Photo TR: Credit Run in the Northeast

iPlay America & Six Flags Great Adventure- Final Parks
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I am annoying as f**k!!!

Re: Photo TR: Credit Run in the Northeast

Postby Henry M » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:12 am

Untamed is the same as Rage, isn't it?
Note to self: don't be stupid...

Current top coaster = Expedition GeForce.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:37 am

^ Yes it is. It's a good compact layout; I just wish I could experience it without the OSTRs.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Galaxyland & World Waterpark

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:58 am

Awesome TR! Looking forward to the less talked about Mountain Coasters!
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

I Love Donkeys!

Postby gad198 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:55 am

Nice report thus far.

I totally agree with the Roar-o-Saurus love. Gravity Group did an amazing job on this ride. It doesn't look like much from the ground but it is just so much fun. You could make a case that it's the third or fourth best wooden coaster east of the Appalachian mountains behind El Toro and Boulder Dash.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:33 pm

chickenbowl wrote:Awesome TR! Looking forward to the less talked about Mountain Coasters!

Thanks! I really like mountain coasters. Usually they have great settings and do a great job maintaining their speed the whole way down. I actually just rode the one at Berkshire Mountain a few hours ago and it was one of the best ones I've been on. My favorite still is the Attitash one.

gad198 wrote:Nice report thus far.

I totally agree with the Roar-o-Saurus love. Gravity Group did an amazing job on this ride. It doesn't look like much from the ground but it is just so much fun. You could make a case that it's the third or fourth best wooden coaster east of the Appalachian mountains behind El Toro and Boulder Dash.

Thanks! The first time I rode Wooden Warrior I was expecting a kids ride, not an intense little ride jam packed with air. I figured Roar-O-Saurus would be the same and I was right. I'd also throw Phoenix and two classic woodies in New York ahead of it as well (Comet & Cyclone).
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:47 pm

Cranmore Mountain Adventure Park

My credit run in the Northeast included quite a few mountain coasters. The one at Cranmore Mountain marked the first one I came across. As far as mountain coasters go, Cranmore's is easily the weakest I've been on. Not only is it the shortest, but it has the worst setting of them all. Cranmore's doesn't really have anything concealing the layout like the others. It's more-or-less just a large empty hill. The ride is still enjoyable- decently fast with some good turns- but there are better ones out there, especially the one down the road at Attitash which happens to be my favorite (more on that later). 7 out of 10

Cranmore also had a few other rides and attractions. I only came for the mountain coaster, but I saw that they had a short zipline, a weird Screamin' Swing knockoff, and a skylift up the mountain.

Onto the photos!
Mountain Coaster.JPG
The Mountain Coaster was the real reason I came. Unfortunately it was the weakest one I've come across.
Giant Swing.JPG
And here's that crazy knockoff screamin' swing. The ride slowly lifts riders up and then releases them for a few swings.
Scenic Chairlift Ride.JPG
The obligatory chairlift at a mountain resort.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:10 pm

Attitash Mountain Resort

5 minutes down the road from Story Land and 10 minutes down the road from Cranmore is the best of the mountain resorts I've come across, Attitash. Attitash has had a summer area for as long as I can remember, as my family would always drive by it on the way to Story Land, but we never stopped. Because of their head start with summer activities Attitash has a wide variety of offerings ranging from alpine slides to water slides to air bag jumps to a mountain coaster, which is the best one I've come across.

Nor'Easter Mountain Coaster- I have been on almost 350 coasters and the Nor'Easter Mountain Coaster is easily in the top quarter. The ride has a fantastic setting along a highly wooded mountain and has the best layout I've come across. The coaster quickly establishes speed and is littered with small drops that give tiny pops of air and tight turns that give some good Gs. But the most memorable moment of the coaster is about halfway down when there is a very large (for a mountain coaster) drop underneath the lift hill that gave a huge pop of air. Unfortunately I had to slow down for the final few turns due to traffic up ahead, but the coaster had already made a lasting impression. 9 out of 10
Nor'Easter Mountain Coaster.JPG
The El Toro of mountain coasters if you ask me. This thing doesn't let up and has a crazy hill about halfway through.
Nor'Easter Mountain Coaster Lift.JPG
The four minute ride up the mountain is a great time to think about life and all of the kiddie credits you are missing in New England.
Alpine Slide.JPG
This was (and might still be) Attitash's flagship summer attraction, the Alpine Slides. I've never tried one of these since I know I wouldn't use the brake as much as I should.
Sidewinder.JPG
The park's tube slide. They also have some mat slides on the other end of the resort.
Climbing Wall.JPG
A rock wall.
Bungee Trampoline.JPG
A bungee trampoline.
Airbag Jump.JPG
And the park's scariest attraction, the Air Bag Jump.
Airbag Jump 2.JPG
It's quite simple really, you just climb up the ladder and jump.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:42 pm

