park’s creation.
46.jpeg
A new pavilion at World Celebration will be the home base for Epcot’s signature festivals, providing a stunning view of World Showcase and an ideal spot to witness the park’s nighttime spectacular.
47.jpeg
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at Epcot will feature the first reverse launch into space!
48.jpeg
This thrilling, family-friendly attraction will feature a never-before-seen storytelling coaster that rotates to focus on the action – wherever it may be.
49.jpeg
A look at the ride's logo.
50.jpeg
The new restaurant at Mission: Space will be called Space 2020. Guests will ride up a space elevator to get to the space station at 220 miles above the Earth's surface.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:24 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delicious & Refreshing

Re: D23 Expo 2019 Updates from TPR P2

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:22 am

(Continued)
51.jpeg
An expansion of the Mission: SPACE pavilion, the new restaurant Space 220 will open this winter as an out-of-this-world culinary experience with the celestial panorama of a space station, including daytime and nighttime views of Earth from 220 miles up.
52.jpeg
The restaurant will be operated by the Patina Group, the same company that is behind Via Napoli, Tutto Italia, Tutto Gusto and Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs.
53.jpeg
PLAY! pavilion at World Discovery is opening in time for the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World. In this interactive metropolis, guests will discover a city bursting with games, activities, and experiences that connect them with friends, family, and beloved Disney characters!
54.jpeg
Guests will be able to help Edna Mode design new fashions at the Play! pavilion.
55.jpeg
They will also have the chance to participate in a water balloon fight with Huey, Duey, Louie and Webby from DuckTales.
56.jpeg
57.jpeg
The Land, The Seas with Nemo and Friends and the new Journey of Water attraction will all be a part of the World Nature neighborhood.
58.jpeg
Awesome Planet is a new film coming to the Symbiosis Theater in The Land.
59.jpeg
In World Nature, the reinvention of Epcot will include Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana.”
60.jpeg
This first-ever experience inspired by the Walt Disney Animation Studios hit film will let guests interact with magical, living water in a beautiful and inspiring setting.
61.jpeg
In the China pavilion, the new “Wondrous China” seamless Circlevision film will take guests on a spectacular journey across the country!
62.jpeg
“Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360” will debut in January 2020.
63.jpeg
The Beauty and the Beast Sing Along will be shown opposite Impressions de France and will debut in early 2020.
64.jpeg
The France pavilion is being expanded heavily with the addition of Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure.
65.jpeg
The popular Walt Disney Studios Park Paris attraction is coming to Epcot and will open in early 2020!
66.jpeg
An authentic creperie will be coming to the France pavilion with table service and quick service selections available.
67.JPG
Chimney sweeps stormed the stage...
68.JPG
Then miraculously, Dick van Dyke appeared!
69.JPG
And with that, a new Mary Poppins attraction was announced for Epcot!
70.JPG
The United Kingdom pavilion at Epcot will feature Cherry Tree Lane as the entrance of the new Mary Poppins attraction!
71.JPG
Here’s one more piece of concept art for the new Mary Poppins attraction coming to the UK pavilion at Epcot.
72.jpeg
Epcot Forever is the limited run fireworks spectacular that will be shown at the park after Illuminations: Reflections of Earth concludes its run next month.
73.jpeg
Following the limited time run of Epcot Forever at #Epcot, a new nighttime spectacular called HarmonioUS will be the largest ever created for a Disney park. It will celebrate how the music of Disney inspires people the world over.
74.JPG
So much announced for Epcot!
75.JPG
Composer Pinar Toprak has created a new theme for Epcot (she also composed the music for Captain Marvel)...
76.JPG
We were treated to a live performance of the new theme and it was breathtaking.
77.jpeg
Walt Disney World will celebrate its 50th Anniversary in 2021, and the celebration will span all four parks!
78.jpeg
Special food, merchandise and entertainment is already in the works for this celebration.
80.jpeg
Disney Genie is a new digital offering coming to Walt Disney World...
81.jpeg
It will intuitively assist guests in making selections for dining, Fastpasses and more...
82.jpeg
And the tool will be flexible and customizable based on your party.
84.jpeg
Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge, a unique hotel and proposed Disney Vacation Club resort inspired by the wonders of nature and artistry of Walt Disney.
85.jpeg
Lakeside a-frames will be available to stay in...
86.jpeg
As well as new treehouse villas!
87.jpeg
A new lakeside Tiana-inspired restaurant will open with the resort as well.
88.jpeg
A look at the new restaurant...
89.jpeg
Time for more details about Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser!
90.jpeg
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at Walt Disney World Resort will be a new, first-of-its-kind vacation experience where guests will check-in for a two-night adventure aboard a glamorous starship called the Halcyon.
91.jpeg
Upon arrival to the resort, guests will be transported to the Halcyon in a themed experience.
92.jpeg
Activities will be included onboard. This two night adventure is an experience with guests living their own Star Wars story within.
93.jpeg
Guests will stay in highly themed cabins, each with their personal window into space.
94.jpeg
There will be plenty to experience onboard!
95.jpeg
Guests will be able to train with a lightsaber...
96.jpeg
And even visit the bridge for a training exercise... That may or may not turn into a space battle.
97.jpeg
#DisneyCruise Line guests can look forward to a signature island experience that celebrates the spirit & culture of The Bahamas & the natural environment at a new Disney port of call.
98.jpeg
This new destination will be located on the breathtaking island of Eleuthera at a place called Lighthouse Point.
99.jpeg
Here is some concept art for Lighthouse Point!
100.JPG
The Disney Wish was officially named!
101.jpeg
The fifth of seven ships in the Disney Cruise Line fleet.
102.jpeg
The Disney Cruise Line Disney Wish will feature a grand three story atrium and will begin sailing in January 2022!
103.jpeg
Rapunzel and Pascal will be the featured stern characters for this ship!
104.jpeg
The Disney characters came out to send us off after an amazing presentation!
105.jpeg
Back at the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products pavilion, the two new posters were unveiled... The first being for World Celebration...
106.jpeg
The second being for Mary Poppins.
107.JPG
Another look at the Halcyon.
108.jpeg
Outside of the convention center, the Amazon Treasure Truck was selling D23-exclusives!
109.jpeg
The mural is complete!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!