Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1230: Cheetah Chase launched racing slides announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby HolidayWorldFTW » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:01 pm

jconsolmagno wrote:Any idea what the expected capacity is on the new slide combo? I fear it will be putrid.

I would think the capacity would be higher than Wildebeest. Shorter length and basically two slides instead of one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:53 pm

HolidayWorldFTW wrote:As for the plans somewhere above that we’re suspected to replace the pilgrims plunge area... I still have a gut feeling those are real plans.... just not for this year. HW knows at least a couple years before hand what is coming next and they CERTAINLY plan out way in advanced for that. Those plans just fit that area WAY too perfectly to not be real.

That coaster wouldn't fit with Cheetah Chase there, at least not the helix around Kima Bay. I'm guessing those blueprints were an old ride proposal leaked for fun, or just an enthusiast with too much time on their hands trying to stir up some rumors. I'm still very confused as to why Pilgrim Plunge's spot is still sitting there being an eyesore, but I'm sure HW has plans for it at some point.

Cheetah Chase looks like a ton of fun. I love Wildebeest and this looks just as awesome. Hopefully I'll make it back to HW in 2020.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:32 am

Great. A Cheetah Hunt knockoff.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:46 am

HolidayWorldFTW wrote:
jconsolmagno wrote:Any idea what the expected capacity is on the new slide combo? I fear it will be putrid.

I would think the capacity would be higher than Wildebeest. Shorter length and basically two slides instead of one.

The rafts seat one less person than Wildebeest, however it gonna be loaded six at a time as there appears to be no separate lines for both sides. With that said, it could be more similar to Mammoth's capacity depending on how many rafts they're able to run at once. Getting on this thing next year is going to be horrible as Mammoth and Wildebeest both pulled at least 1 hour and 45 min waits during their opening seasons at the peak. The good news is that once the newness wears off, the lines for each water coaster should balance out quite nicely in a couple of years unless attendance skyrockets.

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:23 am

prozach626 wrote:Great. A Cheetah Hunt knockoff.

So its Baby Baby Maverick then.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby pryonisys » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:56 am

Mike240SX wrote:Definitely digging the Dreamcast-era graphics on the trailer LOL.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking along those lines.
Let's be honest though, so long as they are putting money into the park and attractions I don't care what the announcement graphics look like.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Chiselphane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:59 am

ZeroGravity55 wrote:
HolidayWorldFTW wrote:

The rafts seat one less person than Wildebeest, however it gonna be loaded six at a time as there appears to be no separate lines for both sides. With that said, it could be more similar to Mammoth's capacity depending on how many rafts they're able to run at once. Getting on this thing next year is going to be horrible as Mammoth and Wildebeest both pulled at least 1 hour and 45 min waits during their opening seasons at the peak. The good news is that once the newness wears off, the lines for each water coaster should balance out quite nicely in a couple of years unless attendance skyrockets.

Yeah thats to be expected. I hope with that kind of wait the queue is more shaded than it appears to be in the preview!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby teacherkim » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:39 am

I'm thrilled about the new ride. I love water coasters and can't wait to try this out next year.

We were actually at the park on Mon and still very high crowds and still under the boil order. I was actually quite impressed at how efficiently they kept the bottled water and canned soda coming all day long with those crowds. Unfortunately we were only able to get one ride each on Wildebeest and Mammoth and that was using the single rider line. We did the coasters first and that took longer than normal due to the crowds so didn't get over to the waterpark til late afternoon and even with single rider it took us about an hour and a half to get through those two and then the lines were shut down about 4:30, with a 5 pm waterpark closing.

We were able to go back an do re rides on Voyage and Thunderbird but it was for sure a day where you had to prioritize rides because there was no way to get on all of them.

We also ran into a huge mess getting out of the parking lot. We were going on to Louisville to do KK the next day and it took us almost as long to get back up to 64 as it did to get the rest of the way to KK. A good 45 min or so just to get out of the lot.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby mikeykaise » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:10 am

Looks interesting but was hoping for something other than another water coaster, I thought for sure that they might actually be doing something with the big hole left behind by the removal of Pilgrims Plunge.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:36 am

Woodie Warrior wrote:
HolidayWorldFTW wrote:As for the plans somewhere above that we’re suspected to replace the pilgrims plunge area... I still have a gut feeling those are real plans.... just not for this year. HW knows at least a couple years before hand what is coming next and they CERTAINLY plan out way in advanced for that. Those plans just fit that area WAY too perfectly to not be real.

That coaster wouldn't fit with Cheetah Chase there, at least not the helix around Kima Bay. I'm guessing those blueprints were an old ride proposal leaked for fun, or just an enthusiast with too much time on their hands trying to stir up some rumors. I'm still very confused as to why Pilgrim Plunge's spot is still sitting there being an eyesore, but I'm sure HW has plans for it at some point.

I’m guessing those were Intamin’s actual proposal for this same RFP asking for a “launched water coaster”, but Proslide got the bid and so they leaked those plans just for fun. I don’t imagine they’ll be built - after this, I think we will be waiting a little while for the next major addition anyway. Pilgrim’s Plunge spot will have it’s time someday.

I couldn’t love this new addition more. It looks awesome flying over the path and fits perfectly into that empty corner. Excited to try it out. Three water coasters in one park is ridiculous, but I love them so I’m not complaining!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!