Santa's Village

Like Story Land, I hadn't been to Santa's Village in well over 10 years. I had planned to make it to Story Land this year for Roar-o-Saurus, but wasn't planning on hitting Santa's Village. That changed when I saw a surprise listing on RCDB for a second coaster at Santa's Village called Poogee Penguin's Spin Out, which is one of those SBF spinning coasters that have been spawning at parks far and wide. I didn't have much time at the park (~ 1.5 hours), but it was enough to get rides on all of the major attractions and take some photos.

As I remembered, Santa's Village is a very well themed park. It may have been 90 degrees out, but it felt like Christmas thanks to the festive music, candy cane light posts, penguin trash buckets, and religious symbols like Tennessee. Basically every ride was a 5 minute wait or less. The park had expanded quite a bit to add a swing ride, a drop tower, a water park, a unique all-weather tubing ride, and the brand new spinning coaster.

Poogee Penguin's Spin Out- This was my first SBF spinning coaster and the ride was about what I expected. The ride doesn't have any real drops, but the ride can generate some good spins, especially if the cars are unbalanced, which is easy to do in a park when kids often ride with their parents. I just wish the ride had some soft head rests since the hard backs can be a little painful on a few turns, but overall it's a nice fit for the park. 5 out of 10

Rudy's Rapid Transit Coaster- The park's first coaster is still the park's best in my opinion. The long train builds up causes back seat riders to get a pretty forceful first and second drop. The park also gives two laps on this Zierer tivoli coaster. 5 out of 10

Onto the photos!

Rudy's Rapid Transit Coaster-
Santa's Village Sign.JPG
Welcome to the North Pole (aka Northern New Hampshire), a land where there still is no cell service.
Main Entrance.JPG
It may be August, but someday I could see snow hitting New England in the summer.
Santa's Village Entry Plaza.JPG
The park has so many little touches that make it feel like Christmas year round (music, candy cane lights, penguin trash buckets, etc).
Christmas Carousel.JPG
Even the carousel has reindeer instead of horses.
Poogee Penguin's Spin Out.JPG
The real reason for my visit is a new to TPR coaster, Poogee Penguin's Spin Out.
Poogee Penguin's Spin Out Bonus Helix.JPG
These coasters are spreading like wildfire and for good reason- they're compact and fun for all ages.
Poogee Penguin's Spin Out (Aerial).JPG
This one also has a bonus helix!
Poogee Penguin's Spin Out Operator.JPG
And an operator who doesn't know how to separate his whites and reds.
Rudy's Rapid Transit Coaster Drop.JPG
The park's senior coaster is still funner in my opinion, Rudy's Rapid Transit Coaster.
Rudy's Rapid Transit Coaster Returning.JPG
That name seems just as cumbersome as Gotham City Gauntlet.
Santa's Skyway Sleigh.JPG
The park has a really unique monorail themed to sleighs that gives a tour of the park.
Yule Log Flume.JPG
As far as thrills go, the Yule Log Flume is probably the park's most thrilling attraction.
Yule Log Flume Log.JPG
And they'll squeegee the seat for you before you board.
YouTubing.JPG
The park also has a unique all-weather tubing ride appropriately named YouTubing.
YouTubing Sign.JPG
I like the logo.
YouTubing Dip.JPG
You really build up some speed on the second drop and can spin down in backwards.
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree.JPG
Since my last visit, the park had added a few new flats like the Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree swings.
Chimney Drop (Far).JPG
And the Chimney Drop freefall tower.
Loopin' Louie's Flying School.JPG
Before there was Harry Potter, this was how I dreamed of flying.
Antique Cars.JPG
The park also has a really nice set of Antique Cars.
Great Humbug Adventure (Close).JPG
And a dark ride despite the park's relatively small size.
Great Humbug Adventure Doorway.JPG
The Great Humbug Adventure lets you shoot humbugs with tickle guns. Yes you read that right.
Merry Christmas Ferris Wheel (Air).JPG
Last but not least is the Ferris Wheel. From atop, you can see Mt. Washington and the White Mountains. The park has a great setting!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:54 pm

I honestly thought you were joking about the name "youtubing" but they're serious, haha! Great report. I haven't been to the Northeast yet but the parks you visited look fantastic.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:17 pm

I think this is the first time I have seen a Photo TR from Santa's Village without any creepy elves.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!