Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manny In England » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:34 am

^ That's using torture to make people happy.
Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

"Deal with it f**filled with medicine and goo." - Robb addressing a technical complaint.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby BkkMan13 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:46 am

Ihope they take off the age ban. I doubt it will cause people under the age mental scarring. And I hope they take off the one ride per day thing, seems kinda like a ripoff to do that.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Dobba » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:48 am

BkkMan13 wrote:Ihope they take off the age ban. I doubt it will cause people under the age mental scarring. And I hope they take off the one ride per day thing, seems kinda like a ripoff to do that.

It's marketing, simple as. There won't be an age or ride limit on the ride once it opens in March, it's a easy way to get into the papers.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:12 am

The ride will most likely have an advisory age restriction like Saw: The Ride does.

The ride board will say something along the lines of "Warning young thrill hunters, it is not advised you test yourself on this ride if you are under the age of 14"

-Craig

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Steelinwood » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:43 pm

This is just screaming illegitimate brain child of Darkastle. But in regards to bans on age, I've seen something like that for Black Mamba. Does this tend to happen in the UK and surrounding countries often?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby -lofty- » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:22 am

No it doesn't.

To be honest, the only reason they have released this 'information' in the Press Release is to conjure up some wild rumours so they can promote the ride further due to WOM (Word Of Mouth).

A lot of attractions and parks do this, I mean that's what teasers are for, they are there to give a little tiny section of information but leave the rest to your own imagination.

So yes, I wouldn't expect you to sign a disclaimer, be over the age of 18 or only ride once per day, it's just marketing and publicity for Thirteen.

Mark.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Steelinwood » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:54 pm

It almost seems like a little too much, hope they don't make it overrated.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby -lofty- » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:10 am

I totally understand where you're coming from. They're on a fine line with what they're saying, extremely bold statements. It wouldn't surprise me if they try and enforce at least one of the three tules at the beginning of the season, or at least on the Thirteen Weekend.

But hey, you know what they say 'Even bad publicity is good publicity'.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Dobba » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Few updates from the park today

Sonic's Arrival 100% Confirmed:
Though it had been spotted on promotional materials for the 2010 season, the park officially confirmed (via the official site) the Spinball Whizzer retheme to become "Sonic Spinball" and released the ride's new logo. A new themed suite will also open in Alton Towers Hotel and the partnership with Sega is for 3 years - fuelling the recent speculation that the ride is set for a move within the resort in the future.
New theming, sound effects and a car design are expected for the new season. Sonic Spinball is due to open for the Feb Half Term event which begins on 13th Feb.

More 13 related PR BS:
The Daily Star are running a story about a construction worker who is so scared by Thirteen he has stopped work. He has supposedly been breaking out in cold sweats etc...
BRITS scared of number 13 will be offered therapy so they can try out a new £15million rollercoaster.

It comes after builder Paul McNichol, 44, had to stop work on the scary new Th13teen ride at Alton Towers Resort, Staffs. He was so paralysed by his fear that he broke out in cold sweats.

But after sessions with top hypnotherapist Bonita Rayner-Jones, he was able to conquer his terror. Bonita said: “Fear of the number 13 is common. But we were able to tackle the problem once and for all.”

The ride starts on March 20. To find out more about hypnotherapy at Alton Towers Resort, contact phobia@alton-towers.com

Link to full "story"

2010 Promotional Image
Though the image had been spotted in a brochure and scanned online this past week, a higher quality version has made it's way online.

THE BOY

Postby Ed » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:17 pm

You have to hand it to Alton Towers / Merlin. They know how to get attention!

Oh and this must be played whenever a car leaves the Sonic Spinball station!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!