Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby Midgetman82 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:32 am

I also really appreciated Ed coming out to talk to the group as well about selecting certain manufacturers for the park that fits within their budget and pleases more than just the enthusiast crowd. Kentucky Flyer is a really good example of that push, imo.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby sfkk » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:56 pm

The park will be getting a new dog stunt show this year as well as both Pacific Rim and Yogi Bear new movies in the 5D cinema.

Postby Midgetman82 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:59 pm

Don't mean to double post (Edit: nvm, guess I was making this while sfkk was posting too!), but I did have some stuff from the tour around the park for any interested.
20200215_095602.jpg
When we first arrived behind T3 and walked to the management building.
20200215_104948.jpg
They're doing their special again this year: 2 days at the park + free drinks for $29.95 when you visit kentuckykingdom.com/ilovecoasters
20200215_131438.jpg
HUGE time jump, because I shot most of the tour on my camera (see YouTube video above). This was in the print shop, which is the lil shed building underneath Lightning Run.
20200215_131530.jpg
Speaking of Lightning Run, walking out the garage door out back greets you to the sweet floor level S-bend curves on the coaster.
20200215_131838.jpg
100ft first drop. Unassuming, but VERY steep and powerful, especially in the backseat!
20200215_132253.jpg
Lots of photo ops for folks walking as far as underneath the first drop, and over to the footers of what was Greezed Lightnin'.

Awesome of the park to give us such a closeup tour of Lightning Run, which was my personal highlight of the event! Big thanks to them!
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby mikeykaise » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:13 am

sfkk wrote:The park will be getting a new dog stunt show this year as well as both Pacific Rim and Yogi Bear new movies in the 5D cinema.

Are the seals coming back or is this replacing the seal show?

Postby sfkk » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:19 am

^Should get Birds, Sea Lions, and Dogs this year. They are really going all in on the animals haha. Although last year the birds were there from Memorial day to July 4 and I’m not sure if that schedule will modified at all.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Naina21 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:26 am

GKTW Facebook

Coasting for Kids will be at Kentucky Kingdom June 20th. You can register here: Give Kids The World

Postby sfkk » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:33 pm

Late April opening date and buyout dates have quietly been removed from 2020 operating calendar. Now looking at an opening date of Saturday May 2 best case scenario.

Postby Midgetman82 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:54 pm

Not surprised, what with all the mayhem currently going on. I've been keeping an eye on other parks who have had earlier opening dates and have stayed relatively quiet about it with no changes so far.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:36 pm

Midgetman82 wrote:Don't mean to double post (Edit: nvm, guess I was making this while sfkk was posting too!), but I did have some stuff from the tour around the park for any interested.

Great video!!! - If I could provide just one tip of feedback... It's that, IMO, the video would have been about 1,900 times better if you would have muted the audio from the actual video with all of the background noise, and just went with the music! (Just my 2 cents worth though.)
Bigger is not always better.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:31 am

Midgetman82 wrote: I've been keeping an eye on other parks who have had earlier opening dates and have stayed relatively quiet about it with no changes so far.

I'd look for most of them to announce the opening date extensions within a week or so. KI just pushed back to May 1st. Parks are still waiting to see and I would think that extending opening dates publicly is risking losing more interest.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!