Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1230: Cheetah Chase launched racing slides announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby LegendLover » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:24 pm

Maybe with the removal of the half pipe slide, it’ll be one of those hybrid bowl and half pipe sides like what Six Flags has been adding.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:58 pm

A few things I'm sure of. It's gonna be the fastest of it's type. In the initial teaser on all their social media's, they worded it "be the fastest to know". You don't typically word stuff like that. The second thing is that it's a coaster of some type. Weather it's a dry coaster or a water coaster. Why would they want coaster enthusiasts in the audience for the announcement for some slide, or flat ride addition. Lastly, it's not a family coaster. It wouldn't be the fastest of its type if it was.

Honestly, the more I think of it, the more an Intamin Water Coaster makes sense. They're similar in style to the former Shoot the Chutes ride HW had. In fact, they can reuse the the foundation from the former tower of Pilgrims Plunge and also reuse almost everything like the water pumps, boats, ext, other than redesigning the splash down area as I'm assuming this will also have a roller coaster part like ones in Europe do. Intamin is probably also giving them a discount too due to the failure of Pilgrims Plunge. Also, why would they leave the boats, the station, the splash down and all the foundation work for almost 6 years now if they didn't plan on reusing it at some point? They certainly have the money to remove it all if they so wish, and honestly by all accounts should of at this point if they didn't plan to reuse it as it's kinda an eye sore.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby HolidayWorldFTW » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:02 pm

ZeroGravity55 wrote:A few things I'm sure of. It's gonna be the fastest of it's type. In the initial teaser on all their social media's, they worded it "be the fastest to know". You don't typically word stuff like that. The second thing is that it's a coaster of some type. Weather it's a dry coaster or a water coaster. Why would they want coaster enthusiasts in the audience for the announcement for some slide, or flat ride addition. Lastly, it's not a family coaster. It wouldn't be the fastest of its type if it was.

Honestly, the more I think of it, the more an Intamin Water Coaster makes sense. They're similar in style to the former Shoot the Chutes ride HW had. In fact, they can reuse the the foundation from the former tower of Pilgrims Plunge and also reuse almost everything like the water pumps, boats, ext, other than redesigning the splash down area as I'm assuming this will also have a roller coaster part like ones in Europe do. Intamin is probably also giving them a discount too due to the failure of Pilgrims Plunge. Also, why would they leave the boats, the station, the splash down and all the foundation work for almost 6 years now if they didn't plan on reusing it at some point? They certainly have the money to remove it all if they so wish, and honestly by all accounts should of at this point if they didn't plan to reuse it as it's kinda an eye sore.

THIS sounds like something they would do. I’m buying what your selling and could totally see a ride like that in HW. I don’t think it is by any means a small addition like a new slide complex or anything like that. This will be a more major, anchor ride I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jcoasternut » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:45 am

I will be there :-). I made 31st visit of the season yesterday. Of course it helps having a Platinum Pass, being retired, and living within an hour of the park! Can't wait for the announcement!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jcoasternut » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:05 am

I have been visiting this park for a long time! Here is a picture of my first visit around 1953 ! Can you tell which one is me :-)
Scan10014.JPG
First visit around 1953

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:44 am

I don't know. I can't see them getting rid of a ride only to get the exact same thing with an extended layout . . .

I can see them getting some from MACK before intamin though.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby LegendLover » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:03 pm

I don't know. That would actually be a pretty good idea I think. It's been years since they removed Pilgrim's Plunge. It's been long enough that I think people would see the replacement and think "man, I've missed that ride. I want to go out to Holiday World and try it again." It's not like they removed it, and then announced a replacement the next year.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby jlp94 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:41 am

^ A huge water ride like Pilgrim's Plunge was my thinking, in the same spot. I can't really see a new large-investment coaster like some people are saying, but you never know.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:03 am

jcoasternut wrote:I have been visiting this park for a long time! Here is a picture of my first visit around 1953 ! Can you tell which one is me :-)

This is lovely. Thank you for sharing it with us.

David

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:31 am

LegendLover wrote:I don't know. That would actually be a pretty good idea I think. It's been years since they removed Pilgrim's Plunge. It's been long enough that I think people would see the replacement and think "man, I've missed that ride. I want to go out to Holiday World and try it again." It's not like they removed it, and then announced a replacement the next year.

But do people really miss it? It wasn't taken out just to take out. It was problematic right? From my understand it was a long, boring trek to the lift then just a drop?
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!